Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Password Manager
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Password Manager

SlmanSlman Member

Hello!

What do you use as "teams" to manage your passwords? (WHMCS, CPanel, other servers)

ยซ1

Comments

• I used to work at a place that used a spreadsheet.

So don't do that lmao.

• Witten on the toilet door with black marker.

• i use bitwarden

• somiksomik Member

Share via WhatsApp or other messaging app.

Don't do that either. Get a proper password manager.

• spunspun Member
    edited June 2020

Sticky Password works great for me as an all-around password manager. For teams they have a deal on StackSocial $30 for 3 year license for up to 5 users or you can get lifetime 1 user licenses at $20 and then just keep buying the deal for the amount of users that you need.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I use LastPass. I think its $24/year and can be used with all of your devices for that price.

Thanked by 1doughnet
  • Self hosted bitwarden_rs with sqlite. ๐Ÿ‘

• RedSoxRedSox Member

KeePassXC is prem

Thanked by 2poisson Europetrader
  • @Iroshan464 said:
    Self hosted bitwarden_rs with sqlite. ๐Ÿ‘

Same. Best solution IMO because the apps are definitely best class among open source solutions

• @spun said:
    Sticky Password works great for me as an all-around password manager.

Works great for me to. Handy to be able to add a few notes that get encrypted. I let it store my data online. I bought a 5 user lifetime via stacksocial.

• KeepassXC is free. It generates a local encrypted DB file, so just sync with any of your cloud syncing services and you can open it from anywhere. There are browser plugins to interface with KeepassXC for autofill, and there are also Android apps that can do the same. I prefer this solution because I can keep many copies of the database in different devices and I am not afraid of losing them all.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@poisson said:
    KeepassXC is free. It generates a local encrypted DB file, so just sync with any of your cloud syncing services and you can open it from anywhere. There are browser plugins to interface with KeepassXC for autofill, and there are also Android apps that can do the same. I prefer this solution because I can keep many copies of the database in different devices and I am not afraid of losing them all.

Is KeepassXC safe? I just installed it today and it looks promise!

• @sonic said:

@poisson said:
    KeepassXC is free. It generates a local encrypted DB file, so just sync with any of your cloud syncing services and you can open it from anywhere. There are browser plugins to interface with KeepassXC for autofill, and there are also Android apps that can do the same. I prefer this solution because I can keep many copies of the database in different devices and I am not afraid of losing them all.

Open source. Just enable browser integration and keep the kdbx file synced to your Google Drive or similar and you won't lose your passwords.

Thanked by 2sonic RedSox
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@poisson said:

@sonic said:

@poisson said:

Open source. Just enable browser integration and keep the kdbx file synced to your Google Drive or similar and you won't lose your passwords.

So sad, Safari browser isnt supported.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Iroshan464 said:
    Self hosted bitwarden_rs with sqlite. ๐Ÿ‘

Is it here https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs

or here https://github.com/mprasil/bitwarden_rs?

• Iroshan464Iroshan464 Member
    edited June 2020

I use Dani Garcia version.
    Not sure about the difference. But I was able to compile from source following Danis guide. Without docker.
    @sonic

• SlmanSlman Member

I have installed Bitwarden, Dani Garcia version, it works perfectly.

• Bitwarden, the premium edition is really solid and worth the 10 USD a year it costs.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • OujiOuji Member

mprasil is not being updated for a while. I used to use it, but Dani's has a better community adoption and support.

• @LittleCreek said:
    I use LastPass. I think its $24/year and can be used with all of your devices for that price.

Free supports multi-device as well.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Iroshan464 said:
    I use Dani Garcia version.
    Not sure about the difference. But I was able to compile from source following Danis guide. Without docker.
    @sonic

Could you please link me to tutorial to install/configure it without docker?
    BTW, this is the 1st I've heard about this (bitwarden_rs), why do you need install it on server? Why not just install Bitwarden client on your PC? For sync thing?

• DylanDylan Member

For multiple users you should really be using something that's made for teams with separate individual logins. Sharing one database over Google Drive or one login to a single-user password manager is asking for trouble.

LastPass Teams and 1Password Teams are both great and cost $4/mo per user. BitWarden Teams is less polished, but cheaper ($5/mo for 5 users and $2/mo for anyone extra) and you can self-host if that's your thing.

• @sonic
    Original bit warden uses Microsoft SQL and needs 2gb server to run.
    Bitwarden rs is written with rust and can run even on 256mb ram. Uses less than 20mb RAM is the service. ๐Ÿค 
    Installing it on own server let you use premium features and have your own sql backups. And fun. ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Here is are the links I followed to compile it.
    https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs/wiki/Building-binary

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitwarden/comments/dg78bi/building_selfhosted_bitwarden_via_bitwarden_rs/

Did it for fun. ๐Ÿ‘ Just let you know I compiled in a 1gb nexusbytes vps. So was very quick.

• @LittleCreek said:

There is a free version which is as good as as the paid version. Premium paid version has some additional features.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Iroshan464 said:
    @sonic
    Original bit warden uses Microsoft SQL and needs 2gb server to run.
    Bitwarden rs is written with rust and can run even on 256mb ram. Uses less than 20mb RAM is the service. ๐Ÿค 
    Installing it on own server let you use premium features and have your own sql backups. And fun. ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Here is are the links I followed to compile it.
    https://github.com/dani-garcia/bitwarden_rs/wiki/Building-binary

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitwarden/comments/dg78bi/building_selfhosted_bitwarden_via_bitwarden_rs/

Did it for fun. ๐Ÿ‘ Just let you know I compiled in a 1gb nexusbytes vps. So was very quick.

I see that install via Cloudron seems much easier for me, just one click!
    But I dont see any benefit than using KeePassXC.

• @sonic
    I have not used keepass.
    I used lastpass for more than 10 years. Free version is very very good. Only recently I got to know about bitwarden and tried it. For me, bitwarden performs better in mobile than LastPass, hence the reason for switching, as I use mobile most of the time, rather than pc.
    I am from Sri Lanka and my bitwarden instance is on Digitalocean droplet in India. So minimal delay.

May be I'll try out keepass to and see. ๐Ÿ™‚

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Iroshan464 said:
    @sonic
    I have not used keepass.
    I used lastpass for more than 10 years. Free version is very very good. Only recently I got to know about bitwarden and tried it. For me, bitwarden performs better in mobile than LastPass, hence the reason for switching, as I use mobile most of the time, rather than pc.
    I am from Sri Lanka and my bitwarden instance is on Digitalocean droplet in India. So minimal delay.

May be I'll try out keepass to and see. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've just tried KeePassXS as @poisson mentioned above and it looks promise. You dont have to maintain a VPS for running it. Just keep db files on your local or sync to cloud like dropbox, google drive to use anywhere.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I haven't tried any of the others but what I really liked about lastpass is that even they do not know your passwords or your master password. So the passwords are very secure. I haven't had any problems with it on Android devices.

• TejyTejy Member

Bitwarden.

• @LittleCreek said:
    I haven't tried any of the others but what I really liked about lastpass is that even they do not know your passwords or your master password. So the passwords are very secure. I haven't had any problems with it on Android devices.

Are you sure they can't access your lastpass wallet?