Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips Im Under attack, OVH IP attacker - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tips Im Under attack, OVH IP attacker

2»

Comments

• xreann20xreann20 Member
    edited May 2020

MikeA said: has been an issue for years.

that staff/founder said the team is working on it :D srsly its been 2 years? sounds like it wont be fixed for another few years. because they are apparently been "working on it" for 2 years already, perfecting every packet filter there is :)

*SARCASM - for those people who don't get cues

• vip3r09vip3r09 Member

I find it absolutely shocking how vulnerable OVH servers are to internal attackers. Making me think twice about renewing my 2 dedicated servers and going with different provider after reading this.

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • tsofttsoft Member

Is it possible to see the attacker IP or country?

Today got
    Detection of an attack on IP address 145.239

This server runs an internal app. No idea who was interested to attack it. Maybe false positive.

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • EdmondEdmond Member

@chihcherng said:

xreann20 said: Im open to suggestions

Keep reporting the attacker so OVH could suspend them.

Who’s stopping them from going to another host that uses OVH and continuing to attack OP’s IP addresses?

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Edmond said:

@chihcherng said:

xreann20 said: Im open to suggestions

Keep reporting the attacker so OVH could suspend them.

Who’s stopping them from going to another host that uses OVH and continuing to attack OP’s IP addresses?

that is the problem :open_mouth:

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • tsoft said: Is it possible to see the attacker IP or country?

You can just check IP info of that IP, then that is the country of the VM they use. Not the attacker's actual country.

• vip3r09 said: I find it absolutely shocking how vulnerable OVH servers are to internal attackers. Making me think twice about renewing my 2 dedicated servers and going with different provider after reading this.

They have no fire extinguisher inside their house. You will go down if the attacks come from the inside, btw this is just the time I found out about this, that its so easy to take down an OVH server.

• tsofttsoft Member

@xreann20 said:
    You can just check IP info of that IP

OVH blocks these IPs, so they do not reach the server. Anyway, probably bot net, so it is pointless to track the ips.

Ddos took 5 minutes. That how it works:

Start

We have just detected an attack on IP address

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto our mitigation infrastructure.

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn from the mitigation.

After 5 minutes

Dear Customer,

We are no longer able to detect any attack on IP address

Your infrastructure has now been withdrawn from our mitigation system.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • chihcherngchihcherng Veteran
    edited June 2020

@Edmond said:

Their pockets? and the number of providers using OVH hosts? Assuming they can't buy another VPS again from providers suspending them, they won't be able to attack OP from OVH IP eventually.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@chihcherng said:

@Edmond said:

Their pockets? and the number of providers using OVH hosts? Assuming they can't buy another VPS again from providers suspending them, they won't be able to attack OP from OVH IP eventually.

Providers take time to respond to abuse tickets? How much would the cheapest VPSs be? Dollar or two a month? If they got a day’s use out of it, it’s just $30 for the whole month.

• I have been a victim of regular attacks (L4, L7) from within OVH network for years and i can assure you they are not interested to put their house in order they believe there is nothing wrong with it.

Most of the booters/stressers you see online that charge pennies for taking down servers use multiple OVH ip addresses to launch these massive attacks!

I don't like cloudflare too but i respect them for being honest at least. I contacted them in past when some kids were using cloudflare bypass trick to launch attacks on my site that was using cloudflare protection and CF admitted it with an open heart that it's possible to bypass their javascript cookie page easily and only way to avoid these attack is using captcha protection instead of default JavaScript cookie based protection.

• chihcherng said: Their pockets? and the number of providers using OVH hosts? Assuming they can't buy another VPS again from providers suspending them, they won't be able to attack OP from OVH IP eventually.

OVH Resellers are everywhere, and their cheap. $$$ won't be an issue when they are these 512mb $1 resellers.

PS: *PROBABLY EXAGGERATED

• xreann20 said: OVH Resellers are everywhere, and their cheap.

How many OVH resellers are there? If every victim reports abuse to the correct abuse contact with proof, attackers will soon run out of resellers to buy from. But if no one reports, then no OVH reseller will know some customers are abusing its service.

Just like what's currently happening in the USA. The system can't see its own problems and it won't correct itself without the many protests going on across the nation. Yes, it might still be the same after so many protests, as history has shown us, but still, we could give it another chance. The same for OVH.

• xreann20xreann20 Member
    edited June 2020

chihcherng said: How many OVH resellers are there? If every victim reports abuse to the correct abuse contact with proof, attackers will soon run out of resellers to buy from. But if no one reports, then no OVH reseller will know some customers are abusing its service.

Just like what's currently happening in the USA. The system can't see its own problems and it won't correct itself without the many protests going on across the nation. Yes, it might still be the same after so many protests, as history has shown us, but still, we could give it another chance. The same for OVH.

the *** are you comparing it to? Provider is replaceable, I don't know about your government, if I keep reporting it Im left 0 players. Your solution is very inefficient lol, I already reported 4x, how long still? 50 more? and btw its not reseller, 1 ip is from ovhcloud only 1 is reseller the others are from unknown organization so probably OVH cloud also. I REPORTED 4X, within 3 days of downtime, still continues to persist only 2 IPs are not attacking anymore, but still 2 IPs can down me, the next day again 4 IPs attacking now different, it can continue for so long that crows turn white, don't underestimate OVH superb support, how many more years?*SARCASM

• chihcherng said: How many OVH resellers are there?

so many?, we have different attackers from different victims. wrap that logic around your brain. your solution requires sacrificing my gameserver to an abandoned one.