Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cyberpanel / directadmin - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cyberpanel / directadmin

2»

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    Personally speaking, asking for "price protection" is a senseless thing.

Everything goes up in price. Just compare your bills from few years ago with today's. Ask your wife about grocery bills. She will say it's been going up.

Yep. It's not possible to stick with same price forever.
    I'm just saying what I have read from their pricing plans.

Hope this is true what we saw on the pricing.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@ViridWeb said: Hope you are not blind or I'm not wrong. Check their plans they cleary saying "Protection against price increases"

anyone can state on any websites the "Protection against price increases" but it doesn't mean anything nowadays.

Example: Under UK law the travel companies who are failing to fulfil their part of contract need to provide customers with refund within 14 days, but the holidays companies are trying to avoid any cash refund due to coronavirus and they short of cash, next year it will be other excuse like flue 2021, year after some other BS.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Wat, are we supposed to believe that a web host is #1 in the world if their website says so?

• We consider subscriptions locked-in. There's some customers who have had the same subscription going for over 15 years now. Of course, that's not the same as guaranteeing 15 years from now they can get more licenses for that same price. People who used to buy lifetime licenses cannot get more lifetime licenses now, for example.

But it is also fair to say that protection against price increases has limited value. Let's say inflation was so bad that $15/month is now worthless. Sure you have "protection against price increases" but our licenses are no-strings-attached (anyone can cancel at any time; nobody is indebted for life). We'd be forced to cancel it and say we can't afford to have you as a customer any more.

Ultimately, it comes down to choosing who you want to do business with. We've always been more than fair and probably have the best track-record of price stability out of anyone. There's plenty of DA criticism out there but you won't see much relating to greed and opportunistic tactics.

Thanked by 1bula
  • Both are great panels. I just want to get that in there straight away.

I am an active support / dev member of cyberpanel and its not a one-man band at all. There are currently 3 team members with contributors and support is provided through tickets, forum, discord and facebook.

Cyberpanel is of course the new kid on the block. As such will lack features! Its pretty difficult to think of everything at once so its a work in progress. For example, 2.0.2-dev branch has google drive backups done at the request of the many.

It does not limit the number of domains you can host. That is only a restriction for litespeed enterprise licensing as it is with any other panel that you can install litespeed enterprise.

It is a litespeed project. But opensource so developed by the main dev plus contributors and volunteers just like myself for example. I am not a litespeed employee.

• One thing that direct admin doesn't have. DOCKER MANAGER. Which mean you get to manage your website along with docker container from one place.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

DirectAdmin also doesn't open my beer for me.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • HosthinkHosthink Member, Host Rep

Directadmin is better. Cyberpanel needs a year or two to catch up with the Directadmin.