Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to buy kvm vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to buy kvm vps

shahriarshahriar Member

I want to buy a kvm vps with
4core
4gb ram
Min. 300gb SSD
1ipv4
USA location
Budget around 10$

Comments

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

Hey

This is the best I can do as your storage needs are difficult to meet. We use NVMe in your servers rather than SSD:

VPS 3
    4GB RAM
    4x vCPU
    100GB NVMe Storage
    FREE 300GB Backup Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Fast 1 Gbps Uplink
    IPv4 & IPv6
    US, Chicago
    £10pm/$12.46pm

Order here
    Send us a PM or raise a ticket into sales once you've ordered and we'll boost the storage up to 150 GB for you.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

If @seriesn has soemthing, go with nexus

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @HostSlick said:
    If @seriesn has soemthing, go with nexus

Dang it. I was going to tag you instead. Been seeing some insanely slick deals from you guys.

As much as I would love to offer something custom. OP's budget and requirements are quite hard to match :(

• Have a look at Contabo as they are one of the very few providers who offer those specs within your budget. Last time I had a VPS with them was when they were known as Giga International so I suggest going through some recent reviews before signing up.

• hohlhohl Member

Well, but Contabo doesn‘t provide 300GB SSDs either. They sell HDD storage with a shared SSD cache, as far as I am aware of?

• hohlhohl Member
    edited June 2020

If you get a good deal, 1TB enterprise SAS SSDs would be around 300€, but usually you would only use them with RAID 10, so you would always need two of them. They might keep 3-5 years under 24/7 usage, but so you could say the price per GB per month is about: 1TB/2/300€/36months = 1,6ct/GB/mo — Some large players, such as Hetzner, of course might be able to get a better deal, but still.

Thus, the storage alone for such a 300GB SSD-VM would cost the provider about 5€/month. But, thats just the SSD storage, no other hardware cost, no network, no power and no support cost included yet. Plus, in case of node failure you better keep at least a daily backup off-site, which will cost the provider quite something too for 300GB.

So, I don‘t think there will be any provider which will be capable of (profitably) sell you a 300GB SSD-based VM for 10$~8,86€.

• Somewhere like contabo is probably your best bet. They do sell a ful SSD as well as SSD cached range.

Thanked by 1hohl
  • @hohl said:
    Well, but Contabo doesn‘t provide 300GB SSDs either. They sell HDD storage with a shared SSD cache, as far as I am aware of?

Contabo offer SSD cached as well as pure SSD VPS. It seems Contabo's VPS M SSD might be the most suitable package for OP

Thanked by 1hohl
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@hohl said:

They've offered pure SSD VPS for years now.

Thanked by 1hohl
  • hohlhohl Member

Okay, sorry. Wasn‘t aware of that: they indeed to have pure-SSD systems now.

Now I‘d be interested: any Contabo users here, which could share a benchmark of their VPSes? Something like bench.sh would be enough. Just curios, how they can afford to deliver 200GB SSD-backed VPSes for 4,99€/month.

• @hohl said:
    Okay, sorry. Wasn‘t aware of that: they indeed to have pure-SSD systems now.

Now I‘d be interested: any Contabo users here, which could share a benchmark of their VPSes? Something like bench.sh would be enough. Just curios, how they can afford to deliver 200GB SSD-backed VPSes for 4,99€/month.

Probably overselling plus running oakleys investment dry before an inevitable price increase in line with all of Oakleys other investments after a year to 18 months. They only invested in October last year, give it time.

Thanked by 1hohl
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

@shahriar said: I want to buy a kvm vps with
    4core
    4gb ram
    Min. 300gb SSD
    1ipv4
    USA location
    Budget around 10$

Make it 15 and we'll do it for you.

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep