Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you wear a mask for COVID-19?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you wear a mask for COVID-19?

dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

There's a lot of people out there who have underlying health conditions (or those who are perfectly healthy) that believe masks are a necessity at all times when in public.

Then there's those who don't believe that masks are necessary at all.

Curious to know, what is your operating basis when it comes to dealing with the spread of COVID-19? Vote in the poll below!

COVID-19 Mask
  1. Do you wear a mask for COVID-19?163 votes
    1. Yes - I believe mask are a necessity
      73.62%
    2. No - I don't believe mask are a necessity
      14.72%
    3. Meh - Just depends how I'm feeling that day
      11.66%

Comments

• Not wearing a mask equals showing people the middle finger, in my opinion.
    Yes, everyone is free to do as they please, but if its scientifically proven to lower chances of getting sick for you AND for everyone around you - its a no brainier.

Also - wearing a mask when jogging/driving is stupid.

My 2.5c

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

what's covid-19?

• HERD IMMUNITY!

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I do at all times and have grown frustrated with people who don't. Even if you don't believe in it (science almost universally agrees they are helpful) it's simply courteous to those around you to wear a mask.

Thanked by 3truweb hostdare Dylan
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2020

Yes. Use commonsense. Not even sure why you would be motivated to ask this.

Do you wear a condom for sex with hookers? If so, you should also wear a mask for Covid 19. Otherwise, you probably aren't intelligent enough to care about your self / others health and well-being anyways and we can let Darwin take care of those people.

my 2 cents.

Cheers.

• RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited June 2020

When in Rome do as the Romans do.

It depends where I'm at...

• Dearest All,

This is the first of me hearing about COVID-19, deary me the world is scarier every day. I will buy many masks from the store. I thought there was a fashion trend that I wasn't aware of.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • I wear masks inside of buildings / densely crowded places. Wearing masks at parks / walking or running / driving is un-needed, in my opinion.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

I do all time when go out side of home.

• visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep

Yea i wear mask

• I do wear mask while going out. Also it's noted that headache usually comes on days which I wore mask for prolonged period. Means less supply of oxygen created such headache.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited June 2020

Yes - I believe mask are a cool because legal disguise is finally possible. keeping the maximum distance seems safer to me than wearing a mask but but disguise is good.

• cociucociu Member

the mask is the proof of respect each others.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • masks are necessary

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Absolutely, but only when riding a bus or entering a store etc. It's no use wearing masks while just walking the streets in open air.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • TicagaTicaga Member

No, never at work and never out. I do have a shower and wash my clothes after being around at work or in places I see a lot of people.

My dad had to wear one just to go into the doctors but that was the only time he used one as he's self isolating.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yes, the facts are clear and not wearing one is selfish and foolish.

I always wear a KN95 mask in public places, except during the night when streets are empty.

A related question would be how is mask ability in different parts of the world, specially good quality masks. For example, in Europe we have very little and expensive FFP2 stock, with the most popular masks in Spain being hygienic (worse than surgical) and lots of dubious quality KN95 imports. Thankfully it is possible to import reliable and cheap masks from China, so that's what I have been doing for me and my family.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2020

No, the only exception would be, if I am are forced aka going into a store.

The reason behind this is, that these "community mask's" according to lies and statistics won't do shit.

The statistics, say, that only small droplets if you are infected and could spread it, will stay in the air and since they are such small in size, they can easily go through the "mask".

Which does render these community masks completely useless and you could have spend your money on a hooker and it would be better invested.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • xaocxaoc Member

No point as the masks i can get here are useless against SARS‐CoV‐2 and they are very expensive.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2020

@Neoon said: , they can easily go through the "mask".

Can go through, or can land on the surface of the mask. Even if 50/50 chance, why not get some odds in your favor, that it will be captured. Rather than going without and having 100% of everything land into your nose or mouth. It's not expensive either, like $7 for 50pcs, $12 for 100 on Aliexpress by now. And even if not gonna die from coronavirus, it sure would suck being sick for 2 weeks or so from it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • We wear masks as often as possible out of respect for others.

There has been a lot of backlash here about wearing masks though...people just don't get it....including my father...sigh...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • muffinmuffin Member
    edited June 2020

@anycastbgp said:
    We wear masks as often as possible out of respect for others.

There has been a lot of backlash here about wearing masks though...people just don't get it....including my father...sigh...

Same, even if they are just for decorations, I wear them to make others feel at ease.

• Almost no one wears a mask in my city.
    I don't wear one.

While there were more infected, we had curfews - and at those times I wore a mask in all the closed public spaces - primarily to protect the others from myself.

Nowadays the number of infected is low enough for the hospitals to handle.
    And I suppose, until there is a vaccine (if ever), everyone of us will get the virus sooner, or later.

• I voted Meh!

I don't think they are much use, but I do wear one when there are people around. Just because many believe they do work, and there is no harm wearing one (I know some conspiracy site tell you the opposite, but I don't buy that BS). Some people get uneasy when they see somebody without mask, and I believe they should be respected.

I don't wear one when I am on the green trails out with the mountain bike. But most hikers/riders/dog walkers don't wear them there.

Well, I basically believe they are not much use, but there is some doubt in my believe. In places where masks are common, Hong Kong (>95% wearing them) for example, the infection rate is rather low. Just consider that Hong Kong in terms of population and density is very close to New York, and we know how bad it's there.

So even as non-deep-believer I use one happily.

• EHRAEHRA Member

Yes, I use it whenever I leave the house.

• yes, if i leave home

• RedSoxRedSox Member

Since the beginning of March, there are only 600 infected in my region. Therefore no one wears a mask. If I wear a mask people would look at me like the black sheep. There was a period from March to June 1, when approximately 60-80% of people wore masks.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2020

I wear a mask from the beginning of quarantine. Since March. The mask had no effect on my life. I am now like a real anonymous person.

At the current moment in the summer, in general masks are worn by people of 5% percent somewhere. It will be funny if there are repetitions of spring 2020 to autumn 2020.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • mikeimikei Member

Never worn yet. Also, I'm not a Costco member. Also, 2m distance is totally normal to me.