Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10GB Unmetered Dedis
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10GB Unmetered Dedis

Hey Guys , looking for some cheap 10gb Unmetered dedis, if this is even a thing

what you guys know of?

Looking for USA / Canada / UK Locations

Comments

• 10G Unmetered is expensive everywhere.

10G metered, then you might get somewhere.

• @kennsann said:
    10G Unmetered is expensive everywhere.

were looking for 10gb Unmetered best, ive found is $599 :(

its mad considering you can get a 1gb for less than 40 at hetzner

• NomadNomad Member

Try @Clouvider, they offer 10Gbps unmetered as well:
    https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • edited June 2020

@HyperHost said:

what you guys know of?

Reliablesite.net has unmetered 10gbps $599 per month. They have servers in the USA

Also gthost.com says they offer 10gbps unmetered in Canada and USA. Dont know the cost.

• @HyperHost said:

@kennsann said:
    10G Unmetered is expensive everywhere.

were looking for 10gb Unmetered best, ive found is $599 :(

its mad considering you can get a 1gb for less than 40 at hetzner

10 x 40 = 400, but most 10Gbps are going to be on modern hardware which bumps up the cost as well. 10Gbps unmetered is not going to be cheap, simple as that.

Thanked by 2kkrajk Pwner
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Are we talking about a real 10Gbit unshared Unmetered bandwidth port?
    Are you even using that much bandwidth? ? I doubt that.

Might better look for a Dedi with 10Gbit port but a 1G/2G or whatever how much bandwidth you use commit. But then it won't be under 300/400 as well.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
  • Nothing is truly unmetered, y ou will get a bill at some point if it is unsustainable by host.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@huntercop said:
    Nothing is truly unmetered,

Our unmetered servers are truly unmetered.

@AK_KWH said:
    checkout
    @Clouvider

Thanks for the mention!

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @HostSlick said:

Might better look for a Dedi with 10Gbit port but a 1G/2G or whatever how much bandwidth you use commit. But then it won't be under 300/400 as well.

our client uses 6GB at peak times "normal business Hours" and evenings its very low less than 100MB ,

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@HyperHost said:

@HostSlick said:

our client uses 6GB at peak times "normal business Hours" and evenings its very low less than 100MB ,

Try to sensibly guesstimate your customers monthly traffic volume ... and then highly likely you'll see that @HostSlick's advice was good and helps you to save lots of $$.

• vovlervovler Member

@HyperHost said: our client uses 6GB at peak times "normal business Hours" and evenings its very low less than 100MB ,

The cheap way would be to cache what your client is serving with CloudFlare

Also, 6GBps != 6Gbps.

• @HostSlick said:

Hi @HostSlick yes my client does use around 6GB Bandwidth at busy times, do you offer 10GB port / Bandwidth speeds?

edited June 2020

@HyperHost said:
    Hi @HostSlick yes my client does use around 6GB Bandwidth at busy times, do you offer 10GB port / Bandwidth speeds?

Listen and think!

1 GB/s is one GigaBytes per second while 1 Gb/s is one Gigabits per second. One Byte is (theoretically) 8 bits but with Ethernet it's more like 7 bits due to diverse overhead. Even leaving those details aside 1 GB/s is 8 Gb/s and 6 GB/s is about 50 Gb/s for which you evidently would need a 100 Gb/s adapter (the smaller one, 40 Gb/s, would be too small).

Come back once you know what you actually need.

And again: x Gb/s (in hosting) boils down to 2 points, (a) a physical network adapter, e.g. a 10 Gb/s adapter, and (b) a transmission speed - BUT there is a second point, traffic, which is the volume of data transferred via some network adapter, and that is the more important cost factor for the hoster and in consequence for you.
    According to what you said your client experiences 'less than 100 MB' (I presume you meant 100 Mb/s) during about 16 hours per day and - I presume 'up to' - 6 Gb/s during normal business hours.

IFF your client actually and really experienced that kind of network traffic then his monthly network traffic volume would be about 878400 x 750 MB + 1756800 x 12.5 MB = 658800000 + 21960000 MB = 680760000 MB = 680.76 TB per month which is less than what can be transferred through a 2 Gb/s line.
    Note: the numbers above are based on 8 hrs/day @ 6Gb/s and 16 hrs/day @ 100Mb/s times 30,5 (average days per month). Highly likely your clients real numbers are considerably lower because to name one example he is almost certainly not experiencing 6 Gb/s during 8 hours a day but rather something like 3 or 4 Gb/s and occasionally 6 Gb/s.

TL;DR your request for a 10 Gb/s dedi is (a) utterly lacking in understanding even basic terms of hosting/networking, and (b) nonsensical and ridiculous as you would make your client pay tons of money through his nose where a normal 10 Gb/s with limited traffic volume would be much cheaper.

Thanked by 3lentro vpsGOD HyperHost
  • @jsg said:

@HyperHost said:

Listen and think!

1 GB/s is one GigaBytes per second while 1 Gb/s is one Gigabits per second. One Byte is (theoretically) 8 bits but with Ethernet it's more like 7 bits due to diverse overhead. Even leaving those details aside 1 GB/s is 8 Gb/s and 6 GB/s is about 50 Gb/s for which you evidently would need a 100 Gb/s adapter (the smaller one, 40 Gb/s, would be too small).

Come back once you know what you actually need.

And again: x Gb/s (in hosting) boils down to 2 points, (a) a physical network adapter, e.g. a 10 Gb/s adapter, and (b) a transmission speed - BUT there is a second point, traffic, which is the volume of data transferred via some network adapter, and that is the more important cost factor for the hoster and in consequence for you.
    According to what you said your client experiences 'less than 100 MB' (I presume you meant 100 Mb/s) during about 16 hours per day and - I presume 'up to' - 6 Gb/s during normal business hours.

IFF your client actually and really experienced that kind of network traffic then his monthly network traffic volume would be about 878400 x 750 MB + 1756800 x 12.5 MB = 658800000 + 21960000 MB = 680760000 MB = 680.76 TB per month which is less than what can be transferred through a 2 Gb/s line.
    Note: the numbers above are based on 8 hrs/day @ 6Gb/s and 16 hrs/day @ 100Mb/s times 30,5 (average days per month). Highly likely your clients real numbers are considerably lower because to name one example he is almost certainly not experiencing 6 Gb/s during 8 hours a day but rather something like 3 or 4 Gb/s and occasionally 6 Gb/s.

TL;DR your request for a 10 Gb/s dedi is (a) utterly lacking in understanding even basic terms of hosting/networking, and (b) nonsensical and ridiculous as you would make your client pay tons of money through his nose where a normal 10 Gb/s with limited traffic volume would be much cheaper.

as ive already said the client uses at peak time over 6 Gb/s

• a 10GB Network adaptor with 10Gb/s bandwidth is suitable for there needs they currently on a server just want better specs than they currently have thats all

@HyperHost said:
    a 10GB Network adaptor with 10Gb/s bandwidth is suitable for there needs they currently on a server just want better specs than they currently have thats all

(a) You are very impolite. There are some users here who have put quite some effort in trying to help you and you do not even thank them.
    (b) I call out BS. You did speak of '6 GB' all the time and not of '6 Gb/s'
    (c) Congratulation for finally beginning to understand what e.g. @HostSlick and myself have been trying to make you understand.
    (d) You are hiding in a lie again. You did not look for "a server just want better specs than they currently have thats all" but you expressly looked for a server with unlimited 10 GB (and/or '10 Gb').
    (e) "client uses at peak time over 6 Gb/s" - NO, what you said is, I quote, "our client uses 6GB at peak times".

Behave decently and there will be a nice echo. Or go on the way you did and it won't be nice.

Thanked by 2lentro TimboJones
  • yes as the server they have is a very low 10 gb/s server so anything will be better , so this is why i didn't mention specs, anything is about a 5k CPU Rating,

i was waiting until a provider comments that provide the info when they request but , its simple what i said i just need a 10gb/s server when someone suggest im sure its about a 5k cpu rating

Ideally , we want 10k CPU Rating that its double the improvement
    32gb ram
    10gb/s connection
    , is this better for you ?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2020

Bandwidth is measured in Gbps or Mbps.
    Download / Upload Speed is measured is GB/s or MB/s

Pick one, it's case and symbol sensitive. don't mix and match.

If you said your client need upload speed of 6 GB/s, I call that BS.

• You should probably just measure first how much real bandwidth your client uses in a month. If he doesn't do anything above 200TB/m I'd say you're really in a better position to be able to get a cheaper deal than getting unmetered 10Gbps which, like @jsg said would cost your client way more than what he's actually using.

@1gservers has pretty good configurations with 21k passmark CPUs and he'll likely hook you up with a 10Gbps connections with the bandwidth you need at pretty good prices. I've had a lot of chat with them, and they've always tried to offer a good deal.

Probably the gist of it all, is that you should strike a balance with price and the real quantity of data being transferred on a monthly basis rather than going all out on an unmetered plan and you don't really need it. Another option probably is check with the provider if they have a 95th kind of billing, would be cheaper in the long run if you just need a few bursts in a month.

Thanked by 11gservers
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Have a look if one of our sale unmetered servers will do, they are really aggressively priced!

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@HyperHost said:

what you guys know of?

We can do this, drop by at https://readydedis.com/ we can discuss further.

edited June 2020

@Clouvider said:
    Have a look if one of our sale unmetered servers will do, they are really aggressively priced!

Wow, I'm not looking for a dedi and certainly not one with 10 Gb/s metered or not. But I followed your link, and ...

@HyperHost

I strongly suggest you have a look at @Clouvider's unmetered dedis! This one is probably not what you want, but just for orientation:

6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.8 GHz
    16 GB up to 128 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    512 GB NVMe up to 2 NVMe + up to 2 SSD/HDD
    1Gbit/s unmetered Bandwidth
    10 Gbit/s NIC
    £79/mo
    or, if you really want 10 Gb/s unmetered, this one:

6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.8 GHz
    16 GB up to 128 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    512 GB NVMe up to 2 NVMe + up to 2 SSD/HDD
    10 Gbit/s unmetered Bandwidth
    10 Gbit/s NIC
    £428/mo

And Clouvider certainly is one of the best quality providers here at LET! No old 3rd hand crap but current systems with current CPUs.

Note that this also provides you a frame of mind in case you follow our advice and take a dedi with 10 Gb/s NIC but a traffic budget that is realistic and easily covers your clients real need, like e.g. 720 TB.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We provide servers with 10gbps connections, starting with 200TB of transfer, all the way up to unmetered. You can checkout our stock at:
    https://1gservers.com/auto-deploy-servers.html

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to explore a deal.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2020

I don't have the patience you guys have.