Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a small under $10 yearly vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a small under $10 yearly vps

raza19raza19 Veteran
edited May 2020 in General

Hi,

I have been away from LET for a while now. Most of the oldtimers here dont seem to be active anymore. Offers like Fran's openvpn are gone, can't see Anthony's posts either.

Can anyone please recommend a small annual box from a reliable provider, I need to run some basic scripts, a vpn maybe. Openvz will do.

Thank you

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited May 2020

There's one offer thread on the main page that could fulfil this:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164715/gullos-hosting-littlevz-8-year-dirt-cheap-dedicated-ip-vps-in-the-uk

Cam is a good guy, it even comes with 1 IPv4 :)

Thanked by 4raza19 Cam default Unixfy
  • weivinweivin Member

I have azure student account, 100 credits, can use 1H1G machine for 10 months, only need 10 dollars

@weivin said:
    I have azure student account, 100 credits, can use 1H1G machine for 10 months, only need 10 dollars

Sorry but no. We don't allow selling of education accounts here.

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@weivin said:

Sorry but no. We don't allow selling of education accounts here.

You know few years ago I had a similar debate against selling of legacy google apps account by some members. But no one listened and several accounts were terminated by google after they figured out they changed hands.

I welcome this change in policy (y).

@raza19 said:
    You know few years ago I had a similar debate against selling of legacy google apps account by some members. But no one listened and several accounts were terminated by google after they figured out they changed hands.

I welcome this change in policy (y).

The issue here is education / non-profit accounts are meant for the original purpose only. I don't understand why some people would like to spoil it.

If there are more and more abuse, it affects the actual students who really want to use it for learning purposes.

Generally the rule of thumb is don't be a dick. Based on my findings this particular user also sell G Suite for Education Admin Account. That's clearly violating the terms of services and we don't tolerate such behaviour here.

Thanked by 2raza19 maverickp
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

+1 for offer by @Cam

Also check out the offer by @virtono a little north of your $ 10 (I am assuming it is US $ 10) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164664/stayhome-workremote-special-discounts-inside#latest

Thanked by 3raza19 Cam virtono
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

If you are still looking for the offers, please look at our LEB Offers here:

HostNamaste – OpenVZ VPS from $10/Year in Los Angeles, Dallas, Jacksonville, USA and France, Europe

• If you are still looking, take a look at http://lowendstock.com/deals/. Of those listed and meeting your budget requirement, perhaps you could try HostSailor. I have 2 VPSes from them, with uptime like:

$ uptime
     07:53:06 up 161 days,  6:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05

(Romania, $10.09/year, not a deal from lowendstock)

$ uptime
     07:52:32 up 300 days, 13:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

(Netherlands, $6.60/year)

Thanked by 2default Rami
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@chihcherng said:
    If you are still looking, take a look at http://lowendstock.com/deals/. Of those listed and meeting your budget requirement, perhaps you could try HostSailor. I have 2 VPSes from them, with uptime like:

$ uptime
    >  07:53:06 up 161 days,  6:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05

$ uptime
    >  07:52:32 up 300 days, 13:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

Hmm.. a site with aff links and no SSL.... in 2020, I thought this combination did not exit.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vyas11 said:
    Hmm.. a site with aff links and no SSL.... in 2020, I thought this combination did not exit.

No SSL? OMG!!! We'll all die! No such agency will find out that we were looking for cheap VPSs!!!

(They'd know with SSL too but we shouldn't allow facts to taint our great "encrypt! everything! always!!!" religion).

• defaultdefault Veteran

@vyas11 said:

Regarding aff links, nothing is wrong with people trying to make an honest buck. They do not take your money by providing some links for you.

Regarding SSL: it only encrypts data in transit, which is useful for passwords and sensitive information to not be captured by others. I do not see anything sensitive in some aff links and some online offers. Are you affiliated with Google or something? (because they are the ones who started all this "not secure" insanity to make more money).

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 2020

Yawn.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2020

@default said:
    Regarding SSL: it only encrypts data in transit, which is useful for passwords and sensitive information to not be captured by others. I do not see anything sensitive in some aff links and some online offers. Are you affiliated with Google or something? (because they are the ones who started all this "not secure" insanity to make more money).

I don't think it's just or mainly Google. From what I see it is or at least has become a large global clueless crowd but yes, Google was one of the major players driving the religion. Sadly those fanatical believers seriously believe that SSL/TLS can protect them from nsa & Co plus, and probably more grave, they fail to understand that SSL/TLS actually can create problems. One ugly example being that https is quite useful for DDOS attacks and thanks to the SSL designers and enforcers there is pretty much no defense other than throwing loads of money and large CDNs at it (which however contradicts the very purpose of SSL/TLS).

• defaultdefault Veteran

@vyas11 said:
    everything wrong in not declaring them.

Wrong. People here are forced to declare affiliated links because of the rules of this board, which apply only here. But on another website, the owner can do whatever he/she wants on his/her own website. Outside LET, you are no longer bound (or "protected") by LET rules.

Maybe you should stay away and not visit other websites, especially the ones that contain offers, because who knows what malicious affiliated links it contains, trying to steal your data. And if you see a phpBB forum, be very careful, as these have a plugin installed by default, which provides affiliated links for phpBB team to make money.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@default said:

@vyas11 said:
    everything wrong in not declaring them.

Wrong. People here are forced to declare affiliated links because of the rules of this board, which apply only here. But on another website, the owner can do whatever he/she wants on his/her own website. Outside LET, you are no longer bound (or "protected") by LET rules.

Maybe you should stay away and not visit other websites, especially the ones that contain offers, because who knows what malicious affiliated links it contains, trying to steal your data. And if you see a phpBB forum, be very careful, as these have a plugin installed by default, which provides affiliated links for phpBB team to make money.

More yawn

• defaultdefault Veteran

@vyas11 said:
    Yawn.

@vyas11 said:
    More yawn

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 2020

@default said:

@vyas11 said:
    Yawn.

@vyas11 said:
    More yawn

The caption in the image you posted is indeed interesting... ignorance is indeed bliss

Quote from the article

So where did the myth that they bury their heads in the sand originate? Call it good parenting.

When it's time to start a family, the ostrich digs a massive hole measuring between 6 and 8 feet wide and 2 to 3 feet deep. They bury the eggs safely in the ground, then mom and dad take turns sitting on the eggs to protect them until they're ready to hatch. A few times a day, the ostrich parents dip their heads below the ground to gently turn the eggs using their beaks [source: American Ostrich Association]. This relatively brief head-duck -- which lasts only as long as it takes the ostrich to inspect and arrange the eggs to its satisfaction -- may have given rise to the head-burying myth.

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/birds/do-ostriches-really-bury-heads-in-sand.htm

And oh it is a site with a ssl cert. Sorry could not find one without

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@vyas11 said:
    And oh it is a site with a ssl cert. Sorry could not find one without

Yawn.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2020

Regarding ethernetservers - anyone knows what virtualization they use?

Disregard. They use OpenVZ. Partial answer in their knowledgebase: https://www.ethernetservers.com/clients/knowledgebase/194/Can-you-enable-loop-device-support.html

• RecDRecD Member

You can always find deals under 10 in offers category [/categories/offers].
    And my answer is Virmach

• add_iTadd_iT Member

@vyas11 said:

@chihcherng said:
    If you are still looking, take a look at http://lowendstock.com/deals/. Of those listed and meeting your budget requirement, perhaps you could try HostSailor. I have 2 VPSes from them, with uptime like:

$ uptime
    > >  07:53:06 up 161 days,  6:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05

$ uptime
    > >  07:52:32 up 300 days, 13:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

Which node are your romanian vps?
    OVZ or KVM?

I have 512mb romanian kvm with them , but my vm always got random shutdown, especially when i try to update OS (currently with debian 8)

Although my OVZ vps in NL with them looks fine until now

• add_iT said: Which node are your romanian vps? OVZ or KVM?

vz02ro, OpenVZ.