Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi reviews?

Hello!
I would like to buy a Kimsufi dedicated server. Has anyone some experience with their support team? I don't mean technical support, I will personally manage the server... But in case the server will go down... How much will take for them to respond to a ticket?

Other informations about Kimsufi are really appreciated (what about the network?).

Thank you!

Comments

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

It's OVH, if you weren't aware of that yet.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • I've had quite speedy responses to hardware related tickets (within a day or two, not the fastest definitely) but other tickets take a good while to be completed, if ever. Network, while 100Mbit/s, is good.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • pbxpbx Member

Most hardware issue are monitored automatically and will be fixed by their teams in a matter or minutes or hours. It's good value for the money.

Thanked by 2arda teochristian
  • ardaarda Member

It's OVH basically. They fix the HW issues and respond to tickets regarding these quite fast, but for other cases support is almost zero. You get what you pay for, and I'm quite happy for what I pay for :D .

Thanked by 2hohl teochristian
  • @teochristian said:
    Hello!
    I would like to buy a Kimsufi dedicated server. Has anyone some experience with their support team? I don't mean technical support, I will personally manage the server... But in case the server will go down... How much will take for them to respond to a ticket?

Other informations about Kimsufi are really appreciated (what about the network?).

Thank you!

If you are OK with their 100mbit/s speed and that you can have only one assigned IPv4, they provide pretty good value for money, especially for their network (which is OVH, as the others are saying).

Hardware replacement with OVH is excellent. Quick and effective. Any other issue, meh. They are unmanaged servers, on the other hand.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • Generally CA/US support are better than those from EU/UK/IE side. May be depending on experience.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited June 2020

I had the same questions about a year ago before I purchased a server from their new panel as I still have several older Kimsufi servers as well as some SYS servers purchased via the OVH panel before they split.
    Regular support via ticket will take around 48 hours or more (phone support is a lot faster when it comes to OVH but I'm not sure if they handle kimsufi servers support too when you call them) as for hardware issues make sure you have server monitoring turned ON and in case of an HW failure, it should be solved within 30 to 60 minutes according to my experience with them so far.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • Never needed to open ticket. Good thing their hardware yet to fail me.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • teochristianteochristian Member
    edited June 2020

Thank you all!

The hardware related problems are the only ones I care about. Glad to hear they solve such problems fast. Definitely will buy.

Thanks

Thanked by 1pbx
  • EdwardEdward Member

Kimsufi does not have the usual support that responds to tickets. And technical problems on servers are solved automatically, through an automated bot. OVH does everything to keep as few tickets as possible.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited June 2020

Hard to find better for the ratio quality/price. It's old servers but all works as expected.
    If you don't need support, it's excellent. For hardware issue they will help but for anything else it's your problem. Connection is stable and no bandwith limit (shown speed is respected). Anti-DDoS is really powerful for this price range; (does not include UDP or game protection).

Thanked by 2pbx teochristian
  • I usually get help within a few hours when I submit tickets. Bandwidth limited between US and france servers aren't great BTW.

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • Hello,

@teochristian said: But in case the server will go down... How much will take for them to respond to a ticket?

If you server is "unreachable", this will be detected automatically by their system, and (from my experience, at GRA and BHS), within 1 hour, a technician will check it. S/he will plug a monitor to check for on screen messages, will reboot it, and run the common checks. Then, you'll receive an email with the report of the intervention, and hopefully your server will be back online.

Keep in mind this is self managed server, so Kimsufi/OVH , will just reboot a server which is unreachable, and replace faulty hardware (at no extra cost). For anything else, you need to be able to do it yourself, and they will not assist you. Another point is that, in case the OS or hard drive are corrupted, you still have the possibility to start the server in rescue mode, and mount the drive(s), to access their content (or whatever remains on them).

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE BACKUPS.

By the way, in my experience, I never had any issue with Kimsufi and its support, and always received an answer within the same day. Sometimes you can get an answer within minutes, sometimes it can take some hours, keep this in mind.

If you need to open a ticket, be sure to be clear, simple and precise.

Hope it can help.

Thanked by 2teochristian Edward
  • @SteveMC said:
    Hello,

@teochristian said: But in case the server will go down... How much will take for them to respond to a ticket?

If you server is "unreachable", this will be detected automatically by their system, and (from my experience, at GRA and BHS), within 1 hour, a technician will check it. S/he will plug a monitor to check for on screen messages, will reboot it, and run the common checks. Then, you'll receive an email with the report of the intervention, and hopefully your server will be back online.

Keep in mind this is self managed server, so Kimsufi/OVH , will just reboot a server which is unreachable, and replace faulty hardware (at no extra cost). For anything else, you need to be able to do it yourself, and they will not assist you. Another point is that, in case the OS or hard drive are corrupted, you still have the possibility to start the server in rescue mode, and mount the drive(s), to access their content (or whatever remains on them).

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE BACKUPS.

By the way, in my experience, I never had any issue with Kimsufi and its support, and always received an answer within the same day. Sometimes you can get an answer within minutes, sometimes it can take some hours, keep this in mind.

If you need to open a ticket, be sure to be clear, simple and precise.

Hope it can help.

Although, for the abuse report, you can just always with "done" (after taking care of it tough). And this is mandatory. Or Your server will be rebooted into rescue mode, with reinstall is the only option available.