Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS1 - Ubuntu 20.04 direct install?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS1 - Ubuntu 20.04 direct install?

Anyone know how to install Ubuntu 20.04 directly on to the KS1 server?

At the moment, only Ubuntu server 16.04 is available, and it's a pain having to upgrade to 18.04 and then 20.04. When I go to installation templates, I can create a custom template for Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04, but they don't show up in the picklist when I want to reinstall the server.

Is there a way to install 20.04 directly when I want to wipe the server?

Comments

• Several possibilities:

• (if you can, i don't recall for KS) put your own ISO or at least netboot.xyz iso
    • do a bootstrap install (so from 16.04 you will be able to install a fresh 20.04, i did this for Alpine Linux, i have the script that you can edit if you want to take a look but it's for advanced users)
    • ask the guys who does those images on IRC freenode #ovh (if he is still here, i don't recall his name but pretty sure if you ask in the channel someone will tell you who manage this)

I miss probably some other ways, i had 6 KS but had to install them only once and it was few years ago ahah :).

• cyanogeniccyanogenic Member
    edited June 2020

@o_be_one said:
    Several possibilities:

• (if you can, i don't recall for KS) put your own ISO or at least netboot.xyz iso
    • do a bootstrap install (so from 16.04 you will be able to install a fresh 20.04, i did this for Alpine Linux, i have the script that you can edit if you want to take a look but it's for advanced users)
    • ask the guys who does those images on IRC freenode #ovh (if he is still here, i don't recall his name but pretty sure if you ask in the channel someone will tell you who manage this)

I miss probably some other ways, i had 6 KS but had to install them only once and it was few years ago ahah :).

Can you give more info on the bootstrap bit?

• @cyanogenic said: Can you give more info on the bootstrap bit?

Sure! This is the script i've edit/used long time ago to install Alpine Linux on a Kimsufi server. First i 've simply installed Ubuntu on Kimsufi and run this script. You will have to edit it to fit your needs!
    https://hastebin.com/enesaqohap.bash

Good luck :) !

Thanked by 1vpsGOD