Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of free and paid Raspberry Pi colocation services 10/2019 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of free and paid Raspberry Pi colocation services 10/2019

2»

Comments

• @Jord said:

@MarkLuun said:

@Edmond said:

@MarkLuun said:

@Edmond said:
    Is anyone able to list the prices on the thread itself for easier viewing? TIA

Would be a nice idea but i am not able to edit it any more. Very sad as i wanted to keep it actual.

Ask if the moderators are able to unlock it for you. They might be able to let you edit it again..

I did, but no respond till now.

OK I've spoken to @trewq, unfortunately this isn't possible. Sorry about that.

Ok, but thanks for your will to help.I will work over the list when i have time to and then post it as a new discussion.

• @Scottsman said:
    any UK providers?

Yes there is more then one in the list above. I tried to get in contact with galaxywebsolutions for some time now but this is harder then i expected. Their webchat does not work properly, their email filter blocks my email provider, no contact over facebook massage possible and their auto-phone callback service does not respond.
    I gave it up after all that. Sad because they seemed to be a good choise to me.

• @MarkLuun said:
    The company owner is a very nice and honest person too. Should be mentioned i think...
    I talked to him some time ago. Sadly for my kind of project the price did not fit.

Thanks the your insight, I also think it is important that the company or owner/staff can be trusted.

• how many of these are actual colocation? (bring your own pi to there)?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@MarkLuun said:

@Jord said:

@MarkLuun said:

@Edmond said:

@MarkLuun said:

@Edmond said:
    Is anyone able to list the prices on the thread itself for easier viewing? TIA

Would be a nice idea but i am not able to edit it any more. Very sad as i wanted to keep it actual.

Ask if the moderators are able to unlock it for you. They might be able to let you edit it again..

I did, but no respond till now.

OK I've spoken to @trewq, unfortunately this isn't possible. Sorry about that.

Ok, but thanks for your will to help.I will work over the list when i have time to and then post it as a new discussion.

No problem, just a limitation of the forum. You can keep this thread updated if you would like :) or maybe a google sheet haha.

• @MarkLuun said:

@Scottsman said:
    any UK providers?

Yes there is more then one in the list above. I tried to get in contact with galaxywebsolutions for some time now but this is harder then i expected. Their webchat does not work properly, their email filter blocks my email provider, no contact over facebook massage possible and their auto-phone callback service does not respond.

I've emailed a few providers over the last week and only mythic-beasts.com got back to me.
    Here's what they said:

Our PiCloud is based on dense units of Pi3 with no physical access to each device. As a result we don't accept them for colocation as there is no way to remove a Pi3 and send it back to the owner, nor access an empty slot to put another Pi in once the unit is up in production.

We're close to having Pi4 ready as a dedicated server on the same model.

If you want to colocate your own Pi4, you'd need to put it into a half depth rack mount case, wire up the serial (so you can recovery it remotely) and include a power pack that accepts an IEC C14 connector. We'd then colocate at our Mac Mini price (£20/month + VAT).

We're predicting that we'll be renting Pi4s in our cloud with network attached storage at around £7-£8/month by comparison.

• MarkLuunMarkLuun Member
    edited November 2019

@Scottsman said:

@MarkLuun said:

@Scottsman said:
    any UK providers?

I've emailed a few providers over the last week and only mythic-beasts.com got back to me.
    Here's what they said:

Our PiCloud is based on dense units of Pi3 with no physical access to each device. As a result we don't accept them for colocation as there is no way to remove a Pi3 and send it back to the owner, nor access an empty slot to put another Pi in once the unit is up in production.

We're close to having Pi4 ready as a dedicated server on the same model.

If you want to colocate your own Pi4, you'd need to put it into a half depth rack mount case, wire up the serial (so you can recovery it remotely) and include a power pack that accepts an IEC C14 connector. We'd then colocate at our Mac Mini price (£20/month + VAT).

We're predicting that we'll be renting Pi4s in our cloud with network attached storage at around £7-£8/month by comparison.

Yes, mythic-beasts.com does not really colocate in their standard package. They provide the device/virtual device. But „real colo“ was not asked for in the above message.

The providers i can recommend from my own widely tested experience are Easyserver in Austria and Finaltek in Czech Republic.
    They have the best price/ service value, support is fast, friendly and helps with ANY problem that appears and no hidden extra fees are added at the end of the order process.
    I am running some TOR nodes on both networks and they are placed good in their center.

And of course i am happy if you use my aff link if you decide to sign up at finaltek ;D. This will result in even more TOR nodes there:
    https://shop.finaltek.com/aff.php?aff=15

• But why? Its more expensive to host this than just get a VM or even the cheap atom dedis around. (assuming you'll be getting the paid colo). Why would people want this? I'd really like to know.

Also, I think its more economic for everybody to just let the datacenter buy the pi rather than send them yours. Pi are just like $60 or less.

This is really mind boggling for me.

• @kennsann said:
    But why? Its more expensive to host this than just get a VM or even the cheap atom dedis around. (assuming you'll be getting the paid colo). Why would people want this? I'd really like to know.

I think one major point, well at least for me, is that all cheap VMs you can get out there are all Intel (or at best AMD) based. With a Raspberry Pi you get an ARM CPU/architecture which is supposed to be safer than Intel. Think especially about Intel placing backdors in their chips and also at all the spectre, meltdown, MDS, etc vulnerabilities. I know ARM CPUs are also partly vulnerable to these attacks but never as bad as Intel.

Then Raspberry Pi is a small company based in the UK and not a mega and monopolistic company such as Intel. So I rather give my money to such as small company which is not profit-based than to fatten already super rich CEOs who lie and try to hide all their security issues.

Finally I also like that with a Raspberry Pi I get the full power of the machine which I do not have to share its resources with many other clients (some hosters pack hundreds of VMs on one single server). It is like you very own mini dedicated server with full power just for you.

• @kennsann said:

But why? Its more expensive to host this than just get a VM or even the cheap atom dedis around. (assuming you'll be getting the paid colo). Why would people want this? I'd really like to know.

Also, I think its more economic for everybody to just let the datacenter buy the pi rather than send them yours. Pi are just like $60 or less.

This is really mind boggling for me.

First thing, i agree with hostingnugg when it comes to the "my unshared device theme". I also learned the last years that DC providers agree faster to host one or two small TOR nodes in their network when the device running TOR is seperated to the mashine other clients use. I think its the fact that, should the Pi be intercepted MY hardware is gone and other clients stay uninterrupted. I can understand that point.
    And the fact its using 5-10€ energy in one year under full load (depends on the board) is sympathic too.

One more thing is that got access to over 25 of these boards, what was completely unexpected (Cubietrucks, Banana Pi's, Banana Pro's) and now i try to do something "worthy" with these small computers.

• Someone here tried this provider?
    https://raspberry-hosting.com/en
    Seems to have nice prices but i read some unhappy costumer reviews talking about hidden costs. They never answered my emails asking if its ok to host a TOR relay there. so i never had the chance to try myself.

• @MarkLuun said:
    I will collect a list of free and paid colo services for singleboard computers, like Raspberry Pi, here: (valid 10/2019)

Micron21- Australia

@MarkLuun - note that this used to be available to everyone, but now only available to Australian businesses.

• MarkLuunMarkLuun Member
    edited December 2019
  • rickygwsrickygws Member
    edited May 2020

@MarkLuun said:

@Scottsman said:
    any UK providers?

Hi All,

Ricky from Galaxy Web Solutions here.

I just wanted to let everyone here know that we resolved all of these issues a while ago and wanted to apologise to anyone who had difficulty trying to contact us.

We often respond within minutes to an hour during our office hours, so to hear that customers have tried contacting us and were unable to or didn't receive a response is not easy to hear and to be honest is quite embarrassing.

We discovered that our live chat icon was sometimes showing even if we weren't actually online, which led to some messages being unanswered.

We've also changed our phone system set up to ring multiple numbers at once rather than just one person and have changed our email filtering so there should be no difficulty in contacting us any more.

Finally, we also enabled the messaging feature on our Facebook page, prior to this the 'message' button on Facebook displayed our phone number.

We look forward to hearing from anyone looking for colocation or indeed any of the other hosting services we provide and apologise again to anyone who tried contacting us.

• Not sure why this thread got bumped half a year since it's last post, but I figured I'd contribute some new RPI hosts.
    Ikoula now offers RPI hosting in France
    DataIdeas In Dallas, TX

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@PineappleBox said:
    Not sure why this thread got bumped half a year since it's last post, but I figured I'd contribute some new RPI hosts.
    Ikoula now offers RPI hosting in France
    DataIdeas In Dallas, TX

Thank you for the shout out.
    Data Ideas LLC. is the main company name.
    RPIServers.com is in Spring, Texas

Thanked by 1PineappleBox
  • AlienData_Josh said: RPIServers.com is in Spring, Texas

Ah, my bad. Unfortunately it's too late to edit my message.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • Hi,

Dominik (one of the founders) of ExaMesh GmbH here.

We recently launched a new colocation service for Raspberries of all kinds. We operate our own decentralized edge data centers with our own infrastructure. The data centers are operated in wind or solar parks. A very nerdy colocation: decentralized, edge, green power :)
    And the real special feature: With us you can send in a Pi with your own USB-SSD.

https://examesh.de/en/instances/pi/colocation/

Cheers
    Dominik

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@picolo said:
    Hi,

Dominik (one of the founders) of ExaMesh GmbH here.

We recently launched a new colocation service for Raspberries of all kinds. We operate our own decentralized edge data centers with our own infrastructure. The data centers are operated in wind or solar parks. A very nerdy colocation: decentralized, edge, green power :)
    And the real special feature: With us you can send in a Pi with your own USB-SSD.

https://examesh.de/en/instances/pi/colocation/

Cheers
    Dominik

Which datacenter(s)?
    Test IP's or Looking Glass?