Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a 128G ram 16 cores server, reasonable price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a 128G ram 16 cores server, reasonable price

Hi friends,

I am using nocix.net for years, as project growing, I am reaching its capacity. So looking for a new provider.

128G ram or up
16 cores or up
1T ssd or up

budge 100 or less :)

any suggest would be appreciated.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

have you considered multiple smaller servers instead?

• @MikeA said:
    have you considered multiple smaller servers instead?

No, all in one would be better to manage.

• AndruAndru Member

Hetzner?

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • edited May 2020

At that scale Hetzner is probably your best bet, their AX-51-NVMe gives you 8 cores 16 threads and 128 GB of DDR4 ECC for 84 euros and 2 1 TB SSD's. If you need a true 16 core keep an eye on their Server Auction for an E5 v4 dual socket but that one may be quite a bit above 100.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Ouji
  • @AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:
    At that scale Hetzner is probably your best bet, their AX-51-NVMe gives you 8 cores 16 threads and 128 GB of DDR4 ECC for 84 euros and 2 1 TB SSD's. If you need a true 16 core keep an eye on their Server Auction for an E5 v4 dual socket but that one may be quite a bit above 100.

Thx a lot. indeed a great deal. just they don't install esxi.

• @let3j8net said:

@AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:

Thx a lot. indeed a great deal. just they don't install esxi.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/VMware_ESXi/en

according to that link AX-51 compatible with vsphere 6.7 update 2 ..

if you order additional IPs you need either to use spesific mac address on vmnic ( https://nickcharlton.net/posts/configuring-esxi-6-on-hetzner.html ) or configure hetzner virtual switch ( https://community.hetzner.com/tutorials/vsphere-vswitch-subnet ) ..

actually i am interested with AX-51-NVME too for my esxi lab, but their setup fee make me reconsider this ...

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

WebNX?

You can contact their sales team for server with 128GB RAM under $100.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Can't it be around 110$-120$ or so?

• Best bet in that budget isnt the ax51-nvme but the ax61-nvme which is new; https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax61-nvme - 12 core ryzen 3900x with 128G ram for €84 - It is in finland though but that location is improving.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ax61-nvme indeed sounds charming, better cpu performance, larger storage.

I have 4 concerns.

1) 3900x is a entry level desktop CPU. Will it be capable to continue running for years even decades?
    2) I locate in Canada, a bit worried about latency. Planning to buy a cloud to test it out.
    3) Do I have to pay VAT tax?
    4) Do they accept USD/CAD currency payment? The bankers here are greedy, they normally charge 2.5-3% for foreign currency payment.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@let3j8net said:
    1) 3900x is a entry level desktop CPU. Will it be capable to continue running for years even decades?

Processors generally don't die like a SSD. Doesn't matter if it's meant for consumer use or enterprise use.

Thanked by 1let3j8net
  • @let3j8net said:
    ax61-nvme indeed sounds charming, better cpu performance, larger storage.

I have 4 concerns.

2) I locate in Canada, a bit worried about latency. Planning to buy a cloud to test it out.
    3) Do I have to pay VAT tax?
    4) Do they accept USD/CAD currency payment? The bankers here are greedy, they normally charge 2.5-3% for foreign currency payment.

Desktop CPUs have been used in servers for some time but not as mainstream as the recent Ryzens, who knows how long they will last in a server environment as they are a new product, they "should" be fine but if you aren't comfortable with it then look for server grade hardware - There was also some reports from users on this forum of cooling issues with Ryzens in Hetzner, and they were running at high temperatures which would decrease their lifespan. The important thing to remember is Hetzner would be responsible for replacing this hardware anyway, but that doesn't take away from the fact you could suffer downtime in the years to come.

Its worth noting though if you want higher grade, modern hardware the specs you're looking for on that budget are going to be hard to do except with Hetzner, and perhaps the odd one or two others.

Outside EU you wont have to pay VAT, and for currency conversions perhaps just pay via paypal? Although their currency conversion isn't great either.

Thanked by 1let3j8net
  • OujiOuji Member

WSCallum said: Desktop CPUs have been used in servers for some time but not as mainstream as the recent Ryzens, who knows how long they will last in a server environment as they are a new product, they "should" be fine but if you aren't comfortable with it then look for server grade hardware - There was also some reports from users on this forum of cooling issues with Ryzens in Hetzner, and they were running at high temperatures which would decrease their lifespan. The important thing to remember is Hetzner would be responsible for replacing this hardware anyway, but that doesn't take away from the fact you could suffer downtime in the years to come.

Its worth noting though if you want higher grade, modern hardware the specs you're looking for on that budget are going to be hard to do except with Hetzner, and perhaps the odd one or two others.

Outside EU you wont have to pay VAT, and for currency conversions perhaps just pay via paypal? Although their currency conversion isn't great either.

>

I mean, Hetzer still uses i7-3770 and i7-4770 on their auction servers and people are still all over those servers, even if those processor are lots of years old.

• @Ouji said:

WSCallum said: Desktop CPUs have been used in servers for some time but not as mainstream as the recent Ryzens, who knows how long they will last in a server environment as they are a new product, they "should" be fine but if you aren't comfortable with it then look for server grade hardware - There was also some reports from users on this forum of cooling issues with Ryzens in Hetzner, and they were running at high temperatures which would decrease their lifespan. The important thing to remember is Hetzner would be responsible for replacing this hardware anyway, but that doesn't take away from the fact you could suffer downtime in the years to come.

>

I mean, Hetzer still uses i7-3770 and i7-4770 on their auction servers and people are still all over those servers, even if those processor are lots of years old.

Exactly, I would expect Ryzens to be fine for a good few years in a server environment, at the very least.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Closer to your budget would be hetzner or with current ovh promo ADVANCE-LE : https://www.ovh.com/world/deals/