Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with @raindog308 published
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interview with @raindog308 published

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

As part of our ongoing interview series we aren't just publishing provider interviews, but also techy individuals including LowEndTalk moderator @raindog308.

You can check out his interview here: https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview-qa-with-low-end-talk-moderator-raindog308/

Thanks for taking part in this @raindog308!

Comments

• "independent owner (Jon Biloh)"

I stopped reading at this point...

• Have you had a bump to the head @jbiloh? You wrote a whole article and forgot to mention RackNerd or Dustin once.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • I’m optimistic now that there’s an independent owner (Jon Biloh)

You failed to mention Dustin....

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    "independent owner (Jon Biloh)"

Care to provide evidence?

From what I see both LET and @jbiloh changed towards the positive quite a bit. How many centuries will his old sins be held against him?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

Because...? You liked LET better when CC owned it?

Thanked by 2TimboJones Aidan
  • Who owns it now? Either @dustinc has some pictures of @jbiloh out dogging or he has some kind of stake in LEB/T because there wouldn't be any logical reason to have so much Quality RackNerd Content on the sites otherwise xxx

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

Did he touch you in a bad bad spot? Like seriously, if youre so hell bent on this stuff, why not just leave?

God damn kindergarten.

Thanked by 2TimboJones dustinc
  • @raindog308 said:

Because Biloh still to some capacity works for or with CC and most likely participated in prior scams? not worth making this a drama thread but seriously...

• @james50a said:

@raindog308 said:

Because Biloh still to some capacity works for or with CC and most likely participated in prior scams? not worth making this a drama thread but seriously...

So, you actually got any proof for that? Id love to see some.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Seems to me that LET is much better than it was 1 year ago. Do you disagree?

• @raindog308 said:

Let is more organized no question. Like i said not trying to start a drama thread just having a reasonable amount of distrust in bilosh is warranted regardless. Still remains to be seen if leb will continue to knowingly promote summer hosts for profit as cc did.

• EVERYTHING WAS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO this will be my new sig , btw nice read raindog

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Honestly i think jbiloh wants to make this place better. He took few times our suggestion to enhance LET and pretty sure you can contact him in DM if it's to request or ask something (not to harass, i know few of you who are used to harass...).

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

Care to provide evidence?

From what I see both LET and @jbiloh changed towards the positive quite a bit. How many centuries will his old sins be held against him?

Thank you! :)

@raindog308 said:

Seems like we are making tons of positive change. Every day in fact.

@james50a said:

@raindog308 said:

Let is more organized no question. Like i said not trying to start a drama thread just having a reasonable amount of distrust in bilosh is warranted regardless. Still remains to be seen if leb will continue to knowingly promote summer hosts for profit as cc did.

Glad you are seeing some enhancements.

@o_be_one said:
    Honestly i think jbiloh wants to make this place better. He took few times our suggestion to enhance LET and pretty sure you can contact him in DM if it's to request or ask something (not to harass, i know few of you who are used to harass...).

Thanks for noticing. I've put a ton of work into these websites the past couple months. Hope you continue to enjoy our community.

@webclouddev said:
    EVERYTHING WAS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO this will be my new sig , btw nice read raindog

Agreed, it was a nice little read. Hope to have other moderators and admins join in. We've got an interview with @Jar coming up soon, too.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Enjoyed the read as well - I encourage everyone to participate, especially providers. A great way to grab exposure.

• Can't wait for jar's interview!

Thanked by 3Ouji seriesn dustinc
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

@raindog308 said:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

And his LinkedIn profile still says "President at ColoCrossing" :lol:

@raindog308 said:

That's true as well

• @dustinc said:
    Enjoyed the read as well - I encourage everyone to participate, especially providers. A great way to grab exposure.

I don't think you're getting enough exposure on LEB, we need a few more RackNerd posts

• @RickOShea said:

@dustinc said:

I don't think you're getting enough exposure on LEB, we need a few more RackNerd posts

Will you eventually be banned for multiple accounts? You're petty and small. It's kind of pathetic.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2020

This isn’t a ‘brown nosing’ post in any way, I genuinely mean what I’m about to say, hopefully won’t get too much hate! :o

@jbiloh has been more than helpful over the last few months since we’ve been become a provider here and has supported us both on LET and LEB. We’ve participated in his thread requests and have gained valuable exposure. Not only that, we and other providers post offers both here and LEB (for free!), and gain valuable customers and revenue, what more could you ask for?

I know there’s history here, but it’s in the past... Jon’s clearly trying hard to make both LET and LEB more positive, and I think that’s great - carry on the positive work.

That’s my two cents. I rarely get involved in discussions such as this, but just wanted to share my honest feedback from a providers point of view.

Thanked by 2Ouji dustinc
  • I have my discimfort with certain provider getting extra exposure.

But guys come on, this is a nice interview of someone, who is from our own community and of someone, most of us loves and admires. Hell I used to read his startup saga all the time. My man is one of the oldest blood this forum has.

The post itself is clean and no random mention of Can we not be nasty about that and ruin this thread?

Thanked by 2Frameworks o_be_one

@hostworld said:
    This isn’t a ‘brown nosing’ post in any way, I genuinely mean what I’m about to say, hopefully won’t get too much hate! :o

@jbiloh has been more than helpful over the last few months since we’ve been become a provider here and has supported us both on LET and LEB. We’ve participated in his thread requests and have gained valuable exposure. Not only that, we and other providers post offers both here and LEB (for free!), and gain valuable customers and revenue, what more could you ask for?

I know there’s history here, but it’s in the past... Jon’s clearly trying hard to make both LET and LEB more positive, and I think that’s great - carry on the positive work.

That’s my two cents. I rarely get involved in discussions such as this, but just wanted to share my honest feedback from a providers point of view.

Glad you are enjoying your time around the community and that the exposure our very unique community can provide is valuable to Hostworld. Keep rocking!

seriesn said: But guys come on, this is a nice interview of someone, who is from our own community and of someone, most of us loves and admires. Hell I used to read his startup saga all the time. My man is one of the oldest blood this forum has.

Andrew is great and super glad to have him involved. So far he's written about 45~ tutorials which are scheduled between now and 6 months from now. And he tells me he has plenty more topics to cover... He's one of the many forces helping to make our community better.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

How about an interview with a once in a blue moon LET moderator?

Thanked by 2raindog308 dustinc

@jcaleb said:
    How about an interview with a once in a blue moon LET moderator?

That would be great. Are you interested? :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • defaultdefault Veteran

I would like to see an interview with @WSS, and an interview with @deank.

Thanked by 2NobodyInteresting DP
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

jbiloh said: That would be great. Are you interested?

yes

@jcaleb said:

jbiloh said: That would be great. Are you interested?

yes

PM has been sent. Glad you want to take part.

@default said:
    I would like to see an interview with @WSS, and an interview with @deank.

Sure I'm open to it. They just have to speak up.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • After jar's interview i hope to see @Francisco interview :D. BuyVM is also an damn interesting story! I'm more curious about the way FranTech accept being sold-out since it's something uncommon (and i understand why he goes sold-out, just wanted to know more about the choice of this "strategy" since in my actual point of view it's may be simply related to the need to not grow to fast and always stay a quality provider).

jbiloh i hope these mad posts you receive often will not put you out of motivation with time... I mean, i'm not ok with all exposure some may have on LEB and LET (seriously sometime it's kind of spam) but i truly appreciate your active presence here and the way we can easily reach you for anything.

Thanked by 2HostMayo DP

o_be_one said: After jar's interview i hope to see @Francisco interview . BuyVM is also an damn interesting story! I'm more curious about the way FranTech accept being sold-out since it's something uncommon (and i understand why he goes sold-out, just wanted to know more about the choice of this "strategy" since in my actual point of view it's may be simply related to the need to not grow to fast and always stay a quality provider).

I believe I invited @Francisco to take part in an interview a month or so ago - though I may be mistaken. Either way the offer is totally open to him any anyone else.

o_be_one said: jbiloh i hope these mad posts you receive often will not put you out of motivation with time... I mean, i'm not ok with all exposure some may have on LEB and LET (seriously sometime it's kind of spam) but i truly appreciate your active presence here and the way we can easily reach you for anything.

Not letting it get me down, I just turn it into motivation to keep working hard and improving things around here. Glad you are seeing that come to fruition, I appreciate the nice words.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited June 2020

jbiloh said: I believe I invited
    Francisco to take part in an interview a month or so ago - though I may be mistaken. Either way the offer is totally open to him any anyone else.

You wish.