Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help finding click-to-launch ecommerce/web platform like shopify or squire space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help finding click-to-launch ecommerce/web platform like shopify or squire space

fahim5001fahim5001 Member
edited May 2020 in General

hello there,
I am posting this there because i feel deeply knowledgeable persons are here and this also relates to hosting business itself.

so basically i am looking for a panel or managing platform which i can install in a dedicated server which will have all the features like shopify. like a customer can come to my hosting site, they put their email and domain, and checkout using a billing info, then instead of getting cpanel/direct admin info, they will just receive login info of a fully deployed ecommerce site.

i figured out it is possible to have scripts like wordpress deploy after a new client registration but those are have very limited control.

because i want a customer to sign up and operate free and use my payment gateway, and i will charge them 5% from each transaction.

so great minds of LET, do share your thoughts on this, also if you are a developer or know a good dev who can make this happen, do suggest and i will reach out to them.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Woocommerce?

• @serv_ee said:
    Woocommerce?

yeah but as i said, i need some controls, because one can easily install and run 3rd party gateways in a woocommerce setup + i will not be able to monitor that sites sales volume

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited May 2020

As to monitor, yes you can. I cant remember the plugin but it automatically suggest you to install that as well when youre setting up woo. (Probably jetpack)

As for gateways, not sure what you mean? I havent had any trouble using any gateway so far.

• @serv_ee said:
    As to monitor, yes you can. I cant remember the plugin but it automatically suggest you to install that as well when youre setting up woo. (Probably jetpack)

As for gateways, not sure what you mean? I havent had any trouble using any gateway so far.

what i want is to offer full ecommerce service to new businesses without charging for hosting fee, lets say you are a customer, you come to my site, you directly buy a hosting service from me where you will get a pre-built site, you just add your logo, choose template and add products. then you go out do marketing and drive sales, when one of your clients buy from the site, payment will come to me as a master node. then i will charge a % from that order value and give you your sales money.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Oh yeah in that case I have no idea. Hopefully someone else knows

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Why don't you start coding from scratch?
    You want to become next shopify but with readymade scripts? :lol:

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

Magento allow to create a multi stores, need to modify software to archive shopify, if you do select any software you are still need to modify it as no such thin as shopify one click installer open source software!

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:
    Magento allow to create a multi stores, need to modify software to archive shopify, if you do select any software you are still need to modify it as no such thin as shopify one click installer open source software!

Magento with multi-stores is an option but they will be pretty intertwined, and providing an administration/backoffice panel for the end-user would be difficult.

Your best option is a custom solution, really. Any hacked together Wordpress solution will be a terrible experience to manage with more than a couple customers. If you do Wordpress or multi-sites, that also means you'll need to have possibly hundreds of stores running under the same Wordpress installation. Seems risky to me but it is doable.

• @ViridWeb said:
    Why don't you start coding from scratch?
    You want to become next Shopify but with readymade scripts? :lol:

i don't need whole Shopify as this will be like local targeted product, and building something from scratch won't be cost-efficient for me.

• @Hassan said:

@WebProject said:

Magento with multi-stores is an option but they will be pretty intertwined, and providing an administration/backoffice panel for the end-user would be difficult.

Your best option is a custom solution, really. Any hacked together Wordpress solution will be a terrible experience to manage with more than a couple customers. If you do Wordpress or multi-sites, that also means you'll need to have possibly hundreds of stores running under the same Wordpress installation. Seems risky to me but it is doable.

i am looking for a custom solution from pre-coded scripts. as each customer will either have a subdomain under my main domain, or customers will have their own custom domain for each instance. building the whole thing from scratch will cost more then what i can make from this.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@fahim5001 said:

@Hassan said:

@WebProject said:

i am looking for a custom solution from pre-coded scripts. as each customer will either have a subdomain under my main domain, or customers will have their own custom domain for each instance. building the whole thing from scratch will cost more then what i can make from this.

In that case I think your best option is to just sell shared hosting plans with Wordpress and WooCommerce preinstalled. You can have some templates you buy from themeforest that you can offer to customers too. You can also make some wordpress scripts to help you administer and maintain the various wordpress sites. You can also look into some sort of dockerized solution. The only problem is Wordpress and WooCommerce aren't really drag-and-drop, you need some code knowledge to really get a great store up and running

Thanked by 1fahim5001
  • 1.Install Woocommerce in WordPress.
    2. Buy wcfm ultimate with all addons.
    3. Setup payment with PayPal or stripe
    4. Allow only virtual product types
    5. Onboard vendors
    6. Setup Admin commission as 5%

• cazrzcazrz Member

Woocommerce, then just give your clients editor group. Manage all sites using jetpack or something like mainwp.

• In that case I think your best option is to just sell shared hosting plans with Wordpress and WooCommerce preinstalled. You can have some templates you buy from themeforest that you can offer to customers too. You can also make some wordpress scripts to help you administer and maintain the various wordpress sites. You can also look into some sort of dockerized solution. The only problem is Wordpress and WooCommerce aren't really drag-and-drop, you need some code knowledge to really get a great store up and running

yeah, i am aware of that, the problem is, i am targeting local people with zero knowledge of computing, giving them a backend panel and non-drag and drop option will freak them out. its hard enough for me to push Shopify to them with drag and drop features.

• RoboCainRoboCain Member
    edited May 2020

If you're interested in doing E-commerce and are already making some money, I think Simvoly offers a nice setup. Their product is made to be a Shopify alternative and has a lot of integrations that can help you. I mean that's who I would go with, if I was planning to run a bonafied money making business selling products online.

• @cazrz said:
    Woocommerce, then just give your clients editor group. Manage all sites using jetpack or something like mainwp.

i will research into that. ty

@Intelpentium0 said:
    1.Install Woocommerce in WordPress.
    2. Buy wcfm ultimate with all addons.
    3. Setup payment with PayPal or stripe
    4. Allow only virtual product types
    5. Onboard vendors
    6. Setup Admin commission as 5%

this whole bundle looks very promising, i will look into this. do you happen to know the creator of the plugin?

• I recommend use woocommerce :)