Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡NVMe KVM VPS - 2GB RAM $30/year ⚡APAC SSD KVM - 4GB RAM $60/year ⚡ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

⚡NVMe KVM VPS - 2GB RAM $30/year ⚡APAC SSD KVM - 4GB RAM $60/year ⚡

2»

Comments

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    edited May 2020

@Akuu said:
    I really need help...after purchase last month I still can't login to VPS. Can anyone help to and show me every step how can I set up the VPS. I am totally new. I wanted to do like a normal VPS. I already install Cestos8 and now I trying to install CPanel so I can host my website. Problem is I have been trying to login from noVNC Console
    login: root
    Password: (I can't type anything for the password)

You need a managed vps friend. Even then, you need to read and learn a bit on basic server administration skills.

I have a service with GCV and they are a reliable provider until now(probably its just around 2-3 months).

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • OujiOuji Member

ernie88 said: By the way, grabbed NVMePromo-1 deal in Chicago from GreenCloudVPS to substitute my HostHatch node which had network issues. So the new VPS works like a charm and better than the previous one.

Which node were you having issues? I have a 2GB with them and the only reason I'm planning to keep is because virtual private networking and the 10TB BW, but the VPS itself has been presenting itself kind slow, not sure why. Even an apt update and upgrade are slow. Would you recommend your new acquired VPS over HH?

• ernie88ernie88 Member
    edited May 2020

Ouji said: ...the VPS itself has been presenting itself kind slow, not sure why. Even an apt update and upgrade are slow.

Had the same issues. Any SSH command involving network could take 5-8 seconds delay. Later I realized that WP admin threw 5xx errors at me because of that: 5 sec + WP scripts execution time. At the same time disk i/o was great over 1GB/s and bench.sh showed good DL speeds.

Ouji said: Would you recommend your new acquired VPS over HH?

Yes, VPS in Chicago which I'm on works great. The same fast VPS and network as HH have but without those mentioned glitches. Before choosing a location I ran ping tests on each GreenCloudVPS test IP to find the best for me, https://tools.keycdn.com/ping

Thanked by 2Ouji NDTN
  • OujiOuji Member

ernie88 said: Had the same issues. Any SSH command involving network could take 5-8 seconds delay. Later I realized that WP admin threw 5xx errors at me because of that: 5 sec + WP scripts execution time. At the same time disk i/o was great over 1GB/s and bench.sh showed good DL speeds.

For some reason your mention didn't appear in my notifications.

Hmm. Very weird. I guess I'm gonna let it go as it is due tomorrow. I'm gonna run a few more tests before making the call.

ernie88 said: Yes, VPS in Chicago which I'm on works great. The same fast VPS and network as HH have but without those mentioned glitches. Before choosing a location I ran ping tests on each GreenCloudVPS test IP to find the best for me, https://tools.keycdn.com/ping

Yeah, for me Chicago and Atantla with the latter taking the top. If I go with them, I will probably go with Atlanta. Just went Chicago with HH for the DDoS protection and extra BW.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@phucvandinh said:
    Do you support custom iso?

Unfortunately we dont support custom ISO now, we have CentOS 7, CentOS 8, Debian 10 & Ubuntu 20 iso available via SolusVM Control panel.

@Ouji said:

ernie88 said: Had the same issues. Any SSH command involving network could take 5-8 seconds delay. Later I realized that WP admin threw 5xx errors at me because of that: 5 sec + WP scripts execution time. At the same time disk i/o was great over 1GB/s and bench.sh showed good DL speeds.

For some reason your mention didn't appear in my notifications.

Hmm. Very weird. I guess I'm gonna let it go as it is due tomorrow. I'm gonna run a few more tests before making the call.

ernie88 said: Yes, VPS in Chicago which I'm on works great. The same fast VPS and network as HH have but without those mentioned glitches. Before choosing a location I ran ping tests on each GreenCloudVPS test IP to find the best for me, https://tools.keycdn.com/ping

Yeah, for me Chicago and Atantla with the latter taking the top. If I go with them, I will probably go with Atlanta. Just went Chicago with HH for the DDoS protection and extra BW.

Just let you know that we do have DDOS protection in Chicago too, thanks!

• ernie88ernie88 Member

Ouji said: Hmm. Very weird. I guess I'm gonna let it go as it is due tomorrow. I'm gonna run a few more tests before making the call.

It became weirder after I have completely reinstalled OS (Ubuntu 18.04). SSH command delays became more obvious then. So it had nothing with I how had set up the VPS.