Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Password Manager - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Password Manager

2»

Comments

• @sonic said:

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

@poisson said:
    KeepassXC is free. It generates a local encrypted DB file, so just sync with any of your cloud syncing services and you can open it from anywhere. There are browser plugins to interface with KeepassXC for autofill, and there are also Android apps that can do the same. I prefer this solution because I can keep many copies of the database in different devices and I am not afraid of losing them all.

Is KeepassXC safe? I just installed it today and it looks promise!

Open source. Just enable browser integration and keep the kdbx file synced to your Google Drive or similar and you won't lose your passwords.

So sad, Safari browser isnt supported.

I am not a fan of Apple. :smile:

• @sonic said:

@Iroshan464 said:
    @sonic
    I have not used keepass.
    I used lastpass for more than 10 years. Free version is very very good. Only recently I got to know about bitwarden and tried it. For me, bitwarden performs better in mobile than LastPass, hence the reason for switching, as I use mobile most of the time, rather than pc.
    I am from Sri Lanka and my bitwarden instance is on Digitalocean droplet in India. So minimal delay.

May be I'll try out keepass to and see. 🙂

I've just tried KeePassXS as @poisson mentioned above and it looks promise. You dont have to maintain a VPS for running it. Just keep db files on your local or sync to cloud like dropbox, google drive to use anywhere.

Exactly. You can just use KeepassXC with any of your existing cloud syncing solutions. If you really want to go the old-school way and store a copy of the DB file in your Gmail by emailing yourself with the DB file as an attachment, it works too. No need to maintain a VPS or give away more personal information to another provider for providing this service.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@TheKiller said:

@LittleCreek said:
    I haven't tried any of the others but what I really liked about lastpass is that even they do not know your passwords or your master password. So the passwords are very secure. I haven't had any problems with it on Android devices.

Are you sure they can't access your lastpass wallet?

They say that if we lose our master password that there is nothing they can do to help us. Maybe that has changed recently with LogMein buying them. But that is why I signed up with them.

• @spun said:
    Sticky Password works great for me as an all-around password manager. For teams they have a deal on StackSocial $30 for 3 year license for up to 5 users or you can get lifetime 1 user licenses at $20 and then just keep buying the deal for the amount of users that you need.

they took this money and never update their apps, it stuck on windows xp gui, they promise linux support for about 5 years ago, but still no sign of it.

• @Bardulf said:

@spun said:
    Sticky Password works great for me as an all-around password manager. For teams they have a deal on StackSocial $30 for 3 year license for up to 5 users or you can get lifetime 1 user licenses at $20 and then just keep buying the deal for the amount of users that you need.

they took this money and never update their apps, it stuck on windows xp gui, they promise linux support for about 5 years ago, but still no sign of it.

I asked them not that long ago:

I´m sorry, unfortunately at this time Sticky Password doesn´t support Linux and support for this operating system is not in our nearest plans.

• @LittleCreek said:

@TheKiller said:

@LittleCreek said:
    I haven't tried any of the others but what I really liked about lastpass is that even they do not know your passwords or your master password. So the passwords are very secure. I haven't had any problems with it on Android devices.

Are you sure they can't access your lastpass wallet?

They say that if we lose our master password that there is nothing they can do to help us. Maybe that has changed recently with LogMein buying them. But that is why I signed up with them.

Wait, you want to give your money to LogMeIn willingly?

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:
    Wait, you want to give your money to LogMeIn willingly?

I gave it to LastPass. What they do with their money is their business.

• LastPass for me. Works great. Easily share and update details.

• spunspun Member

@Bardulf said:

@spun said:

It might not be the prettiest password manager but it works for me on Windows and Android, which are the devices I need it to work on. They both get updated.