Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A dedicated server with 200Mbps port in Singapore?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A dedicated server with 200Mbps port in Singapore?

yowmamasitayowmamasita Member
edited June 2020 in General

Looking to host several client sites, they're spread around the world at the moment across different low end boxes (about 20+ of them). Currently monthly traffic in total for all these sites are 45-50 TB.

I am totalling paying around ~$80/month with the different annual plans, etc. I want to spend less if possible, also will take away headache of troubleshooting different boxes.

Hope someone can point me to the right direction.

I've tried OVH VPS in SG (unmetered but throttled to 10Mbps if BW exceeds 5TB?)
and Digital VM (not unmetered contradicting their sales page)

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Bandwidth price in Asia is very high compare to EU and USA

So it's very difficult to find unmetered server even if you pay $80

• Whats your realistic bandwidth usage, because 200Mbps and 50TB don’t quite match up.

OVH is probably the realistic option on a budget, $80 per month for the kind of bandwidth you want in that region simply isn’t going to get you what you’re looking for. Stick to the cheaper locations.

• @ViridWeb said: So it's very difficult to find unmetered server even if you pay $80

I guess same even with VPS options?

@WSCallum said: 200Mbps and 50TB don’t quite match up

The 200Mbps is based on burst, but the average bandwidth on 1 box is like 5-10Mbps.

• OVH DO32 APAC with unlimited bandwidth upgrade? 116 USD IIRC.

• Try readyserver or indovirtue (they have 10TB @ 1Gbps)

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited June 2020

Closest thing you'll find is probably https://indovirtue.com/dedicated-server ($55 for unmetered 100mbps)

This is single homed HE, so the network quality isn't great.

• @kuroneko23 said: OVH DO32 APAC with unlimited bandwidth upgrade? 116 USD IIRC.

Looks like there isn't one available in SG right now

@mrclown said: Try readyserver or indovirtue (they have 10TB @ 1Gbps)

Looks good but the offers from readyserver all had old hardware.

• Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 Processor
    • 8GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz RAM
    • 1 x 500GB SSD
    • 5 Static IP Address
    • Unmetered 100Mbps Connection
    • IPMI Remote Management
    • Self Managed Server

For $69.30 USD Monthly

Checking indovirtue

@ehhthing said: This is single homed HE, so the network quality isn't great.

Hops showed Equinix which is quite reputable.. I might think they actually resell from RansomIT. Why do you think they're not great?

• @yowmamasita said:

Shown as available in from my phone :/

Thanked by 1yowmamasita
  • @yowmamasita said:

@kuroneko23 said: OVH DO32 APAC with unlimited bandwidth upgrade? 116 USD IIRC.

@mrclown said: Try readyserver or indovirtue (they have 10TB @ 1Gbps)

Looks good but the offers from readyserver all had old hardware.

• Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 Processor
    • 8GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz RAM
    • 1 x 500GB SSD
    • 5 Static IP Address
    • Unmetered 100Mbps Connection
    • IPMI Remote Management
    • Self Managed Server

For $69.30 USD Monthly

Checking indovirtue

@ehhthing said: This is single homed HE, so the network quality isn't great.

Hops showed Equinix which is quite reputable.. I might think they actually resell from RansomIT. Why do you think they're not great?

They seem to have changed providers, or their looking glass is not accurate.

They explicitly say "HE" when you go to order the server, so I'm not quite sure what's going on

• zenkizenki Member

OVH or Leaseweb are best for SG

• @kuroneko23 said: OVH DO32 APAC with unlimited bandwidth upgrade? 116 USD IIRC.

Went with this as suggested. Solid performance. Latency is ~6ms. What a refreshing experience.

Thanked by 1kuroneko23
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

OVH are really the only guys with bandwidth in that price. I'm sure they move enough to make peering work for them but still they must have a whole lot of people not using their allocations to make that pricing work.

• @SplitIce said:
    OVH are really the only guys with bandwidth in that price. I'm sure they move enough to make peering work for them but still they must have a whole lot of people not using their allocations to make that pricing work.

lots of review available there speed is not as they claim.