Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.6 tb storage -10 tb traffic 76 eur/year located in Romania
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3.6 tb storage -10 tb traffic 76 eur/year located in Romania

cociucociu Member
edited May 2020 in Offers

Hello LET people ,

have some time from my last offer, some of you was tag me so i decided to repeat one of our storage plan witch was in demand. Also please note this orders will be delivered in the next 7 days so if you place order please be patient and i am sure your order will be activated.

Here is the config and link :

Storage kvm 3.6tb

1 core
1 gb ram
3.6 tb Hdd
10tb traffic/mo
1 ipv4
Price : 76 eur/year

Link to buy : https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=447

Only 50 in stoc will be.

Any question ? you can post here.

Thanks all .

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2020

• deankdeank Member, Troll

All hail sister king, Cociu.

• benj0xbenj0x Member

Where's IPv6? 😪

Besides that: Great deal.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

I will help with questions 😂 for some users:
    What the network port speed? As 100Mbps it will be slow to pull 10TB per month.
    What raid do you use?
    Any uptime SLA?
    Support level?

Thanked by 1MarshalChe
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

benj0x said: Where's IPv6?

I don't think you'll see IPv6 in the near future. We are waiting for the announced native IPv6 for years. My support ticket to get notified when IPv6 will be available for my dedicated server has been on hold without progress for months. So stick to IPv4 if you can with these deals.

Besides that I want to add that the network has been pretty stable during the last weeks. Some may remember the high packet loss over months ending in a more or less unusable March with down to kilobits of throughput.

However it looks like they finally found the root cause, fixed anything, and since April the network - as observed from my dedicated server with 100 Mbps port speed - has been quite decent. There are still some peaks from time to time with packet loss and limited throughput, but lasting not longer than 10-15 minutes. Most of the time I can max out my 100 Mbps port speed so one can expect higher throughput on shared Gigabit hosts. Of course do not expect a perfect SLA-guaranteed connectivity within that budget. But for normal non business critical use cases I have been happy again over the last 6 weeks.

Or to let pictures talk, this is how a smokeping graph to Google currently looks like.
    Not perfect, but really good and usable.

So from a today's perspective, I can give a fair recommendation for supporting cociu and his team with this offer. ;)

• @cociu Just wanted to let you know that the TOS link at the end of the checkout is broken for me. http://en.hostsolutions.ro/about/tos

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Where's IPv6? 😪

Good question, in fact this is exactly the kind of plan which could be still useful to a lot of people if it was IPv6-only (making it cheaper).

• @rm_ said:

Where's IPv6? 😪

Good question, in fact this is exactly the kind of plan which could be still useful to a lot of people if it was IPv6-only (making it cheaper).

Agreed. I'd totally use it ipv6 only. I'd prefer it!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@WebProject said:

€76 per year! At say €228 per year it would be even slower (speed = 0 Mb/s) for many because they can't/don't want to afford that kind of money.

What raid do you use?

Good question.

Any uptime SLA?

Realistically? I guess in the 99% to 99.5% range. But then you pay less than €2 per month and TB.

Support level?

Quite reasonable since some months from what I hear.

• cociucociu Member

WebProject said: I will help with questions for some users:

What raid do you use?
    Any uptime SLA?
    Support level?

Ports speed 1gbps
    raid 5 or 10 depend of the node we will provide the order
    SLA , best effort i will let you try and after this you will give a review
    Support , normaly 24-48 hours except payments related or anything wich need my attencion (this will be delayed up to some days because i am full all this month)

• lorianlorian Member
    edited May 2020

@cociu said:
    Ports speed 1gbps

Thanks, I really needed a new offsite-backup-server.

But IPv6 would be nice... ;)

• @lorian said:

@cociu said:
    Ports speed 1gbps

Thanks, I really needed a new offsite-backup-server.

You and me both. This has come at a very good time, thank you.

But IPv6 would be nice... ;)

Hide your services behind Cloudflare, that will give you your IPv6+IPv4 easily :)

• @jsg said:

@WebProject said:

€76 per year! At say €228 per year it would be even slower (speed = 0 Mb/s) for many because they can't/don't want to afford that kind of money.

You're making less sense than cociu! Congrats.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@WebProject said:

😂🍿 I personally thought the jsg is member of staff at hostsolutions as he tried to answer before OP.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @WebProject said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@WebProject said:

😂🍿 I personally thought the jsg is member of staff at hostsolutions as he tried to answer before OP.

I left out the "why are you even replying?" in my previous post. Guessing and hearsay was something he absolutely needed to share, I guess.

edited May 2020

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@WebProject said:

Yes, my fault, I - erroneously as you demonstrate - assumed readers had a minimal IQ of about 90 and could follow.
    No problem, though, I'll explain it nice and slow for you:

€76 per year @ 3.6 TB disk space computes to €21.11 per TB space which again computes to €1.76 per TB per month.
    €228 per year happens to be 3 x €76 - which would be a price (a) many couldn't or wouldn't afford, and (b) a price actually leaving a nice margin to a provider as well as the opportunity to offer e.g. 500 Mb/s bandwidth.

So, what's the speed of a storage server one doesn't have? 0 Mb/s.

Btw, 3.6 TB per month happen to be about 1% of what one could push through a 1 Gb/s line, hence it also is 10% of what could be pushed through a 100 Mb/s line - or turned around, one could push 3.6 TB through a 100 Mb/s line within about 10% of an average months hours. That means that for a daily backup of about 120 GB about 1/3 of a night would be sufficient. Not too bad it seems.

@WebProject said:

Well, in fact I was the 7th responding to OP.

Fun fact: YOU responded quite a bit earlier than I did. So, is "WebProVPS" actually a shop front of HostingSolutions? According to your "logic" it highly likely is.

My point was that having some off site storage at all, even if not exactly fast and shiny, is highly desirable and the OP offer is quite attractive in terms of being affordable for those who can't spend a lot.

FWIW I happen to have one of OPs earlier storage offer (1 TB) and I can't complain, particularly since @MikePT works for their support.

Thanked by 3MikePT Rolter Pwner
  • Hello! @cociu Can you check my ticket #721144? Thank!

• @jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@WebProject said:

Yes, my fault, I - erroneously as you demonstrate - assumed readers had a minimal IQ of about 90 and could follow.

You need to print off this thread, bring it to your Doctor and ask for him to adjust your medication. Your break from reality is getting wider and wider each day. I do have compassion for your mental illness, but you have a responsibility to society to keep your medication in check.

€76 per year @ 3.6 TB disk space computes to €21.11 per TB space which again computes to €1.76 per TB per month.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES MONTHLY OR PER TB PRICING HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR PREVIOUS POST? This is some serious Trump side babbling going off on some tangent unrelated to what was being discussed to hide the fact the original answer was cuckoo. I've always doubted you have post secondary education, but if you did, sounds like its from Trump University.

€228 per year happens to be 3 x €76 -

Ok, good for you. You're trying to establish you have a 90 IQ by doing simple math, but you're too stunned to understand that 3 or €228 have no fucking bearing on this offer thread and is the whole point of my previous response. You're out to lunch in your own head and no one is there with you.

At say €228 per year it would be even slower (speed = 0 Mb/s) for many because they can't/don't want to afford that kind of money.

This is the stupidest fucking sentence I hope to read on the Internet today. Where is this 228 per year coming from after you just established its 76 per year? Three times the cost makes the speed of the disks slow down due to what the user can afford or chooses to buy? That's just dumb. Why is there a comparison to slower or 0 Mb/s when you're saying essentially one either buys it or doesn't? But it only slows down for "many" and not all? Seriously, there's endless ways you make no sense and are the very last person in the world who should be bringing up IQ scores.

which would be a price (a) many couldn't or wouldn't afford, and (b) a price actually leaving a nice margin to a provider as well as the opportunity to offer e.g. 500 Mb/s bandwidth.

Why are you commenting that a really good deal is too much for others to afford or buy it if they wanted? Like what the actual fuck are you thinking? Do you even know how to do "a)" and "b)" lists wrt to what you're trying to answer? Your list is fucking nonsense. I know English isn't your first language, but I don't understand where you've picked up some of your shitty English writing habits.

Jesus, go back to school and learn about dividing by zero and then stop talking like an idiot. What's the speed of the car you don't have?" 0 KM/h. Yea, sounded like a stupid fucking question and answer, right? Exactly.

Btw, 3.6 TB per month happen to be about 1% of what one could push through a 1 Gb/s line, hence it also is 10% of what could be pushed through a 100 Mb/s line - or turned around, one could push 3.6 TB through a 100 Mb/s line within about 10% of an average months hours. That means that for a daily backup of about 120 GB about 1/3 of a night would be sufficient. Not too bad it seems.

Btw, more Trump-like nonsense detracting from giving a previously stupid answer to simple questions.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@WebProject said:

€228 per year happens to be 3 x €76 - which would be a price (a) many couldn't or wouldn't afford, and (b) a price actually leaving a nice margin to a provider as well as the opportunity to offer e.g. 500 Mb/s bandwidth.

@WebProject said:

Well, in fact I was the 7th responding to OP.

Fun fact: YOU responded quite a bit earlier than I did. So, is "WebProVPS" actually a shop front of HostingSolutions? According to your "logic" it highly likely is.

My point was that having some off site storage at all, even if not exactly fast and shiny, is highly desirable and the OP offer is quite attractive in terms of being affordable for those who can't spend a lot.

FWIW I happen to have one of OPs earlier storage offer (1 TB) and I can't complain, particularly since @MikePT works for their support.

Thank you for the kind words! ❤️

There is a long queue of tickets waiting for Marius or other staff members. Other than those flagged tickets, all others which I can act on are responded daily excluding weekends for now. 😁👌

@TimboJones

TL;DR of your rant: You - as usual - failed to understand what I laid out and, in fact, even your own prior post.

But thanks for the confirmation that you dislike Trump.

• lorianlorian Member

Here are some benchmarks:

bench.sh

root@xxxxx:~#  curl -Lso- bench.sh | bash
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Common KVM processor
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 1795.672 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 3686.5 GB (1.5 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 987 MB (50 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 29 min
    Load average         : 0.24, 0.71, 0.77
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 10
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.19.0-9-amd64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 23.5 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 14.8 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 14.4 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 17.6 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         33.2MB/s      
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           3.48MB/s      
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            2.87MB/s      
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           7.09MB/s      
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           10.1MB/s      
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             4.48MB/s      
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           5.97MB/s      
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          3.15MB/s      
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            14.1MB/s      
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           4.41MB/s      
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          2.88MB/s      

yabs.sh

root@xxxxx:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun May 24 00:21:44 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1795.672 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 987Mi
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 3.6T

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 532.00 KB/s    (133) | 7.75 MB/s      (121)
    Write      | 562.00 KB/s    (140) | 8.12 MB/s      (126)
    Total      | 1.09 MB/s      (273) | 15.88 MB/s     (247)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ---- 
    Read       | 31.53 MB/s      (61) | 51.34 MB/s      (50)
    Write      | 33.83 MB/s      (66) | 54.92 MB/s      (53)
    Total      | 65.37 MB/s     (127) | 106.27 MB/s    (103)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                              |                           |                 |                
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 615 Mbits/sec   | 147 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 669 Mbits/sec   | 196 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 674 Mbits/sec   | 223 Mbits/sec  
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 718 Mbits/sec   | 179 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 517 Mbits/sec   | 62.3 Mbits/sec 
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 745 Mbits/sec   | 390 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 611 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec  
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 558 Mbits/sec   | 79.8 Mbits/sec 
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 584 Mbits/sec   | 80.0 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 231                           
    Multi Core      | 237                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2274650

nench.sh

root@xxxxx:~#  (wget -qO- wget.racing/nench.sh | bash; wget -qO- wget.racing/nench.sh | bash) 2>&1 | tee nench.log
    -------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2020-05-24 15:01:23 UTC

Processor:    Common KVM processor
    CPU cores:    1
    Frequency:    1795.672 MHz
    RAM:          987Mi
    Swap:         -
    Kernel:       Linux 4.19.0-9-amd64 x86_64

Disks:
    sda    3.6T  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        8.643 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        11.885 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 676.0 us / 117.2 ms / 612.6 ms / 147.5 ms
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 43 requests in 5.30 s, 10.8 MiB, 8 iops, 2.03 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    13.16 MiB/s
        2nd run:    11.25 MiB/s
        3rd run:    12.11 MiB/s
        average:    12.18 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    193.148.68.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         45.96 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        10.14 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   1.29 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      9.83 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         3.33 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • lorianlorian Member

@cociu
    Could you please check my ticket #873241.

Thanks,
    lorian

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

@lorian said:

bench.sh

yabs.sh

|                      |                     

Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 615 Mbits/sec   | 147 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 669 Mbits/sec   | 196 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 674 Mbits/sec   | 223 Mbits/sec  
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 718 Mbits/sec   | 179 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 517 Mbits/sec   | 62.3 Mbits/sec 
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 745 Mbits/sec   | 390 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 611 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec  
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 558 Mbits/sec   | 79.8 Mbits/sec 
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 584 Mbits/sec   | 80.0 Mbits/sec 

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 231                           
    Multi Core      | 237                           

nench.sh

root@xxxxx:~#  (wget -qO- wget.racing/nench.sh | bash; wget -qO- wget.racing/nench.sh | bash) 2>&1 | tee nench.log

Disks:
    sda    3.6T  HDD

8.643 seconds
        11.885 seconds

IPv4 speedtests

Are you people gonna benchmark external harddrives next?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • MrEdMrEd Member

@serv_ee said:

@lorian said:

bench.sh

yabs.sh

|                      |                     

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 231                           
    Multi Core      | 237                           

nench.sh

Disks:
    sda    3.6T  HDD

8.643 seconds
        11.885 seconds

IPv4 speedtests

Next: floppy disk array :D

• lorianlorian Member

@serv_ee said:

As I don't use any external HDDs, no. :p

I tried using it for external backups and only got about 4MB/s throughput.
    Just wanted to find out the bottleneck. Never thought, it would be the HDD...

• kohashikohashi Member

I cancelled my account because it was just insanely slow. Talking 20 seconds to SSH into the server. Absolutely unuseable. I reported it and they claimed it was network issues they were working on but it was like that for weeks. I was disappointed.

• OujiOuji Member

lorian said: Just wanted to find out the bottleneck. Never thought, it would be the HDD...

Who would've thought that HDD would be the bottleneck?

• lorianlorian Member

@kohashi said:
    insanely slow

I opened a ticket and got a new VPS on another host: Speed increased from about 14 MB/s to 190 MB/s, which is way more, than I expected.
    They also wrote, they had a problem with users/abusers, using all the ressources.

@kohashi said:
    network issues

I don't have any problems via Telia and my benchmarks look fine, too.
    But, I won't post any further benchmarks of the new server, as they do not seem to be welcome here.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • G4SHIG4SHI Member

The price its kinda very cheap but as i see the comments the service its not stable...

• elliotcelliotc Member

@G4SHI said:
    The price its kinda very cheap but as i see the comments the service its not stable...

Impossible triangle, good, cheap, stable