Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a good WordPress hosting manager? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a good WordPress hosting manager?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2020

So here's what I would look at:

1. If you are reasonably technical, take a look at ApisCP (https://apiscp.com/). You can pickup a mini license for $30/year and then run the control panel on any VPS with at least 2GB ram (I'd suggest Vultr or Digital Ocean). It has Wordpress auto-update capability built-in. You can host up to 10 domains.
    2. Not cheap, but impressive is Gridpane (https://gridpane.com/). At $30/month you can have unlimited servers/websites and it will basically take care of everything for you. I was with Gridpane before moving to ApisCP. You still have to pair this with at least one VPS/server.
    3. ploi.io is another good option. You pay $9/month and can manage up to 5 servers and unlimited domains. It also requires a separate VPS/server.
    4. RunCloud is also very popular. It's $6.67/month for 1 server and unlimited web applications. As with the others, it requires a separate VPS/server.
    Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • clustercs is another option..

• I have a semi-completed Wordpress panel which I wrote a while ago to learn ropes with Docker. It spins up a new Docker container with Wordpress and Wordpress CLI installed, uses Wordpress CLI for management and other stuff. If you're looking to build one, I can send you some information and guides which I've used to build it.

Thanked by 1webclouddev
  • Iroshan464Iroshan464 Member
    edited May 2020

Thanks @sdglhm
    However, I am not a coder, and still a newbie.
    Preferred to find an easy one.
    Thanks to all, have options.

Thanks all a lot.

• @sdglhm said:
    I have a semi-completed Wordpress panel which I wrote a while ago to learn ropes with Docker. It spins up a new Docker container with Wordpress and Wordpress CLI installed, uses Wordpress CLI for management and other stuff. If you're looking to build one, I can send you some information and guides which I've used to build it.

i'll be interested into this, if you have github link drop me a DM >)

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@Iroshan464 said:
    Thanks @sdglhm
    However, I am not a coder, and still a newbie.
    Preferred to find an easy one.
    Thanks to all, have options.

Thanks all a lot.

Server Avatar https://serveravatar.com/pricing/

Cloudron seems similar to bitnami or other 'one click install' services that are offered on DO, AWS, etc.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:
    Why's everyone hyped about WP?

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel only popular due to attractive price only. If tomorrow the cPanel reverse the price I can bet you that everyone jump back to cPanel! As using DA still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

Uncomplete? Will you please elaborate?

• I would actually recommend runcloud, I use this for friends and family and they just use wordpress admin section to manage everything. Also sets up SSL for free.

Thanked by 1Iroshan464
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@MikePT said:

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:

Everyone is hyped about DA - uncompleted control panel only popular due to attractive price only. If tomorrow the cPanel reverse the price I can bet you that everyone jump back to cPanel! As using DA still need to use ssh in order to complete the tasks compare to cPanel or Plesk can be done in control panel.

• cPanel has a vast selection of plugins available, to expand the abilities of that panel. Even Plesk has quite a few through its Application Vault. But DirectAdmin has almost none.
    • DirectAdmin can handle basic server administration activities quite easily, but advanced functionalities such as clustering or staging support is missing.
    • Basic stuff can be done via control panel but majority tweaks via SSH, other control panels do have functions to edit via control panel. Webmin even allow to run SSH commands via control panel.
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

@Broscience said:

@Abdussamad said:
    wordpress has multisite support built in. you will have to handle updates and install plugins and themes. they get to add content, enable/disable plugins and themes only. would this suffice?

Funny thing, but when you choose a theme you got nothing after the installation. No demo content and your site looks like a lot of shitsites on the web. It's kinda deception, or maybe self-deception? You see a nice theme, wanna download and enjoy, but got only a layout. It's humiliating. For beginners, this is shock and stress

Try a serious theme such as Neve, https://themeisle.com/themes/neve/
    It's a theme, but they also provide hundreds of "example sites" based on the theme complete with images, contents, menus etc. You can install a complete site and then just edit the contents, or just install the theme and build your own site.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WebProject said:

@MikePT said:

@WebProject said:

@Broscience said:

• cPanel has a vast selection of plugins available, to expand the abilities of that panel. Even Plesk has quite a few through its Application Vault. But DirectAdmin has almost none.
    • DirectAdmin can handle basic server administration activities quite easily, but advanced functionalities such as clustering or staging support is missing.
    • Basic stuff can be done via control panel but majority tweaks via SSH, other control panels do have functions to edit via control panel. Webmin even allow to run SSH commands via control panel.

Wa, you have plenty of SSH commands for DA... cPanel has plugins as DA will have in the future, it's easy to build plugins now.

• webclouddev said: i'll be interested into this, if you have github link drop me a DM >)

Unfortunately, I cannot share the source code as I'm discussing with a potential buyer. However, I can help you you with how I created it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Broscience said: see a nice theme, wanna download and enjoy, but got only a layout. It's humiliating. For beginners, this is shock and stress

Who are these pansy users, that a WP theme is capable of humiliating, shocking, and stressing them? They need some tough love and should be forced to create their web sites in raw HTML.

• cleverconcierge said: I was with Gridpane before moving to ApisCP. You still have to pair this with at least one VPS/server.

What happened, why move? How's the result of your move? Please let me know. Thanks.

• samKsamK Member

Our top choices for managed WordPress hosting are: WP Engine – Best overall in terms of performance, reliability, pricing and features. SiteGround – Low cost managed WordPress hosting with friendly support and great performance