Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay Away From digitalbs.co.uk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay Away From digitalbs.co.uk

Here is my Horrible experience digitalbs.co.uk

(I bought 2 cpanel account after seeing their sale thread at LET)

I (had) two different cpanel account with these guys, one was for my personal use, and one was for my client. I bought 2nd account for my client a month ago, and he started to face establishing database connection error from day 1. I asked their live chat support to lock into the issue, and they replied me that they are unable to replicate the issue.

On 3rd of May, my client again told me that he is facing the same error again and again, so i contacted the ticket support, on 8th of May they told me that there was a server issue which is resolve now, but actually it was not. So on 14th of May i asked them to cancel and refund my account in question. But after contacting several times via live chat and updating the ticket, they haven't cancelled my account.

So, today i saw their sale thread at Share hosting forum (thread link given above), and i replied the thread by saying "Have you guys ever tried to look at your support ticket log? I am sure there are plenty of them, waiting for your reply. Including #256872

My rating for your support and services are 1/10.."

They immediately replied to the thread (we shared some "harsh" words), but in the mean time i got their email regarding refund of said account, But with a surprise.

They also cancelled my 1 account, without even letting me know about that, even not allowing me to take the backup for this account, and when i asked them at support ticket about this. This is the reply i got.

From our terms of service:

Public Feedback

We have a zero tolerance policy for posting negative feedback on any public locations about our company and/or our employees before submitting a ticket to our "Suggestions & Complaints" Department to discuss your issue, this will result in immediate account termination without any refund.

Although it is your right to post feedback without discussing your issue with us first, it is undoubtedly unfair and unprofessional not to, which is not the type of client that we want to deal with. We have the utmost respect for all of our clients, and are more than fair with all of our clients. We will do anything and everything possible to keep all of our clients satisfied. But in the unlikely event you are not satisfied, all that we ask is to discuss your issue with our Complaints Department first. For example, if you are the type of person to run to the forums at the first chance you get to complain, please DO NOT SIGNUP with Inc in the first place.

Furthermore, all of our policies that pertain to keeping information given to us confidential including but not limited to our privacy policy, confidentiality agreement, non-disclose agreement are nullified once you discuss your experience publicly. For example, if you make a negative post in public, then you are waiving your protection of privacy. >

This is how they are gone treat you when you complain.

I hope you guys here help me with this issue, and see if i am wrong, and they have done the right thing to me, or i am the victim here. As i have lost my $$ along with my website backup.

Total damage is hosting price is $40.

Now they are not returning my money and not allowing me to take backups.

Comments

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2020

digitalBS ?
    (Ya pays yer money, ya take their shit.)

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@raadmunir said:
    Here is my Horrible experience digitalbs.co.uk

(I bought 2 cpanel account after seeing their sale thread at LET)

I (had) two different cpanel account with these guys, one was for my personal use, and one was for my client. I bought 2nd account for my client a month ago, and he started to face establishing database connection error from day 1. I asked their live chat support to lock into the issue, and they replied me that they are unable to replicate the issue.

On 3rd of May, my client again told me that he is facing the same error again and again, so i contacted the ticket support, on 8th of May they told me that there was a server issue which is resolve now, but actually it was not. So on 14th of May i asked them to cancel and refund my account in question. But after contacting several times via live chat and updating the ticket, they haven't cancelled my account.

So, today i saw their sale thread at Share hosting forum (thread link given above), and i replied the thread by saying "Have you guys ever tried to look at your support ticket log? I am sure there are plenty of them, waiting for your reply. Including #256872

My rating for your support and services are 1/10.."

They immediately replied to the thread (we shared some "harsh" words), but in the mean time i got their email regarding refund of said account, But with a surprise.

They also cancelled my 1 account, without even letting me know about that, even not allowing me to take the backup for this account, and when i asked them at support ticket about this. This is the reply i got.

From our terms of service:

Public Feedback

We have a zero tolerance policy for posting negative feedback on any public locations about our company and/or our employees before submitting a ticket to our "Suggestions & Complaints" Department to discuss your issue, this will result in immediate account termination without any refund.

Although it is your right to post feedback without discussing your issue with us first, it is undoubtedly unfair and unprofessional not to, which is not the type of client that we want to deal with. We have the utmost respect for all of our clients, and are more than fair with all of our clients. We will do anything and everything possible to keep all of our clients satisfied. But in the unlikely event you are not satisfied, all that we ask is to discuss your issue with our Complaints Department first. For example, if you are the type of person to run to the forums at the first chance you get to complain, please DO NOT SIGNUP with Inc in the first place.

Furthermore, all of our policies that pertain to keeping information given to us confidential including but not limited to our privacy policy, confidentiality agreement, non-disclose agreement are nullified once you discuss your experience publicly. For example, if you make a negative post in public, then you are waiving your protection of privacy. >

This is how they are gone treat you when you complain.

I hope you guys here help me with this issue, and see if i am wrong, and they have done the right thing to me, or i am the victim here. As i have lost my $$ along with my website backup.

Total damage is hosting price is $40.

Now they are not returning my money and not allowing me to take backups.

And you blame them for your inexperience to take backups?

• @plumberg said:

Have you read the whole post?

• Its about their support and behavior to their client, means you can't complaint about their service or support, else they are going to terminate your account without returning your money.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • plumbergplumberg Veteran

@raadmunir said:
    Its about their support and behavior to their client, means you can't complaint about their service or support, else they are going to terminate your account without returning your money.

It's a little shitty. But you did signup for the service. So who is to blame, really?

@raadmunir said:

@plumberg said:

Have you read the whole post?

Yes

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    digitalBS ?
    (Ya pays yer money, ya take their shit.)

As simple as That.

• SgrocksSgrocks Member

so digital bull shi*?

• LeviLevi Member

Literally Digital Bull Shit and still buying services :D this made my day. Thank you.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited May 2020

@raadmunir why don't you tag the provider here. This should be fun. @digitalbs

@raadmunir said:
    Furthermore, all of our policies that pertain to keeping information given to us confidential including but not limited to our privacy policy, confidentiality agreement, non-disclose agreement are nullified once you discuss your experience publicly. For example, if you make a negative post in public, then you are waiving your protection of privacy.

This is just a dick move. It's like saying, if you post negative feedback on the public forum, We will share your confidential data to whoever we want. Now that is simply stupid.

Thanked by 2WSCallum zenki
  • AndruAndru Member

back to communism. I like it 😁😁

• I have already shared the same story at WHT, and looks like they've removed their sales threads too. At the time i posted the story, they were having a sticky / paid thread their, and they haven't even commented on my thread their.

• edited May 2020

Basically they did everything fairly decently until the part about terminating the account, punishing negative feedback is only done by a company who fears what their customers have to say. Also outright refusing a refund if according to their terms you can obtain one is shitty too.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I think they deserve 2/10 instead of 1/10.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@yokowasis said

This is just a dick move. It's like saying, if you post negative feedback on the public

forum, We will share your confidential data to whoever we want. Now that is simply stupid.

Does this fly with GDPR

Well, this thread reminds me of a certain someone who leaked his client's personal data just because he didn't like him.

• Let this be a lesson. If you are remotely going to piss some hosts, make sure you have backup all of your data before doing so.

Shouldn't that be a common sense?

I mean, if you are going to leave a house for good, you should grab your stuff before doing so.

• @vyas11 said:

@yokowasis said

This is just a dick move. It's like saying, if you post negative feedback on the public

forum, We will share your confidential data to whoever we want. Now that is simply stupid.

Does this fly with GDPR

As someone who has had a very lengthy conversation with his lawyer on data policy and specifically GDPR obligations, no it absolutely does not.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:
    Basically they did everything fairly decently until the part about terminating the account, punishing negative feedback is only done by a company who fears what their customers have to say. Also outright refusing a refund if according to their terms you can obtain one is shitty too.

You mean its pretty decent to call your client Ignorant, by stating that you were unable to solve the issue due to Pandemic? But you were able to create new sales threads every other day.

And instead of apologizing, just terminate their account and steal their money.

Honestly how many of buyers read host's legal page? may be a few.

• @deank said:

I mean, if you are going to leave a house for good, you should grab your stuff before doing so.

No, he does not intend to leave the house. He intends to shame the house owner on the public, and expected not to get kicked from the house.

As @Nekki would have said, fucking millennials.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Why you post negative review without taking backup and migrating your account to other host. :-?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Why you post negative review without taking backup and migrating your account to other host. :-?

I saw the thread on WHT and he didn't really leave a review, he responded to their thread asking for them to check the ticket, but fair enough he said he rated their support 1/10 - I still wouldn't count that as a review though. Terminating service and threatening to make their data public because they failed to reply to a support ticket is rather extreme

• DewlanceVPS said: Why you post negative review without taking backup and migrating your account to other host.

Why you buy fake reviews?

Thanked by 1Marx
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member

Wait so...you people are really blaming this on OP right now?

Terminating for a bad review...I mean, sure what ever its their right but who even does that? Scam artists.

Not refunding, depending where youre from thats illegal.

Waving your rights to privacy, lmao, thats not how it works.

Thanked by 2zenki Demindiro
    edited May 2020

OP can certainly be blamed for his thoughtless actions.

This whole mess could have easily been avoided if he was able to suppress his PMS.

Yes, the host is also at fault but most of webhosts are jerks to begin with.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Maybe Im missing something here then..

edited May 2020

The gist from this sad story is -

Don't go PMS when your opponent holds most of cards.

In other words, OP should have done what he has done AFTER he has gotten off from his host, not during.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

Well true.

And dont trust hosts who have "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit" as their About info.

Oh god.

Thanked by 2t0m teek
  • @yokowasis said:

@deank said:

No, he does not intend to leave the house. He intends to shame the house owner on the public, and expected not to get kicked from the house.

Where I live shaming the home owner is not a valid reason to have a lease or rental agreement terminated. The ability of customers to express their opinion about a service freely is a bedrock of a healthy market and creating an atmosphere of fear and intimidation against negative reviews is hurting the industry at large.