Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ImpactVPS/ImpactShared Acquired
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ImpactVPS/ImpactShared Acquired

doghouchdoghouch Member
edited February 2020 in Providers

I just got this email from Subnet Labs titled "ImpactVPS - A Step in The Right Direction":

Hello Aaron,

Today is a bittersweet day for me. I am here to announce both an end of the old and a new beginning. I am announcing that Impact VPS and Impact Shared are being transferred to Impact Host Ltd. - a sister company of AlphaVPS and DA International Group Ltd. , Led by Alex Barakov and Vesko Vasilev.

Now I know whenever people hear "sale", "transfer" or "acquisition" people naturally feel nervous - and that's completely normal! Will things change, will it lose its soul, etc. ? I am here to assure you that this won't be the case here. It's understandable to be skeptical about all acquisitions, but in fact, the people behind this transfer aren't new to Impact VPS at all. I have been working with these people since even before Impact VPS existed. They have ran the night time (US) support for us since the beginning of the brand and have been handling the day to day operations for the last 2 and a half years already. They are not new to this business and have the same passion that I have had for it. 

When I first thought of exiting the industry back in the summer of 2019, Alex and Vesko were the first people I've reached out to,  as I know the brand and customers would be treated right with them and that they have the needed experience to grow it from here. With this transfer, they are finally empowered to make the improvements my lack of time has held them back from doing. More locations (Europe?!), hardware refreshes, software upgrades (the end of the vz6 era is near). There are many things that have been held back by my time being occupied, and them being limited in terms of responsibilities until now and I can't wait to see where it goes from here - because you, the customer, deserve better. 

Important Information worth noting:
- Your services are not being migrated, they are staying on the same hardware in the same locations, in the same brand. Additional and upgraded hardware is being added to the mix. Network upgrades are already happening!
- Your IP address is not changing, although, at some point in the future, there may be renumbering of certain services.
- The people answering support requests aren't changing, but new support team members will be onboarded shortly
- The base pricing is staying the same
- Big changes in terms of the platform are coming shortly (OpenVZ6 being retired is just an example)

Web hosting has been a passion of mine for quite a long time. I started my first business in the industry during high school which fueled my interest into a major in college. From there I turned the major into a career. Hopefully, this won't be the last I see some of you, though maybe you will see my other esports venture around sometime. 

If you have any questions at all about the change feel free to open a ticket in the support system and we will get an answer for you as soon as we can. 

Another email will follow, with further information from the company, introductions, and plans for the not so distant future.

Regards,
Alex Wacker
Founder
Subnet Labs LLC

AlphaVPS is a pretty reputable brand so I'm not too worried -- thanks @Awmusic12635 for all your hard work over the years! <3

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2020

Hi @doghouch,

Thank you for cross-posting it in here! I've been meaning to put up an announcement, however as you can guess it's been pretty busy over here! Lots of new things will be happening and I am excited to work, with @VeskoV, on this new project for us! Our team is working around the clock to make ImpactVPS a better place and we believe we will be able to significantly fuel its growth!

EDIT: Somehow posted it prior to writing the full post.

• A very positive experience with Impact VPS/Shared. Thank you and wish you luck!

• Same to me, good exp with ImpactVPS. I still keep 1 active VPS there, and have credit enough for one more year, so hopefully the transition is smooth :-)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

I am very confident you all will be more than happy with Alex and Vesko. They are already two familiar faces and have a lot they want to improve now that they have the capacity to do so.

Thanks for being such awesome customers over the years.

I should also clarify that this is only for Impact VPS / shared. Not Subnet Labs, that will be staying with me.

• Best of luck on your new venture @Awmusic12635. ImpactVPS has been a solid provider under your helm.

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    I am very confident you all will be more than happy with Alex and Vesko. They are already two familiar faces and have a lot they want to improve now that they have the capacity to do so.

I should also clarify that this is only for Impact VPS / shared. Not Subnet Labs, that will be staying with me.

what do you mean "Not Subnet Labs"? both impactvps/shared website's client area point to subnetlabs.com, will you just keep the domain/brand or you'll keeping running subnet labs with the "subnetlabs customer"?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Sounds good. Clients should not worry at all. Its in good hands.
    AlphaVPS are good business partners. I already see even more HQ Services being offered at ImpactVPS!

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

@Awmusic12635 said:

what do you mean "Not Subnet Labs"? both impactvps/shared website's client area point to subnetlabs.com, will you just keep the domain/brand or you'll keeping running subnet labs with the "subnetlabs customer"?

Hello,

Let me clear this out for you - the billing panel will be moved to a new domain shortly - impactvps.com (which is the main domain for ImpactVPS and ImpactShared), a redirect will be placed on the current billing panel URL - this is simply a URL change and nothing more. Alex is still in charge of certain enterprise customers of Subnet Labs LLC, who are being contacted privately. No changes will happen for either of the 2 customer bases - ImpactVPS (All VPS, VDR, KVMs and storage VPS), which is acquired by us under the company of Impact Host Ltd. and the customer base of Subnet Labs LLC (Which consists of some enterprise customers, not related to VPS). Alex simply wanted to point out that Subnet Labs LLC, as a company is his.

Should you have any concerns, simply open a ticket!

Thanked by 2VeskoV uptime
  • I found out about impact through a friend on this board. I've loved it for 3 or 4 years now. I filled out a support ticket and they say they're going to continue to honor the perpetual discount codes. Hopefully that stays the case. Their support has been awesome and I with everyone well in the transition.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I nailed it!

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3069976/#Comment_3069976

Alex evaded the questions refusing to give clear answers and even replied to my own post with a misleading statement. I'm sure if this was other host doing it, people would've been a lot harsher.

Thanked by 1doghouch
    edited February 2020

@Nyr said:
    I nailed it!

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3069976/#Comment_3069976

Alex evaded the questions refusing to give clear answers and even replied to my own post with a misleading statement. I'm sure if this was other host doing it, people would've been a lot harsher.

As the announcement suggests - this has been a work in progress since the summer of 2019. You can probably imagine that there was and still is a lot of work involved within everything. Our goal is to make the transition as seamless as possible and I am sure that we'll be able to achieve this, with the explicit help of @Awmusic12635 . We did not want to do any kind of public statements and announcements, prior everything is finalized, so please excuse the cryptic response to your message back in December! And I do want to point out that AlphaVPS is not acquiring ImpactVPS. Myself and @VeskoV are acquiring ImpactVPS via a newly formed company - Impact Host Ltd. There is no intention to merge the two brands at all - they will run as 2 separate entities, under 2 separate legal entities. The team behind is the same, of course.

• I got this email too. I have an ImpactShared plan and it's been more stable with less downtime (according to Uptime Robot) for me than BuyShared which gets tons of recommendations here.

The announcement is a bit jarring because, well, any change usually is. But it's nice to see the transparency. It's good to hear the promise of consistency in the service. Maybe the biggest question is what implications this has regarding privacy of personal information with the change of ownership and (I presume) jurisdiction.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2020

I'm looking forward to 2020, especially the OVZ7 upgrade. I was always concerned that Impact VPS didn't appear to grow or try (the datacenter page was wrong for years, they didn't advertise NVMe severs, they didn't respond to sales questions to Shared, etc). No new sales promotions...

I'm hoping the recent problems in Seattle are similar to when LetBox had some bad datacenter power luck and came back with great hardware, high bandwidth limits and speeds, dual power, etc and now it kicks serious ass.

I've consistently received very fast and helpful responses from their Support. We'll see how the Openvz migration happens. I'm chomping at the bit because firewalld has been broken since October on openvz hosts due to limited kernel modules. And I've got time off first week of March to re-setup a bunch of stuff, though I'd be surprised if they were still expecting to migrate by end of month after Seattle took a crap and used up their time. They probably expected to have emailed the plans since they were aiming to be done by end of February.

@AlexBarakov any idea what the new time frame for migration?

Thanks

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @Awmusic12635 said:

My bad. I've flagged the main thread to have it changed.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Awmusic12635
  • I don't have any services with Impact, but I've been very happy with my AlphaVPS ones for a number of years now in case anyone is worried about new people being involved.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Where the deals at? :smiley:

• With @AlexBarakov there won't be a problem with service.

Though am a new customer, am happy with the servers what they had offered.
    I hope their business model is sustainable b& hope to see them long years.

Anyway kudos to the team

• Nobody takes the tickets anymore at SubnetLabs! I still have an IP block that I need to renew and Paypal payment is not working.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

I have 2 boxes with Alphavps and working fine without issues. Support is not very quick( I remember one of the tickets took around 1-2 days). Not yet added to my signature list as it is only around 2-3 months with them(will decide after 3 more months of testing).

• I contacted AlphaVPS in case they could solve my problem, the only thing they did was "informing the team at SubnetLabs". 8 days my ticket is open, payment is due in 6 days. I just want to pay with Paypal for Christ sake! They should have transferred everything over at AlphaVPS! Now it's a real mess with SubnetLabs and ImpactVPS logo and URL all mixed up all over the site.

@JohnWinner said:
    I contacted AlphaVPS in case they could solve my problem, the only thing they did was "informing the team at SubnetLabs". 8 days my ticket is open, payment is due in 6 days. I just want to pay with Paypal for Christ sake! They should have transferred everything over at AlphaVPS! Now it's a real mess with SubnetLabs and ImpactVPS logo and URL all mixed up all over the site.

I am sorry, but as we're completely separate entities at this point, there's not much we can do, other than bump it to Alex. I can assure you that Alex won't simply revoke the IP range, even if you're overdue and am absolutely sure that he'll respond to your ticket, once he's able to attend to it.

• @AlexBarakov said:

I am sorry, but as we're completely separate entities at this point, there's not much we can do, other than bump it to Alex. I can assure you that Alex won't simply revoke the IP range, even if you're overdue and am absolutely sure that he'll respond to your ticket, once he's able to attend to it.

Ok, thanks for your input, I'll be patient.

This discussion has been closed.