Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best/Worst Hourly VPS Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best/Worst Hourly VPS Provider

nbnnbn Member
edited June 2020 in Providers

What is your guys best go-to hourly VPS provider? Which ones should be avoided?

The GOOD: In my experiences, vultr.com blows most hourly providers out of the water. Lunanode and Kamatera are both pretty good too.

The BAD: I've had pretty rough experiences with cloudcone.com hourly vps being underpowered and subject to noisy-neighbors.

Which ones am I missing, good and bad (and the ugly?)?

Comments

• Haven't touched the ugly. But the good would be RamNode and IntoVPS.

Both use Fleio Openstack, both great providers.

• vovlervovler Member

UpCloud has been gaining some ground lately cause their CPU are a bit faster or something.
    Linode is known for having a great network.

Thanked by 1nbn
  • nbnnbn Member

@vovler said:
    UpCloud has been gaining some ground lately cause their CPU are a bit faster or something.

They use latest intel chips. . . I've had better speeds in general with ryzen. Are any of the latest intel close to ryzen vps?

• I have used only one. VMHaus and it was good.
    Easy to use and fast.

• imokimok Member

Vultr means power for me. They are really good.

Lunanode is great too, but I've experienced 2 or 3 small downtimes in Toronto in the last month (or months? I'm not sure about the time, lockdown things). I don't put any resource intensive there.

I used Cloudcone in the past. Meh. Are they "cloud" now?

Thanked by 1nbn
  • @nbn said: cloudcone.com

I have an instance from a special with them and pretty happy so far (15+ months).

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • nbnnbn Member
    edited June 2020

@jetchirag said:

@nbn said: cloudcone.com

I have an instance from a special with them and pretty happy so far (15+ months).

I've found them to be meh at best unless what you are running on the VPS is very lite. They're cheap and it shows.

• Tagging @Cloudcone

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@SmallWeb said: Haven't touched the ugly. But the good would be RamNode and IntoVPS.

Both use Fleio Openstack, both great providers.

Thank you!

Thanked by 2MichaelCee doughnet
  • linode vultr

• Linode - Great Network and all the servers I've used and still use are EPYC, so nice boost.
    • Vultr High Frequency is pretty good, only bad side they are not transparent enough when they have issues, is like they have a status page for nothing!
    • DigitalOcean great stability, but network lacks when compared to Linode.
    • UpCloud, pretty good support and network. CPU was (Haven't used them in like 5 months) faster than DO but slower than Vultr HF
    Thanked by 2doughnet nbn
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@nbn said:
    What is your guys best go-to hourly VPS provider? Which ones should be avoided?

The GOOD: In my experiences, vultr.com blows most hourly providers out of the water. Lunanode and Kamatera are both pretty good too.

The BAD: I've had pretty rough experiences with cloudcone.com hourly vps being underpowered and subject to noisy-neighbors.

Which ones am I missing, good and bad (and the ugly?)?

If you're having issues, We'd be happy to hot migrate your VM to a Hypervisor that can fit your specific resource requirements and also check it up for you.

If you have a ticket ID, let me know and I'd be more than happy to get it done for you :smile:

• Lots of VPS providers companies available on the Web.

Thanked by 1uni9
  • I'm absolutely in love with the stability of BinaryLane and LunaNode. I don't recall any bad experiences, and whenever I've needed to spin something up and kill it x hours later, they've both been rock solid and reliable.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@nbn said: What is your guys best go-to hourly VPS provider?

I benchmarked all my go-to hourly VPS providers in a 13-way VPS comparison for Upcloud vs DigitalOcean vs Linode vs Vultr vs Hetzner at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/13-way-vps-server-benchmark-comparison-tests-upcloud-vs-digitalocean-vs-linode-vs-vultr-vs-hetzner.17742/

I prefer Upcloud, Linode and Vultr for best mix of performance and geographic locations I prefer. Hetzner would be nice if I needed European locations.

• zenkizenki Member

VMHaus, Virtuahost and Vultr are all great platforms for me, no complaints.

Scaleway is the worst provider I have used with hourly billing, they billed me after my instance was terminated, slow servers and bad support

• I'm using hetzner for over 1 year. I'm very satisfied. I created and destroyed so many server big and small. They always worked as expected. And I never opened a ticket about technical issues. Their servers are stable and cheaper.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • nbnnbn Member

UpCloud is very good as well after taking your suggestions.

• RedSoxRedSox Member

@nbn said:
    UpCloud is very good as well after taking your suggestions.

Do they accept only paypal? No credit cards?