Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Server NL / DE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Server NL / DE

Hey all,

We are looking for a dedicated server in the Netherlands.

We will use our dedicated server to give more power to our webhosting clients.
We use Plesk.

What kind of dedicated server would you advice? We need a fast and new CPU, 1gbit uplink, storage 1TB / NVMe or SSD.

Network needs to be connected to some big IX in the Netherlands.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We (AS62240) are connected to AMS-IX and DEC-IX if suitable?

Xeon E-2276G's, 2.5Gbps+ NIC's and NVMe storage available in both locations.

We have our sale servers available here alongside our custom servers available on our main site.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    Thanked by 1Zare
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Thanks for mention!

We are on AMS-IX and NL-IX.

Pop me an email on [email protected] and I’ll sort a quote for you.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • TejyTejy Member

Scaleway in AMS is a pretty good option in NL!
    https://www.scaleway.com/en/dedibox/start/start-3-l

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

+1 for @Clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Mr_Tom said:
    +1 for @Clouvider

Thanks for the kind words Tom! :)

• kp93kp93 Member

@LiteServer They are awesome too ,

Managed dedis with DA !

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • I would say Clouvider as well, good value for money and a lightning fast network.

Only minor downside I can think of is that they’re not connected to NL-IX and as such don’t peer with a number of Dutch providers. This is however only an issue if your target audience is in NL.

• sallysally Member

There's also vserver.site out of Frankfurt...

edited June 2020

@debaser said:
    I would say Clouvider as well, good value for money and a lightning fast network.

Only minor downside I can think of is that they’re not connected to NL-IX and as such don’t peer with a number of Dutch providers. This is however only an issue if your target audience is in NL.

We’re with AMS-IX though; distributed nature of NL-IX (peers in NL might actually often be elsewhere) + slow responses of their own NOC to major incidents are making this IX a no go for us sadly.

• @debaser said:
    I would say Clouvider as well, good value for money and a lightning fast network.

Hmmm as far as i know only KPN uses NL-IX as only peer. So i don't mind if it needs te be routed through something else. Major clients of us have a business internet line, that is connected to AMS-IX.

• @Clouvider said:
    distributed nature of NL-IX (peers in NL might actually often be elsewhere)

This is by design of course, they’re more of a European IX than a Dutch one. As an end-user I regard this as something positive because my provider (access or hosting) could peer with providers in the UK, DE, BE, etc without having any presence there. I could see there are some complications when you operate a multi-homed network and would like to keep countries separated on your upstream.

@michaelnl2020 said:
    Hmmm as far as i know only KPN uses NL-IX as only peer. So i don't mind if it needs te be routed through something else. Major clients of us have a business internet line, that is connected to AMS-IX.

KPN and all of their subsidiaries (minus XS4ALL but they’ll follow soon) and a lot of smaller independent providers. This adds up to >3 million customers. However, I don’t see it as a real problem. VodafoneZiggo doesn’t peer with anyone so this’ll be the same effectively.Transit will do the job just fine as Clouvider has a good selection of transit providers in NL. For instance: KPN seems to be routed through GTT, which is logical as KPN International was acquired by GTT. VodafoneZiggo is routed through Telia.

So you’re good with Clouvider. I know I’d pick them.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Hey @michaelnl2020,

We have (via our BGP providers) access to Dutch internet exchanges:

• NL-IX
    • AMS-IX
    • LS-IX (Layer Switch IX)

All Dutch ISPs (such as Vodafone, Ziggo, KPN, XS4ALL) have peering with RETN, one of our upstream providers. The latency between our servers and Vodafone/Ziggo is ± 2.0 ms.

We can provide you this powerful AMD Ryzen dedicated server:

Compute Ryzen 7
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (8c/16t @ 3.6 GHz)
    Passmark score: 22704
    RAM: 64 GB DDR4
    Storage: 960 GB NVMe
    Uplink: 1 Gbps
    Traffic: 50 TB

€ 70.00 per month
    Setup: FREE

You can order your dedicated server here.

Our servers are hosted in Amsterdam, Netherlands. We have our own network (AS62068) with multi-homed BGP connections. We use our own hardware, fiber connections, routers and IP addresses. If you have any questions, please contact us.