Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me a best compute vps provider for wedding live streaming platform?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me a best compute vps provider for wedding live streaming platform?

LordCommanderLordCommander Member
edited June 2020 in Help

We decided to develop a wedding live streaming platform

For that we need a vps with compute cpu and unlimited transfer and 1 Gbps bandwidth

I need 32 GB RAM with 8 cores and server must located in Singapore or India

Budget is $150

My priorities are the provider must have good customer support and good quality of service

Lot of providers having bad reviews in hosting reviews sites

So please suggest me one

(If possible also suggest a GPU instance provider)

Comments

• Unlimited transfer out of APAC region isn't going to be cheap. But take a look into Digital Ocean. Once you are done streaming, simply power off your server :)

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Why would video streaming require so much hardware?

• @AC_Fan said:

For realtime encoding???

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@LordCommander said:

@AC_Fan said:

For realtime encoding???

That requires CPU, where's the 32GB RAM requirement coming from? If you disregard that, Digital-VM might be something to consider. M247 reseller, has SGP location.

• @AC_Fan said:

@LordCommander said:

@AC_Fan said:

For realtime encoding???

That requires CPU, where's the 32GB RAM requirement coming from? If you disregard that, Digital-VM might be something to consider. M247 reseller, has SGP location.

I think more ram needed when lot of videos queued or encoding in parallel..?

Explain the last line .. (if you disregard........ SGP location)

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@LordCommander said:

@AC_Fan said:

@LordCommander said:

@AC_Fan said:

For realtime encoding???

If you ignore the 32GB RAM requirement, Digital-VM offers a 8core/8gb VPS on 10Gbit unmetered, shared port on M247 network at 54 dollars in Singapore.

• If you're going to be doing constant video encoding you might get booted for FUP. Read it carefully (or get a dedi)

• Why not trying Vimeo instead of vps setup

• @Intelpentium0 said:
    Why not trying Vimeo instead of vps setup

No mobile support

• @LordCommander said:

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Why not trying Vimeo instead of vps setup

No mobile SDK support

• wait... transcoding only happens on endpoint, right? and this machine only re-stream your live session.

• @seriesn said:
    Unlimited transfer out of APAC region isn't going to be cheap. But take a look into Digital Ocean. Once you are done streaming, simply power off your server :)

Digital ocean still charged for turned off vm.

• datadiskdatadisk Member
    edited June 2020

With live streaming and bandwidth it depends on bitrate multiplied by concurrently connected clients, also you'd have to assume that every client would be connected throughout the whole broadcast.

If you use HLS, you can easily reach APAC even from a european location, again it's good to check peering but it is definitely possible, for example a dedicated server from WorldStream would work well.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Sorry if not directly related to question:

Assuming setup is NGINX-RTMP, you know... when you setup your OBS studio or FMLE right, you don't need much CPU/RAM on your server. You just need bandwidth. I do livestream eating just 1% CPU and minimal ram.

This is assuming you have control on how is OBS Studio is configured.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Number of connected users also does not impact anything... except network/bandwidth.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

Have you looked at Cloudflare's streaming platform? It has an API allowing to use your own video player.

• @CConner said:
    Have you looked at Cloudflare's streaming platform? It has an API allowing to use your own video player.

Does it support realtime live streaming?

• @AC_Fan said:

@LordCommander said:

@AC_Fan said:

@LordCommander said:

@AC_Fan said:

For realtime encoding???

If you ignore the 32GB RAM requirement, Digital-VM offers a 8core/8gb VPS on 10Gbit unmetered, shared port on M247 network at 54 dollars in Singapore.

They don't. They capped it at 2TB when you get your server