Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please recommend a managed dedicated server provider.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please recommend a managed dedicated server provider.

ryanster7ryanster7 Member
edited June 2020 in Providers

Hello,

I am looking for a reliable fully managed host, I need two HDD of 4 to 8tb each, raid1, 32 to 64gb of ram, a quad CPU with a mark of 6000+ preferably in Europe,

I would really appreciate any suggestions or help, budget is from 70 to 130 dollars a month.

Many thanks

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Which kind of management service you want?

I would recommend you to Knownhost. They are good and reputable.

If you are looking for Directadmin or cPanel management then we can do it for you

• Hi thanks for the quick reply, Cpanel is not a must, by management I mean fully managed, like server monitoring, emergency fixing if the server goes down or something is broken, basically i can't deal with any administrative tasks, i need something fully managed so that i can focus on the website, i will look at the options you mentioned, thanks

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

@ryanster7 said:
    Hi thanks for the quick reply, Cpanel is not a must, by management I mean fully managed, like server monitoring, emergency fixing if the server goes down or something is broken, basically i can't deal with any administrative tasks, i need something fully managed so that i can focus on the website, i will look at the options you mentioned, thanks

We only offer management if clients have cPanel or Directadmin (free) from us.

Contact Knownhost. They are prem.
    Maybe costly but they are wonderful and you won't regret

Hey @jonathanspw do you have something for this guy?

• Hi, i see, directadmin is fine.. knownhost seems a bit too expensive for my budget, they have this nice config: E-2224 with 32gb if ram, 2x4tb HDD, fully managed but for 202 dollars a month, i guess could spend a little more than my initial budget, but not 202 at this point.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@ryanster7 said:

Hi we can help you with this. Please get back to us on our live chat at https://readydedis.com/

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

With cPanel we can. What is your budget?
    E3-1240v3
    2x1TB SSD
    /29 IPv4
    cpanel metal $45
    Price : $140/m (include cPanel)
    Fully Managed.
    Contact us: sales [@] toshost.com

• @ryanster7
    you can check with Francisco Buyvm, we have few dedicated servers and VPS servers fully Managed

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Hi Toshost, thx for the offer, but I need more space, I need from 4 to 8tb of HDD space, x2 with raid1, so a total 8 to 16tb.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2020

We can do the following:

Fully Managed
    E3-1240v3
    32 GB ECC DDR3
    2 x 4 TB SATA III SwRAID1
    15 TB Transfer @1 Gbps
    /29 IPv4
    Free DirectAdmin
    $150.00/m

Fully Managed
    E3-1240v3
    32 GB ECC DDR3
    2 x 8 TB SATA III SwRAID1
    15 TB Transfer @1 Gbps
    /29 IPv4
    Free DirectAdmin
    $175.00/m

• thanks for the offer mechanicweb, first option is close to what i had in mind.

• can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to buy an unmanaged server from ovh or hetzner, they are really cheap, how much would it cost to pay one of those server management companies to fully managed it for me? is this a good or bad idea?

Many thanks

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

@ryanster7 said:
    can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to buy an unmanaged server from ovh or hetzner, they are really cheap, how much would it cost to pay one of those server management companies to fully managed it for me? is this a good or bad idea?

Many thanks

Its the best idea to go for :) however as u talk about emergency support so its not like how you are thinking it will takes time everywhere however buy hetzner or ovh server pay for one time setup and thats it after few month hire again and ask him/her t review the server and fix it if needed
    It can save your 30-50$/m however if u need help in setup we are here can help you out or even can setup one for you
    For sys you can go with
    Bobscare
    @BharatB
    @MikePT

Thanked by 2BharatB MikePT
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ryanster7 said: Hi Toshost, thx for the offer, but I need more space, I need from 4 to 8tb of HDD space, x2 with raid1, so a total 8 to 16tb.

Depending on your IO load then slabs would work well :)

We're $5.00/month per 1TB usable space. Storage is protected by RAID10.

Francisco

• AK_KWH,

Thanks, from what I can see on hetzner, I could get a server twice as powerful as the managed offers I found, for one-third of the price (about 50 dollars a month), so even after outsourcing management with a service like bobscare, it would cost from 80 to 120 a month, which is really an interesting solution.

Francisco,
    thanks but here will be some considerable load, I definitely need a dedicated, your offers would however be a good solution for backup storage.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@ryanster7 said: thanks for the offer mechanicweb, first option is close to what i had in mind.

We might be able to offer a few options if you need. Feel free to shoot a PM or open a ticket with us if you want to discuss something.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@ryanster7 said: I am looking for a reliable fully managed host, I need two HDD of 4 to 8tb each, raid1, 32 to 64gb of ram, a quad CPU with a mark of 6000+ preferably in Europe,

We have managed dedicated servers, too. https://www.hetzner.com/managed-server Sure, these are more expensive than our dedicated root servers, but they include a lot more support. Depending on what your specific requirements are, one of these might work for you. If you want to write to our technicians about any pre-sales questions, there is a red chat icon on the bottom right of that page during our business hours. --Katie

• samKsamK Member

Below are the Best Dedicated Server providers :
    LiquidWeb.com
    InMotionHosting.com
    HostGator.com
    Bluehost.com
    DreamHost.com
    A2Hosting.com

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I've got one E3 with 2x8TB drives but only 16gb RAM

Can offer management with a control panel, but usually it's done without (as it's managed). Not sure 16gb would meet your requirements though.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@ryanster7 said: can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to buy an unmanaged server from ovh or hetzner, they are really cheap, how much would it cost to pay one of those server management companies to fully managed it for me? is this a good or bad idea?

that's a quite common and fair solution especially for working with freelancers.
    while there might be margin on the servers itself, reselling also imposes risks for both sides if one of them drops out of the contract for whatever reason.

if you have that sorted directly, a contract would only be about the mangement and more easily to handle if whatever end goes sideways.

I recommend to make sure that you somehow define more clearly what you expect that 'management' means in services/tasks to be covered (and so should the provider/sysadmin) ;-)

I am offering management/administrative services (for infrastructure you provide) starting from 50€ monthly. but as just written, we'd need to talk about what exactly you want and need - first consultation is free of charge.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@samK said:
    Below are the Best Dedicated Server providers :
    LiquidWeb.com
    InMotionHosting.com
    HostGator.com
    Bluehost.com
    DreamHost.com
    A2Hosting.com

Oh really? On what basis?

• ryanster7ryanster7 Member
    edited June 2020

Thanks for your advice guys, after much thinking and comparing the best offers from the likes of servermania, hostwind, knownhost, interserver, smarthost and and many others..

I have decided that i will get a bare-metal Hetzner server and hire a proactive server management company, for a total budget of $150, I get this:

8 CPUs, 2x 8tb HDD + 2x 1tb SSDs, 64gb of ddr4 ram, 6 ips, Cpanel + server management by an established company that seems to have nice reviews on review sites and forums, the same config would cost 220 to 600 dollars with a managed hosting company.

Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.

(Falzo and Mr Tom, thanks for the offer guys but I have already decided what to buy)

• What management company selected to go with?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AK_KWH said:

@ryanster7 said:
    can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to buy an unmanaged server from ovh or hetzner, they are really cheap, how much would it cost to pay one of those server management companies to fully managed it for me? is this a good or bad idea?

Many thanks

Its the best idea to go for :) however as u talk about emergency support so its not like how you are thinking it will takes time everywhere however buy hetzner or ovh server pay for one time setup and thats it after few month hire again and ask him/her t review the server and fix it if needed
    It can save your 30-50$/m however if u need help in setup we are here can help you out or even can setup one for you
    For sys you can go with
    Bobscare
    @BharatB
    @MikePT

Thank you for the recommendation! <3