Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOSTODO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HOSTODO

coldcold Member

i got 2 NVME-KVM-512 from HOSTODO, can only recommend, they are stable, no reboots or downtime since I have them, and support is also fast, via ticket or here via msg, can only recommend.

Comments

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Thank you for the kind words!

• coldcold Member

@Hassan said:
    Thank you for the kind words!

most welcome, also thank for ur stable service.

• Can anyone else vouch for Hostodo? I only have disappointing experiences with them. @cold is also relatively a new user on this forum.

• @huntercop said:
    Can anyone else vouch for Hostodo? I only have disappointing experiences with them. @cold is also relatively a new user on this forum.

Been with hostodo for around 3 years, never had any major problems. Never needed support so can't comment on that, but things have improved a lot since the early days in terms of network and performance.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @dahartigan said:

@huntercop said:
    Can anyone else vouch for Hostodo? I only have disappointing experiences with them. @cold is also relatively a new user on this forum.

Been with hostodo for around 3 years, never had any major problems. Never needed support so can't comment on that, but things have improved a lot since the early days in terms of network and performance.

Hmm, thanks. Maybe I will consider giving them a shot. I had some challenges in the early days.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • tetechtetech Member

@huntercop said:

My experience wasn't super either. VPS kept getting migrated (Dallas->LA->Las Vegas), IP address changes, host rebuilt, host disk full. To be fair, this was a little while ago (OVZ6) and it did get better over time. I'm not looking to trash anyone and would probably be willing to give them a try again (especially KVM), the fact they are still around suggests they've continued learning and improving.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2020

tetech said: My experience wasn't super either. VPS kept getting migrated (Dallas->LA->Las Vegas), IP address changes, host rebuilt, host disk full. To be fair, this was a little while ago (OVZ6) and it did get better over time. I'm not looking to trash anyone and would probably be willing to give them a try again (especially KVM), the fact they are still around suggests they've continued learning and improving.

I talk with Hassan every now and then given we're both in the same facility now and he's working pretty damn hard to improve things. He had some rough patches with some basically botched upgrades, but given my colourful past in that regard I shouldn't throw rocks from my glass house.

He's focusing on just KVM at this point to get away from the OVZ 6/7 headaches. He recently got his own directly allocated IP blocks from ARIN so the days of IP renumbering are over. He's moved entirely to colocation which is a huge plus given his costs at Quadranet were likely a boat anchor for the brand.

Good on him for putting in the time & money to keep improving his product.

Francisco

• tetechtetech Member

Francisco said: Good on him for putting in the time & money to keep improving his product.

That's good to hear. I didn't leave on bad terms or anything, so happy if things have gone in that positive direction.

• I have been using them for a bit now, and haven't had any issues.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

tetech said: My experience wasn't super either. VPS kept getting migrated (Dallas->LA->Las Vegas), IP address changes, host rebuilt, host disk full. To be fair, this was a little while ago (OVZ6) and it did get better over time. I'm not looking to trash anyone and would probably be willing to give them a try again (especially KVM), the fact they are still around suggests they've continued learning and improving.

I talk with Hassan every now and then given we're both in the same facility now and he's working pretty damn hard to improve things. He had some rough patches with some basically botched upgrades, but given my colourful past in that regard I shouldn't throw rocks from my glass house.

He's focusing on just KVM at this point to get away from the OVZ 6/7 headaches. He recently got his own directly allocated IP blocks from ARIN so the days of IP renumbering are over. He's moved entirely to colocation which is a huge plus given his costs at Quadranet were likely a boat anchor for the brand.

Good on him for putting in the time & money to keep improving his product.

Francisco

Thank you Francisco, I appreciate it. We're now fully operating on our own hardware, and all new services are being provisioned on wholly owned IP ranges. The rocky experiences referenced in this thread are from when we were trying to dig ourselves out of a hole being at QN renting all of our hardware and IPs, and mismanaging costs in general. I can tell you that we are in a much more stable state than we were a year ago, and a MUUUUCH more stable state than we were two years ago.

I'm focusing specifically on KVM and my new NVMe KVM line which is proving to be very popular. No more overselling, costs much more controlled, and much better support.

I urge anyone who was an old customer to reach out. I can give you a free month or so of service to give us another try.