Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach, no reply to tickets or chats - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach, no reply to tickets or chats

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran

@raindog308 said:

Lazy, poorly educated millennials who watch television should stop watching and develop adult reading skills.

Hey! Watch where you're going with that. I'm a millennial too.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@deanhills said:
    @VirMach I don't think you're getting the point. Your automated system is not working, it's multiplying tickets instead of reducing them and resulting in longer waiting times.

If people all replied to their tickets, the timer would reset and the order in which they're answered would be incorrect. So while overall you are correct, it would take less time to answer all tickets, there would definitely people that waited longer as a result of their own replies. We just wanted to avoid that.

We'll figure something out for the duplicates later and I'm sure they'll naturally reduce once we catch up. People have lower incentive to try to make duplicates.

As for the actual automated portions, they are definitely helping. I was able to knock out a few dozen IP change requests together today without having to confirm every piece of information and check which stage they were on based on unique responses by customers.

The automation of tickets with the addition of inexperienced non-tech staff to push them from one level of support to another is messing everything up as clients are no longer getting direct responses from qualified Admin staff. We get responses from inexperienced non-tech staff who try to interpret/solve the ticket requests to push them to a next level, and keep missing points - like I've had to repeat tickets more than four times for one issue with plenty of waiting time in between the tickets and the non-tech staff still not getting the point as they are different staff every time.

Can you private message me an example? I think any misunderstanding/miscommunication is just us trying to get through everything and catch up.

At a minimum you should ensure that at the end of your channels of automated communication a qualified Admin is the one who responds DIRECTLY to the client, instead of the ticket getting lost in a loop between the layers of non-tech staff. Also when the qualified Admin responds directly to the client, the client should be able to respond directly back to the qualified Admin instead of having the non-tech staff filtering the communications in between the client and qualified Admin and messing things up causing a new ticket needing to be created.

We are trying to fix the piping and ensure they're sorted properly and replied to by the proper agents directly.

One issue is that clients are making tickets in the wrong departments. We finally lifted the barring on the billing department to try to let people contact billing more directly. Unfortunately, then clients are making billing requests for an urgent matter that's not billing related. We added button to report issue on VNC, and people mistook this as it saying there is an issue on VNC. People also used this button to report issues with installing their software since they took it as anything that gets displayed on VNC. "Connection Issue" which requests certain information almost never has it provided, and it's used for reporting outages. "Service offline" which is supposed to report outages, is used for connection issues.

So overall a lot of improvements in how we describe and funnel things, and that will make sure everything is performed more quickly.

• @raindog308 said:

@deank said: I really wish that the guy could make his point in less words.

(Almost) Every post he makes, it's a god damn novel.

His most recent post, excluding quotes, was 921 words. Hardly a novel. Even lowly college students ready ~300 wpm.

Lazy, poorly educated millennials who watch television should stop watching and develop adult reading skills.

Maybe @VirMach can do a TV show episode each time they need to reply so those pesky millennials can understand as well? I'd watch that.

• @Saahib said:

@Falzo said:

@deank said:
    I really wish that the guy could make his point in less words.

he's doing a @cociu - just his english is not on the same level ;-)

English is not his first language.. I suppose !

I think the guy just learning English specifically for entering the Lowe end market. You need to have an iq of 200 to understand what the guy is saying a few years ago.

• @raindog308 said:

His most recent post, excluding quotes, was 921 words. Hardly a novel. Even lowly college students ready ~300 wpm.

okay boomer

• @VirMach said:

@Prime404 said:
    @VirMach when can I expect a reply to my ticket submitted on the 3rd of June?

Today.

I am sorry to complain, but it is now the 12th of June and I have not received a response from you as of writing this message.

This means the service has been inaccessible for 9 days without any response from you.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2020

@sithrebel15 said:

@raindog308 said:

okay boomer

Sorry, I’m Gen X. If you read more and watched less TV, you’d have better insulting skills, too.

• @raindog308 said:

@sithrebel15 said:

@raindog308 said:

okay boomer

Sorry, I’m Gen X. If you read more and watched less TV, you’d have better insulting skills, too.

Wait? You're saying books have better insults than TV? Need examples, please.

• @VirMach said:

@deanhills said:
    @VirMach I don't think you're getting the point. Your automated system is not working, it's multiplying tickets instead of reducing them and resulting in longer waiting times.

If people all replied to their tickets, the timer would reset and the order in which they're answered would be incorrect. So while overall you are correct, it would take less time to answer all tickets, there would definitely people that waited longer as a result of their own replies. We just wanted to avoid that.

This should be taken up with your panel provider. Not being able to sort by oldest unanswered ticket is an epic feature fail. Whomever designed such a system without that being the default view shouldn't have been working on it in the first place.

Being penalized for adding additional troubleshooting results or details will piss off people being down, especially when not getting responses in timely manner.

That being said, I don't have the patience for untimely support and would have bad feels after one long support incident.

@Prime404 said:

@VirMach said:

@Prime404 said:
    @VirMach when can I expect a reply to my ticket submitted on the 3rd of June?

Today.

I am sorry to complain, but it is now the 12th of June and I have not received a response from you as of writing this message.

This means the service has been inaccessible for 9 days without any response from you.

If your service is inaccessible you need to make a priority ticket. If your ticket is not priority, close it, and make a priority ticket. There's nothing on our end that should be keeping your service offline for 9 days.

Also, I did reply to all tickets yesterday that have been waiting that long, which was not many, except if your ticket was for an account that has specials AND is not flagged as high priority, those are sorted differently. So if you have a combination of non-priority ticket and special offers then it's possible it's one of the few tickets left from that day.

I can tell you there are a total of three tickets with that criteria that could be your ticket, assuming you provided the correct details here and it was interpreted correctly. You can provide your ticket ID here if you want me to discuss it with you publicly. One of them is related to a service that is online with an issue with functions that do not work specifically on the billing panel as a result of an error; that means SolusVM is still accessible and the service is in no way "inaccessible." The other is regarding someone who re-installed his OS then powered it down a minute later, then re-installed his OS twice in four minutes and caused the disk to screw up so this one is most likely inaccessible. The last one is regarding an issue that was already resolved as a part of a system-wide reboot. All of them are regarding special offers. No other tickets fit the criteria, so are you the guy that re-installed his OS like that and broke it?

If you meant you created the ticket on June 3rd, but the last reply is not June 3rd, then I should have clarified that as well, that would not be counted as being June 3rd and it depends on the last reply time.

Thanked by 1default
  • Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited June 2020

@VirMach said: so are you the guy that re-installed his OS like that and broke it?

So you did read the ticket and did absolutely nothing to resolve it or even replied to it?

I did initiate a reinstall but I want to clarify exactly what happened, as the issue was not caused by the reinstalls alone – the issue did start already when I did do a password reset of the VM and after that it did not boot up again.

To resolve the issue I did attempt to reinstall first to Debian, then it said it was completed very shortly after and I checked VNC console was still stuck on the exact same screen.
    Then I did attempt with other templates to see if the same thing would happen and surely it did.

And no, the issue is not resolved and the last reply were on the “06/03/2020 (12:50)”

@Prime404 said: The issue, in this case, is that I've got a VM that is down due to an issue with their SolusVM installation that causes the VM to get stuck in limbo if you start a rebuild. The issue affects all the templates on the specific node it seems and once you start a reinstallation the VM gets stuck on "No bootable media found".

I'm working on this now.

@Prime404 said: So you did read the ticket and did absolutely nothing to resolve it or even replied to it?

You have a ticket open, then opened a chat about the ticket, and a ticket about the ticket, and an LET thread about the ticket. I am addressing these issues as a whole. If your intention is to bring attention to just your ticket, that will never help or work because it's unfair to others. People will not get priority support by bringing attention to something publicly or as many times as they can.

To address you here, I obviously need to look over the tickets. To decide which tickets to sort and complete, they also need to be read. So yes, I did read it and then do absolutely nothing or even reply to it.

Thanked by 2default imok
    edited June 2020

@VirMach said:
    You have a ticket open, then opened a chat about the ticket, and a ticket about the ticket, and an LET thread about the ticket. I am addressing these issues as a whole. If your intention is to bring attention to just your ticket, that will never help or work because it's unfair to others. People will not get priority support by bringing attention to something publicly or as many times as they can.

I am not really liking the way you're trying to make this a switcheroo by blaming the customer for issues within your own organisation - if you knew ticket responses would be severely delayed why not put up a notice for it on your website? Getting rid of all outsourced support while not replacing them with anyone is really only a thing that can be blamed on internal decisions within your organisation.

Again, I know it is a cheap service but after a week of not getting a single response from your company at all makes you wonder if deadpool.

@Prime404 said: I am not really liking the way you're trying to make this a switcheroo by blaming the customer for issues within your own organisation

You state that you really hate making this type of thread and you state that you hate making a second ticket, and you state that you hate making chats about tickets. You've also stated in the past that you do not like contacting our support especially because of the pricing of the package and appear very understanding. Of course these issues should not happen and you should not have to wait this long. It's just strange that you are not empathetic as to why it may be counterproductive to open chats selecting to continue even though you already have a ticket and you are asked this and already explained multiple times/places not to open chats about tickets or creating another ticket to draw attention to your original. We have two tickets and at least three chats from you for this issue that have to one way or another be read and sorted. We have a public ticket where after the main issue was addressed to everyone, you are still following up and expect special treatment.

You should have created a single ticket reporting an outage, which would have gone to the priority department and been resolved 8 days ago. That would have utilized less time on both ends and improved your experience. Stating this does not mean that I am doing a "switcheroo" because I have already stated that we did not intend this to happen. You have used this in the past so I'm sure you know this option exists? Please feel free to provide any feedback that would make this more clear.

@Prime404 said: if you knew ticket responses would be severely delayed why not put up a notice for it on your website?

We didn't anticipate this level of backlog. We do not predict a backlog before it happens. We do put up notices, all of which you ignored. And others ignore this too. Maybe if everyone expects to make chats about tickets and tickets about tickets we should change how things work, that's possibly a disconnect between us and how customers want things. But we do state how we intend for these to work.

You would have seen these notices, so I think you can agree if that doesn't work then neither would a notice stating anything else in regards to this issue.

And you did also seen this as well, in your case:

@Prime404 said: Getting rid of all outsourced support while not replacing them with anyone is really only a thing that can be blamed on internal decisions within your organisation.

Please go ahead and review your previous tickets. Do you genuinely believe there would have been a better resolution if we still had the outsourced support? Go ahead and post the ticket regarding your network issue. It's quite embarrassing how it was handled by our outsourced staff and situations like this continued to happen.

You can disagree, but we did not want those kind of situations/replies to continue. And I can personally say that there was a larger impact for my workload from losing one single in-house agent than a dozen outsourced agents.

Thanked by 2default TimboJones
    edited June 2020

With almost a week of waiting on any response before opening further tickets and the service being down I'd expect there to be a notice that tickets may be delayed.

@VirMach said: You can disagree, but we did not want those kind of situations/replies to continue. And I can personally say that there was a larger impact for my workload from losing one single in-house agent than a dozen outsourced agents.

You know, I expect the least level of service from a low-end provider but this is legitimately the bottom of the barrel judging by how you are attempting to blame the customer over and over. You are taking these threads personally instead of actually taking criticism.

But this sneezy attitude and bringing up old tickets in a public forum is just low, after all it was virmachs decision to hire said people.

This thread was opened to see if others had similar experience as of recent and the experience was among the better in the lowend market in the past. (and I hope for that to return even at full pricing, do not take this personally in any way.)

@Prime404 said: But this sneezy attitude and bringing up old tickets in a public forum is just low, after all it was virmachs decision to hire said people.

I'm only providing the other ticket as a reference as to how outsourced agents were unhelpful in any advanced situations and if anything could potentially delay the appropriate response.

@Prime404 said: You know, I expect the least level of service from a low-end provider but this is legitimately the bottom of the barrel judging by how you are attempting to blame the customer over and over. You are taking these threads personally instead of actually taking criticism.

I believe you are the one taking this personally at this point, as you are getting defensive.

You have stated twice now that I am blaming customers instead of taking criticism. This is absolutely not true. I even re-iterated this with, "of course these issues should not happen and you should not have to wait this long." I am just letting you know why I read your ticket and did not reply, when you mentioned it here. Well, it's replied to by now as it naturally would. I'm also letting you know that you and others can get quicker support in any situation if our guidelines are followed by everyone. Above, I also explained how we are improving this. Unfortunately, this will have to be my last reply as I do not want to escalate this matter any further if you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

@Prime404 said: This thread was opened to see if others had similar experience as of recent.

Sure, that's fine. I agree with this, and that's why I said "I am addressing these issues as a whole." I was interested in this thread and addressing the matter that is affecting everyone, but I simply was not interested in providing you with priority support as a result of your thread because I believed that to be unfair. You seemed upset that I did nothing after seeing your reply here and checking your ticket to provide a response here.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited June 2020

@VirMach said:
    Sure, that's fine. I agree with this, and that's why I said "I am addressing these issues as a whole." I was interested in this thread and addressing the matter that is affecting everyone, but I simply was not interested in providing you with priority support as a result of your thread because I believed that to be unfair. You seemed upset that I did nothing after seeing your reply here and checking your ticket to provide a response here.

I do see your point of this as well but I think this conversation is going too far away from the original subject especially on my end.
    But yes, I fully agree with you on that this should be the last reply and I really hope that things will be back to normal soon as I know Virmach is a respectable brand in the lowend market.

As my ticket have been resolved in the end I am happy (got credited for the period the service was down) and this is more than most providers would have done.

/end of story

• PMS big

• @notarobo said:
    PMS big

No u.

• Phew!
    :popcorn: finished.

• Next please!

CONSUMER JUSTICE!

• defaultdefault Veteran

• sithrebel15sithrebel15 Member
    edited June 2020

@raindog308 said:

@sithrebel15 said:

@raindog308 said:

okay boomer

Being a boomer is a state of mind.

• @VirMach said:

We're trying to focus some of our time on automating/coding to cut down on the work and make it faster/cheaper for everyone as we move forward.

Suggestion: Let customers do their own OS reinstalls from your list of OS templates. Ticket #258299

• @nductiv said:

@VirMach said:

We're trying to focus some of our time on automating/coding to cut down on the work and make it faster/cheaper for everyone as we move forward.

Suggestion: Let customers do their own OS reinstalls from your list of OS templates. Ticket #258299

That's the way it should be. You ran into an error condition and advised to contact Support. Did you?

• nductivnductiv Member
    edited June 2020

@nductiv said:

.... Ticket #258299

@TimboJones said:
    That's the way it should be. You ran into an error condition and advised to contactSupport. Did you?

I posted the ticket number above just to see which trolls would come out.

edited June 2020

@nductiv said:

@VirMach said:

We're fixing these. Outsourced support was not following instructions and instead just constantly re-installing it for people, we actually ensure that the feature gets enabled in these cases now.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @VirMach said:
    We're fixing these. Outsourced support was not following instructions and instead just constantly re-installing it for people, we actually ensure that the feature gets enabled in these cases now.

I understand, but would like to get reinstalled in the near future. Thanks for responding!

• xinzi3213xinzi3213 Member
    edited June 2020

Hello, hi, please take a look at this ticket, #360930, it has been two weeks, there has been no reply, please reply as soon as possible, thank you very much
    Please reset my system, I can't control my system now, thank you very much

@xinzi3213 said:
    Hello, hi, please take a look at this ticket, #360930, it has been two weeks, there has been no reply, please reply as soon as possible, thank you very much
    Please reset my system, I can't control my system now, thank you very much

Your server's compromised and running out of bandwidth. I'm not going to answer your ticket until I get to it, but basically letting you know it's not what you think. It has nothing to do with the server controls. Your bandwidth resets, then all of it gets used most likely because of an insecure password. Usually almost every single person who this happens to eventually reports having a password like "Dog123"