Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a VDS? Why only $0.79/mth?! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is a VDS? Why only $0.79/mth?!

Comments

• t0mt0m Member

@kalimov622 said:
    @NanoG6, is there any option in the panel to upload your own ISO image and use that instead?

I have just checked it; it's not possible to upload an ISO at the reinstall page it seems.
    p.s. my VPS with them has an uptime of 31 days. You can only deploy to their Russian location.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited June 2020

Thanks, @t0m. Was hoping to install windows on one of those configurations

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • ayiemyayiemy Member

@NanoG6 said:

@ayiemy said:
    turns out the offer is legit, i grab 1 instance ( $0.79/month ). let see how long it last, runs tor exit in it.

p/s - my first post after silent reading LET for years, finally registering myself.

Fuck you.

Thank you

Thanked by 2HostVDS_com sally
  • @kalimov622 said:
    Thanks, t0m. Was hoping to install windows on one of those configurations

You can install your windows image with dd anyway.

• HostVDS_comHostVDS_com Member, Patron Provider

Hi guys!
    I work at HostVDS.com and will try to answer all your questions.
    First of all, we are not scammers, we are just trying to make a cloud, like DO or Vultr, at the best price. :)
    Feel free to ask your questions here - I will try to reply.

Thanked by 1_MS_

@bustersg said:
    I came upon this site https://hostvds.com/
    $0.79/m for 1GB plan but not much reviews about them.

Yes, we are new, this is why not many reviews.

What is a VDS? I have a couple of OpenVZ and KVM. Is VDS any diff?

Now days VDS and VPS are usual different names of one thing. We use KVM as hypervisor.

How can this provider do so cheap!

Very simple: Moore's law and market competition.

• CoffeeCoffee Member

@HostVDS_com said: like DO or Vultr

Then Singapore please, at the best price, $0.79, per month.

Thanked by 2HostVDS_com Edmond

@jamespeach said:
    I came across this site as well and was wondering the same thing. It requires you to make a deposit before you can even see any of the information. I was sketched out by the whole process so I ended up not paying, but would love to hear from someone that has used them before. I am especially interested if the $0.79 a month plan gives you the option to pick Dallas, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Bangalore, and Moscow.

Thank you very much for your review. Now we understand that it is not good idea take money first, so we are working on adding free trial for test our service.

Currently only Moscow is available, but we are working on adding new locations, corona-virus slightly changed our plans.

Dallas and Amsterdam will be available very soon. Hong Kong, Bangalore seems will need more time.

Thanked by 2jamespeach yomero
  • donkodonko Member

@HostVDS_com said:
    Hi guys!
    First of all, we are not scammers, we are just trying to make a cloud, like DO or Vultr, at the best price. :)

I've registered on your site but didn't have received any confirmation email yet :/
    (yep i already checked spam folder)

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@HostVDS_com said:
    Hi guys!

Nice to meet you! Sorry for my comment earlier with some assumptions (too late to edit). Glad you exist! Best of luck.

One question - what is your DC in Moscow?

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com

@Coffee said:

@HostVDS_com said: like DO or Vultr

Then Singapore please, at the best price, $0.79, per month.

Why Singapore? Hong Kong looks like have better connectivity...

@donko said:

@HostVDS_com said:
    Hi guys!

I've registered on your site but didn't have received any confirmation email yet :/
    (yep i already checked spam folder)

We are working on it, will be fixed soon. Seems we sends email not optimal for anti-spam filters.

@lentro said:

@HostVDS_com said:
    Hi guys!

Nice to meet you! Sorry for my comment earlier with some assumptions (too late to edit). Glad you exist! Best of luck.

One question - what is your DC in Moscow?

M9Plus datacenter, it is a part of msk-ix.ru

@lentro said:

@jamespeach said:

@lentro said:

@BloomVPS said:
    VDS is a Virtual Dedicated Server. Basically it’s a VPS with dedicated resources/no overselling.

But I agree with @james50a if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Yeah, no TOS, no company about, and as @jamespeach mentioned, like it just wants your CC info to "activate" the account. Hetzner does something similar, but there isn't even any info on the company, so stay away.

They do take PayPal as well, they seem to accept almost anything, and you can deposit any amount. I can't tell if its a scam, or just poorly designed and translated.

I can't press that button within their CP, so it might just be a poorly designed site. Surprised they created a whole new one rather than using WHMCS/Blesta/Clientexec/Hostbill....

Yes, we build our own billing.

• Ruvds started from mid 2019.

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com

@jahrinc said:
    Weird that they have a "Donate" link on the footer. Hmmm, yeah no thanks.

This link is not for donate us, this link for our customers, so you can donate for the hosting of some project hosted with us. I hope I talk clear :).

@dedipromo said:
    I tried to sign up and see what was going on, and their email went to junkbox. Here is the spam analysis. Looks very sketchy.

X-Spam-Report: 
      *  0.0 FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1 No description available.
      *  0.1 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
      *  0.7 MPART_ALT_DIFF BODY: HTML and text parts are different
      *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
      *  0.6 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
      *  0.0 HELO_NO_DOMAIN Relay reports its domain incorrectly
      *  0.0 MIME_HTML_ONLY_MULTI Multipart message only has text/html MIME parts
      *  0.1 MISSING_MID Missing Message-Id: header
      *  1.4 MISSING_DATE Missing Date: header
      *  0.3 KHOP_HELO_FCRDNS Relay HELO differs from its IP's reverse DNS
      *  2.0 TO_NO_BRKTS_HTML_ONLY To: lacks brackets and HTML only
    X-Spam-Score: 5.3

Working on it, thank you.

@farsighter said:
    VDS is just marketing BS for hypervisor-based VPS.

Yeah, in early time VPS called only container based servers, now days seems it is synonyms.

@dedipromo said:
    Well, interesting. I actually topped up $1 and got a server. Delivery is instant, and the panel looks pretty decent. Only Russia location is available; other locations are greyed out. Billing can be hourly or monthly, and the price is indeed $0.79/month for 1 GB RAM and 10 GB storage.

Here is a quick YABS result:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-06-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun Jun 28 02:59:11 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1800.001 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 985M
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 9.7G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 81.07 MB/s   (20.2k) | 204.22 MB/s   (3.1k)
    Write      | 81.29 MB/s   (20.3k) | 205.29 MB/s   (3.2k)
    Total      | 162.36 MB/s  (40.5k) | 409.51 MB/s   (6.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 232.46 MB/s    (454) | 359.08 MB/s    (350)
    Write      | 244.81 MB/s    (478) | 383.00 MB/s    (374)
    Total      | 477.27 MB/s    (932) | 742.09 MB/s    (724)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             peed
                              |                           |                 |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 661 Mbits/sec   | 47.6 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 673 Mbits/sec   | busy                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 677 Mbits/sec   | 47.6 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 719 Mbits/sec   | 47.5 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 474 Mbits/sec   | 41.1 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 776 Mbits/sec   | 47.6 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 616 Mbits/sec   | 45.5 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Airstream Communications (Attempt #1 of 10).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 554 Mbits/sec   | 45.4 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 586 Mbits/sec   | 45.6 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 468
    Multi Core      | 473
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2715596

Considering the price, the result is pretty acceptable. I'll keep monitoring the server and see if the uptime is good.

With $1.59 plan you will get much better, for example 200mbps, not 50mbps :).

@jamespeach said:

@dedipromo said:
    Well, interesting. I actually topped up $1 and got a server. Delivery is instant, and the panel looks pretty decent. Only Russia location is available; other locations are greyed out. Billing can be hourly or monthly, and the price is indeed $0.79/month for 1 GB RAM and 10 GB storage.

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

|                      |

Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             peed
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 661 Mbits/sec   | 47.6 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 677 Mbits/sec   | 47.6 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 719 Mbits/sec   | 47.5 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 474 Mbits/sec   | 41.1 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 776 Mbits/sec   | 47.6 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 616 Mbits/sec   | 45.5 Mbits/sec                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    Performing IPv4 iperf3 send test to Airstream Communications (Attempt #1 of 10).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 554 Mbits/sec   | 45.4 Mbits/sec
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 586 Mbits/sec   | 45.6 Mbits/sec

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 468
    Multi Core      | 473

Considering the price, the result is pretty acceptable. I'll keep monitoring the server and see if the uptime is good.

Thanks for taking the plunge! Sad to hear it's only Russia, that's the only one I didn't want.

As I said we are working on it.

@NanoG6 said:
    Same experience with @dedipromo, I topped up $2 (+0.3USD via stripe), the reason I'm signing up is to try Hong Kong as advertised, but turn out only Russia available. Crap.

No ticket system available, you have to email them

And this is yabs for 2GB instance:

> # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    > #                     v2020-06-20                    #
    > # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    > # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    > 
    > Sun Jun 28 03:21:06 UTC 2020
    > 
    > Basic System Information:
    > ---------------------------------
    > Processor  : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake)
    > CPU cores  : 1 @ 1800.001 MHz
    > AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    > VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    > RAM        : 1.9G
    > Swap       : 0B
    > Disk       : 20G
    > 
    > fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    > Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    > Read       | 76.46 MB/s   (19.1k) | 213.82 MB/s   (3.3k)
    > Write      | 76.66 MB/s   (19.1k) | 214.95 MB/s   (3.3k)
    > Total      | 153.12 MB/s  (38.2k) | 428.77 MB/s   (6.6k)
    >            |                      |                     
    > Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    >   ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    > Read       | 231.59 MB/s    (452) | 305.06 MB/s    (297)
    > Write      | 243.89 MB/s    (476) | 325.37 MB/s    (317)
    > Total      | 475.48 MB/s    (928) | 630.43 MB/s    (614)
    > 
    > iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    > Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
    >                           |                           |                 |                
    > Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 718 Mbits/sec   | 179 Mbits/sec  
    > Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 620 Mbits/sec   | 156 Mbits/sec  
    > WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 633 Mbits/sec   | 179 Mbits/sec  
    > wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 638 Mbits/sec   | 161 Mbits/sec  
    > Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 465 Mbits/sec   | 109 Mbits/sec  
    > Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 772 Mbits/sec   | 185 Mbits/sec  
    > Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 514 Mbits/sec   | 139 Mbits/sec  
    > Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 601 Mbits/sec   | 155 Mbits/sec  
    > Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 609 Mbits/sec   | 145 Mbits/sec  
    > 
    > Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    > Test            | Value                         
    >                 |                               
    > Single Core     | 459                           
    > Multi Core      | 460                           
    > Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2715757
    > 

Sorry, currently only Moscow is available. You can email us for easy refund.

Thanked by 1host4cheap
  • @HostVDS_com said:

@jamespeach said:

@dedipromo said:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

|                      |

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 468
    Multi Core      | 473

Thanks for taking the plunge! Sad to hear it's only Russia, that's the only one I didn't want.

That's great to hear! Do you have an ETA on Amsterdam? I would definitely have to pick that one up, India and Hong Kong seem like great additions as well!

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com

@jamuja said:
    Lets see if it stays up in a month.

We are online since the january :). 6 months.

• titustitus Member
    edited June 2020

I have the same problem :/ The verification email doesn't receive.

Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: connect from smtp-relay.hostvds.com[193.187.172.24]
    Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: warning: connect to Milter service inet:localhost:54321: Connection refused
    Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp-relay.hostvds.com[193.187.172.24]: 504 5.5.2 : Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname; from=support@hostvds.com to=XXX
    Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: disconnect from smtp-relay.hostvds.com[193.187.172.24]

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com

@jamespeach said:

@HostVDS_com said:

@jamespeach said:

@dedipromo said:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

|                      |

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 468
    Multi Core      | 473

That's great to hear! Do you have an ETA on Amsterdam? I would definitely have to pick that one up, India and Hong Kong seem like great additions as well!

What you mean "ETA"?

@titus said:
    I have the same problem :/ The verification email doesn't receive.

Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: connect from smtp-relay.hostvds.com[193.187.172.24]
    Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: warning: connect to Milter service inet:localhost:54321: Connection refused
    Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from smtp-relay.hostvds.com[193.187.172.24]: 504 5.5.2 : Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname; from=support@hostvds.com to=XXX
    Jun 28 21:16:37 XXX postfix/smtpd[21799]: disconnect from smtp-relay.hostvds.com[193.187.172.24]

Working on it.

Thanked by 1titus

You can PM your email and I will activate account manually.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@HostVDS_com said:

@jamespeach said:

@HostVDS_com said:

@jamespeach said:

@dedipromo said:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

|                      |

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 468
    Multi Core      | 473

What you mean "ETA"?

ETA = estimated time of arrival

In this case he is asking when your other location will available so he can make order a vds on that location

Thanked by 1HostVDS_com
    edited June 2020

@ViridWeb said:

@HostVDS_com said:

@jamespeach said:

@HostVDS_com said:

@jamespeach said:

@dedipromo said:

curl -sL yabs.sh | bash

|                      |

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 468
    Multi Core      | 473

What you mean "ETA"?

ETA = estimated time of arrival

In this case he is asking when your other location will available so he can make order a vds on that location

Around 1-2 months I hope for Dallas and Amsterdam.

Thanked by 1jamespeach

@Hayashima said:
    Ruvds started from mid 2019.

What you mean?