Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KeepSolid VPN Lifetime - 15$ on Stacksocial - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KeepSolid VPN Lifetime - 15$ on Stacksocial

Comments

• RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited May 2020

The last VPN deal I purchased from StackSocial turned out to be horrible. I believe the name of the service is FastestVPN. This company provided a horrible quality of service and their product kept on dropping the connection between me and their client all the time.

Now in days I just use a premium service, but I should really start looking for different options.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RoboCain said: The last VPN deal I purchased from StackSocial turned out to be horrible. I believe the name of the service is FastestVPN. This company provided a horrible quality of service and their product kept on dropping the connection between me and their client all the time.

These deals are a hit or miss. You can find good options there as well as completely useless products. I have had the same experience as you with FastestVPN. Only paid around $5 for it, though, not a huge loss.

On the other hand, through StackSocial I got lifetimes for KeepSolid VPN, KeepSolid Smart DNS, Getflix, and HOLA VPN Plus (don't judge), 2 years of ProtonVPN, and 6 years of Windscribe. Zero regrets on all these so far.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

@RoboCain said:
    The last VPN deal I purchased from StackSocial turned out to be horrible. I believe the name of the service is FastestVPN. This company provided a horrible quality of service and their product kept on dropping the connection between me and their client all the time.

Now in days I just use a premium service, but I should really start looking for different options.

VPNUnlimited is premium for the price. Speeds are up to 400 Mbit/s, too according to @debaser speedtest. Flix unblocking works. Wireguard is supported :)

Next time you are looking for a deal on Stacksocial, or a VPN Deal, check my signature.
    I also have FastestVPN, it is definitely worse than Ivacy/VPNUnlimited though.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • @sgheghele said:

RoboCain said: The last VPN deal I purchased from StackSocial turned out to be horrible. I believe the name of the service is FastestVPN. This company provided a horrible quality of service and their product kept on dropping the connection between me and their client all the time.

These deals are a hit or miss. You can find good options there as well as completely useless products. I have had the same experience as you with FastestVPN. Only paid around $5 for it, though, not a huge loss.

On the other hand, through StackSocial I got lifetimes for KeepSolid VPN, KeepSolid Smart DNS, Getflix, and HOLA VPN Plus (don't judge), 2 years of ProtonVPN, and 6 years of Windscribe. Zero regrets on all these so far.

yeah not all in stacksocial is good tho..
    the one i really regret is i miss the windscribe lifetime deals on stacksocial.
    i got the email but in my mind what the fuck is this new VPN provider. Turn out 2 years later they are good.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

RoboCain said: The last VPN deal I purchased from StackSocial turned out to be horrible. I believe the name of the service is FastestVPN. This company provided a horrible quality of service and their product kept on dropping the connection between me and their client all the time.

yeah not all in stacksocial is good tho..
    the one i really regret is i miss the windscribe lifetime deals on stacksocial.
    i got the email but in my mind what the fuck is this new VPN provider. Turn out 2 years later they are good.

Didn't they end Lifetime about 1 year ago? By then they had already been around for a while (a couple of years iirc) and weren't that new. Anyway, I pulled the trigger since I followed their Discord and thought Yegor was running a tight ship, so I believe it'd sail far :)

• Luke007Luke007 Member

Is manual configuration for Wireguard windows and android client available?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

@Luke007 said:

In the user office I can create manual config files for both, my phone and my computer :)

Regarding the 900GB/month Fair Use Policy:

I contacted VPNUnlimited support regarding the 900GB/month FUP and they said the following:

Your connection speed may drop to 5 Mbit/s, or it may not drop at all.

Throttling only lasts until the end of month though. Sounds fair enough to me. If they want LTD users pushing more than 900GB/month I think that is still a reasonable limit. I also see no problem when they don't limit regular monthly/yearly paying customers since they pay much more than us LTD ppl who purchased for 15-40$ lifetime. With 5 Mbit/s you can still watch YouTube in HD and browse normally :) On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

• noamannoaman Member

@Ympker said:

@Luke007 said:

In the user office I can create manual config files for both, my phone and my computer :)

I contacted VPNUnlimited support regarding the 900GB/month FUP and they said the following:

Throttling only lasts until the end of month though. Sounds fair enough to me. If they want LTD users pushing more than 900GB/month I think that is still a reasonable limit. I also see no problem when they don't limit regular monthly/yearly paying customers since they pay much more than us LTD ppl who purchased for 15-40$ lifetime. With 5 Mbit/s you can still watch YouTube in HD and browse normally :) On my 1 Mbit/s O2 Telefonica (mobile phone isp) throttle I can even watch YouTube, Netflix and Twitch.

Could you confirm as its per device? Or per account ?

They are giving 5 devices in this offer

If you divide 900/5 then bandwidth is really low :neutral:

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:

@Luke007 said:

Like I said earlier the usage may very with each user, but our whole family uses 400GB at home on all (2x PC, 2x Laptop, 2x Tablet, 3x Phone, 2x SmartTV) devices per month. Going with that I believe 900GB is a more than reasonable amount for a consumer faced VPN Service (that is 900GB for one "average" person). You always have the option of paying yearly/monthly and forget about the 900GB limit altogether. The limit applies account-wide I'd guess. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, because in the worst case you wasted 15$, or could just use another VPN after the 900GB have been used. Furthermore, they also mentioned that it could very well be you won't be throttled at all (see quote above).

• noamannoaman Member

@Ympker said:

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:

@Luke007 said:

Like I said earlier the usage may very with each user, but our whole family uses 400GB at home on all (2x PC, 2x Laptop, 2x Tablet, 3x Phone, 2x SmartTV) devices per month. Going with that I believe 900GB is a more than reasonable amount for a consumer faced VPN Service (that is 900GB for one "average" person). You always have the option of paying yearly/monthly and forget about the 900GB limit altogether. The limit applies account-wide I'd guess. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, because in the worst case you wasted 15$, or could just use another VPN after the 900GB have been used. Furthermore, they also mentioned that it could very well be you won't be throttled at all (see quote above).

Okay thanks

Actually I just purchased for 24/7 football streaming obviously when it resumes due to the COVID 19 situation

When I made the purchase i didn't know they had wireguard supposed which is amazing

So overall its great for now

Also I think your love or addiction of collecting VPNs account had really helped low end community in making correct purchases over time :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks! Had Redditbay/cracked nord that used occasionally, but couldn’t pass on this. Pulling 100mb+ on phone WiFi, so 30mb is just marketing low expectations.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:

@Luke007 said:

Okay thanks

Actually I just purchased for 24/7 football streaming obviously when it resumes due to the COVID 19 situation

When I made the purchase i didn't know they had wireguard supposed which is amazing

Also I think your love or addiction of collecting VPNs account had really helped low end community in making correct purchases over time :smile:

Thanks mate! So, there is at least one good thing to it haha ;)

Glad I could be of help. It's actually the first of my Lifetime VPNs to support Wireguard, so I am very happy. I actually expected Windscribe to be first.

Thanked by 1noaman
  • Snagged this deal , seems ok so far, cant max out my fiber connection but hey $15 bucks is $15 bucks man

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • noamannoaman Member

@Ympker said:

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:

@Luke007 said:

Okay thanks

Thanks mate! So, there is at least one good thing to it haha ;)

Glad I could be of help. It's actually the first of my Lifetime VPNs to support Wireguard, so I am very happy. I actually expected Windscribe to be first.

Oh yes I totally forget that ... I still have 30 GB per month there free of cost

I rarely use it though because of not all locations enabled in that they tier

• Well, fuck this thread always haunting me... I think I cant resist, lifetime plan for $15 is a steal deal. let see how long this will survive

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@DianTama said:
    Well, fuck this thread always haunting me... I think I cant resist, lifetime plan for $15 is a steal deal. let see how long this will survive

I'm in since 2016, so 4 years already. It has been around before that though.

• Thought I'd post my test:

Without VPN: 274/25

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sanvitsanvit Member

I actually used KeepSolid for some time now, and indeed I can agree it's awesome. My only complaint is not having enough server choices for each location (diverse ISPs on each countries) and their South Korean server sucks :(

• @Ympker said:

@DianTama said:
    Well, fuck this thread always haunting me... I think I cant resist, lifetime plan for $15 is a steal deal. let see how long this will survive

one thing that I'm confuse.
    Their VPN using digital ocean, but how they can be used to watch Netflix without detected proxy :/

• OujiOuji Member
    edited May 2020

magicvpn said: Thought I'd post my test:

Without VPN: 274/25

How far are you from the server?

Using same country server I got full speed.

• @Ouji said:

How far are you from the server?

Same country.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

Their VPN using digital ocean, but how they can be used to watch Netflix without detected proxy :/

It's most likely that they route netflix domains to another endpoint before hitting the actual server. So something like

You -> DO (KeepSolid) -> Google but
    You -> DO (KeepSolid) -> SuperSecretNetflixBypassServer -> Netflix

• @DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

When you attempt to connect to a streaming service, their DNS will "poison" the request and make them use another proxy of their own to handle your request. This is transparent to you most of the time.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

It's most likely that they route netflix domains to another endpoint before hitting the actual server. So something like

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

When you attempt to connect to a streaming service, their DNS will "poison" the request and make them use another proxy of their own to handle your request. This is transparent to you most of the time.

ahh that's why,
    I've been trying myself to create my own VPN for Netflix using DO but still no luck

• OujiOuji Member

magicvpn said: Same country.

I see. I was able to max out using same country. But I'm pretty sure the same could be said for Windscribe and Ivacy.

Wireguard support from this VPN is a huge thing, specially when using it on the mobile as Wireguard is battery-friendly.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

ahh that's why,
    I've been trying myself to create my own VPN for Netflix using DO but still no luck

I'm pretty sure all DO (or any other VPS provider) IPs are blocked by now. Just use a commercial VPN.

• @sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

ahh that's why,

I'm pretty sure all DO (or any other VPS provider) IPs are blocked by now. Just use a commercial VPN.

yep. I've tried my self :D
    but still, I'm curious how commercial VPN ( Especially KeepSolid ) do it

• @DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

ahh that's why,

Well, Windscribe uses (or used to use) ResCloud, which was actually banned here on LET :smiley: they set up their proxies with them.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

ahh that's why,

I've heard there are multiple ways VPN companies bypass streaming sites. Some including using real residential computers with special softwares installed (some unconsented), getting fresh IPv4/6 blocks, etc.

Thanked by 2Ympker Ouji
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

ahh that's why,

I've heard there are multiple ways VPN companies bypass streaming sites. Some including using real residential computers with special softwares installed (some unconsented), getting fresh IPv4/6 blocks, etc.

That's why I discarded my 15$/year VPS I used to unblock. IP got blacklisted too often and VPN providers just do their magic (= ensure it works and KEEPS WORKING). Way more convenient :)