Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS in Los Angeles - Sharktech Datacenter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS in Los Angeles - Sharktech Datacenter

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2020

t0ny0 said: Yup, you can't just scam a shitload of people of their 3 year prepaid services, go away, and then come back, acting like it wasn't you, and offer 1 year deals

You may consider me gullible and I may well be, but Dustin's answers to questions over on the other forum satisfied me. He's been nothing but mature, level headed, and provided plausible and transparent answers to any questions I had. If you have any questions for him, try messaging him and asking those questions directly, you might be surprised. I don't remember all of my questions quite as well as I remember my conclusions, life gets busy, but that's where I landed on the same dispute on the other forum.

This to say, you're not going to get anywhere on this. If he's pulled one over on us all he did it well enough that you can't prove he did, it's all just suggestions at best. It's a well known phenomenon that once someone throws LET a bone they don't let go of it, but try giving the benefit of the doubt and don't get sucked into that "Everyone who has been called evil is unquestionably evil" thing. Let a man try to do business, and judge him for what he does here with his name on it. There's no hidden identity here, there's no question of who this is. If he scams here in his name, there is no room for doubt and you'll be able to judge without wondering if you were right. Dustin is unquestionably a real person, seem him with my own two eyes.

• miumiu Member

Thanks for your reply Justin.
    But can u explain still one thing:

1) On your webpages is not contact address, no company name, no details
    About us page.. about who??
    https://www.racknerd.com/about
    Contact us page:
    https://my.racknerd.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2
    2) also domain does have private registration (godaddy)

Why?

This is many time so typical for hosting who want to have no responsibility or do things no clearly

edited May 2020

miu said: also domain does have private registration (godaddy)

Why?

This is many time so typical for hosting who want to have no responsibility or do things no clearly

That's not true. Look at mxroute.com domain privacy. Porkbun won't let me remove it. Yet half of the members here know my home address.

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2020

imo u should have these things resolved if you want to convince people that your business is with honest intent.

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited May 2020

I didn't know that HostDoc didn't return the money to its customers. The guy that created the thread here on LET about closing doors was nice and seemed to want to refund.

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2020

@jar said:
    That's not true. Look at mxroute.com domain privacy. Porkbun won't let me remove it. Yet half of the members here know my home address.

Hmm.. It's strange for me (i never had problem remove WHOIS PRIVACY at any domain registrar. More than 10k domains registered but never issued such problem.)

But thanks for share this fact, sure i don't speak that it is not possible, but it's anyth. new for me.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@miu said:
    Thanks for your reply Justin.
    But can u explain still one thing:

1) On your webpages is not contact address, no company name, no details
    About us page.. about who??
    https://www.racknerd.com/about
    Contact us page:
    https://my.racknerd.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2
    2) also domain does have private registration (godaddy)

Why?

Hi @miu, good question.

1. Our office address is 222 N Mountain Ave, Suite 106 in Upland, California with first right of refusal on Suite 107 for expansion. Our suite is 917SQFT, and right now we are having an additional office built, electrical, HVAC, and a few minor things i.e paint. We already executed the letter of intent and lease with the scheduling of June 1st for move-in. You can verify our state-approved entity here: https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/EntitySearch/NameSearch.aspx our entity name is RackNerd LLC and file number is 7754911

2. We have also filed for a trademark of our company name, as well trademark for our slogan.

3. The about us does mention my name - though with time I'm sure we'll add more to it. Any suggestions? Would love to enhance it.

4. The contact page, does link to our ticketing system - though customers have the option to call us, and soon visit us in person.

5. As for who-is, it is public though as few databases aren't reflecting this,. You can verify by running a search using GoDaddy's whois here: https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?domain=racknerd.com&recaptchaResponse=03AGdBq27H-hcV6drhLNjNGI1PyNAeVoWQkT_cT1_SnDbyNaBcbxix43NTqVwui0upxRj5z31d2q6OURbf62bXRrnPqHcR5jsCWpbE0r1QEcg6mGiSZxqlcN_sQ6RtjrHdnvOQrn44KXaHiW4gbJl9OHoN7UUaYKamXeJgHEHP1GGFg0yGNuMGZUx26Twu8A42rJ4XTDOYIJKhzRh-C9l42YfBDE3EhStoPJlZE7bQ4tV2lZbPag45y758bFc6PkuMQaBm5rUHDl9V7gK1NcaaCaQRBTVcUtnPbStMEcypUN1YnkGep54N3GhWlrip_fbnJ8gMq9YYZY_Lgbr3f9CPF11Zpv8A53mJO9lvkCivKeWrqsx-3yuAAskRcWQ4or224cRC0M0PDACrMaThI0GRwdF5jLogMXFVWgW4AeITdX1R_lKCeBTbDCZeEZx6zr2meNyKs_k3fRfGtV9W_jApHiJMDptvOfqB0w

Thanked by 1miu
    edited May 2020

miu said: Hmm.. It's strange for me (i never had problem remove WHOIS PRIVACY at any domain registrar. More than 10k domains registered but never issued such problem.)

Yeah, porkbun only let me display "Texas" and won't change their minds.

Edit, from them:

"In order to comply with new regulations and laws, as of May 23, 2018, domains already registered at Porkbun that had WHOIS Privacy turned off were automatically redacted in Porkbun WHOIS. For the privacy and security of our clients, we no longer offer public WHOIS. Domains that do not support WHOIS privacy will still show as redacted on our WHOIS server."

Thanked by 2miu TimboJones
  • miumiu Member
    edited May 2020

@RedSox said:
    I didn't know that HostDoc didn't return the money to its customers. The guy that created here on LET the thread about closing doors was nice and seemed to want to refund.

Yes, seemed honestly but only in empty promises
    I also sent ticket for refund req, but he never reacted again = high tech ex-provider, but also similar scammer (as alphar.) But fool was me - because i did believe that is possible provide such quality and fast VPS for his prices longer time.. Miracle prices can operate only lmited time, no longterm, my experiences now says..

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I agree with @JarLard that this will not go anywhere.

And he does not smell, yet. He does smell a lot like Ms. jblloh though.

Thanked by 1jar
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2020

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

That said, if you're planning to stick around for years to come, you may get a nice gift from me. A personal account made just for you, which will never do anything else other than thanking your honest work.

Do it. Then get banned permanently and fuck off. You're woefully being out argued here (Dustin has been pretty responsive in answering questions several times in the past and you've added nothing new) and you just appear to be harassing Dustin, not sparing poor souls from losing money.

Thanked by 2limited boernd
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited May 2020

I can totally feel people sad for loosing money. I would be too, and angry against the people behind the issue. Now i totally follow jar arguments.

I've a service at RackNerd, eh, just 28$ for 1 year i'm totally in, it's the price for 2 to 3 months somewhere else! And i have 99.98% uptime! I mean ; he can do the same bad move, or not ; the price is the risk i've accepted to take, but not only.

When i see Dustin quick and correctly answering quite every people while being harassed on the side, and open to talk about anything wrong/bad/negative, i'm like: "ok only someone who wants to be forgiven can spend ton of energy like him.". Hey, he has a family and spend most of his time to chat with us, always, on every forums, in every private message! On the side there is a lot of other challenges. Imagine how much is struggling to put his business on track... I'm pretty sure he can spend his time for other awesome things that pay a lot more by spending less energy and having much more time for his family.

I understand how hard AlphaRacks experience was, i understand how much you all need to vent. But actually you are just continuing to shoot on someone that anyway can't help you, and will not help you since his objectives have changed since. Also i imagine that for Dustin, beside all harassment he is receiving, he must feel it as a big failure and in some way kind of dishonor. I think it's now time to let a bit more peace on LET/LEB about this sad story and move on. I also feel like LET/LEB moderation should not let providers or users being attaked a lot like that ; it's ok to share (bad) experiences but i think it's not ok to just attak users or providers on a floody/spammy/harrassing way.

Thanked by 2jar TimboJones
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited May 2020

TimboJones said: You're woefully being out argued here (Dustin has been pretty responsive in answering questions several times in the past and you've added nothing new) and you just appear to be harassing Dustin, not sparing poor souls from losing money.

I don't have to add anything new. Can you read? I'M NOT THE ONE WHO HAS TO DEFEND HIMSELF FOR RUNNING A SCAM COMPANY, SO LEAVE ME ALONE AND GTFO. You're annoying as fuck and appearing in every single topic on LET. Are you bored?

"It has come to our attention that there have been certain inappropriate activities going on within our organization which has lead us to initiate a criminal investigation. The Company takes these activities very seriously and is taking immediate actions to deal with them appropriately. The issue that has come up has no direct effect on your account or services, Rest assured that the Company has taken appropriate measures to protect itself and our valued customers, and your data and services remain safe and secure. We would like to notify you that effective immediately Dustin Cisneros and Adam Ng are no longer working for the Company."

Edit: I also don't give a fuck about LET, nor you. Fuck this place, fuck everyone. Thanks.
    And eat bamboos.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • That 60Gbps DDOS protection sounds interesting.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    And eat bamboos.

Jord already consumes plenty of bamboo.

@Fear_da_panda

• I give up.
    If everyone is so willing to forget and forgive, just because someone is being polite and responsive (seriously...lmao) - knock yourselves out.

Thanked by 1AndrewL64
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2020

LA is a very big market, wise people will not buy from businesses owned by individuals of dubious reputation or affiliations when brilliant providers are offering the same or better.

But if you want a big VPS for $2/month, then you'll need to take a bet. It is of course legit to question how can that be sustained mid term on leased IP space, but I'm sure the explanation will be something along the lines of "I'm awesome and managed to get a great deal".

• @jar said:

miu said: also domain does have private registration (godaddy)

Why?

@dustinc send a @jbiloh some redbulls like what @MarkTurner did to @jar while he was an admin here?

Everyone said that I'm an idiot that deli who is the best in the world but where they are now?

@jar where is your friend @MarkTurner who scammed a lot of people? Did he sent you more redbulls after vanishing?

Clearly, hunting for Joshua but at the same being a part in deli who scam, so your private questions to @dustinc that he is "clear" and "won't" scam again doesn't make sense at all.

Nothing has been forgotten.

edited May 2020

A wild @alexvolk pops up to remind me that he still has an unhealthy obsession over me. It's still creepy dude. I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday but you remember in vivid detail the emotions that you felt toward me over your inaccurate perceptions of events many years past.

I have never taken part in any scam or given anyone special treatment. I was continually accused of both for the sole crime of not agreeing with the actions people like you demanded that I take while admin of LET. People being friendly to me just gave you the confirmation you sought for your existing bias, but that's all it ever was: Confirmation bias. It's a social engineering trick to say "Well if you don't do what I want to those people then you're giving them special treatment" so that the only way to "prove" otherwise is to do what you want. I didn't fall for that back then and I don't today @Spirit, I mean @alexvolk.

The red bull was not from Mark at all as I recall, but from Mike who just wanted me to be a customer (MXroute is profitable, after all). Close enough yeah but still matters. I didn’t stop being a customer of the industry when I became admin, and always paid for my services (despite offers to buy favor with free services). You can twist it any way you like, but you're just making up your desired interpretations of facts you don't know. Yet, absolutely none of this has anything to do with this offer thread or my review/conclusions of accusations against Dustin on another forum.

I would have never drank the free Red Bull if I thought a paranoid schizophrenic would have been posting a conspiracy theory about it years and years later, and I would have never posted about it if it was a bribe for any treatment (except to shame whoever tried). Like my integrity is only worth a 24 pack of Red Bull. Not even a week’s worth of it at that point in time. Flattering as it may be for someone to even have theories about me, I’m still no one special, and the creepiness outweighs it.

• jar said: You may consider me gullible and I may well be, but Dustin's answers to questions over on the other forum satisfied me. He's been nothing but mature, level headed, and provided plausible and transparent answers to any questions I had. If you have any questions for him, try messaging him and asking those questions directly, you might be surprised. I don't remember all of my questions quite as well as I remember my conclusions, life gets busy, but that's where I landed on the same dispute on the other forum.

Both Dustin, Biloh, and the HostNamaste guy (forgot his name, you can find it) fits your description. I'm not saying you got fooled, but you got fooled. Happens.

jar said: you can't prove he did, it's all just suggestions at best.

Sure, if it's prepared well. I've never seen that case before (because it doesn't exist yet). This time we have an official statement and immediate shutdown of services versus Dustin's words. I think it's obvious that they pulled the plugs on them.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@dustinc said:
    Hi, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Are the details of the alpharacks situation under NDA? There's been a lot of conjecture on this topic in this and various other forums, but as far as I know (at least, I've never seen any) never any concrete statements either from yourself and Adam or from the QN leadership. At the time I fully expected the lack of detail on both sides (it's the only sensible move any legal representation would recommend while something like that is ongoing); but by now I suspect the situation will be fully resolved.

I imagine you're probably sick of questions like this - but I think it's worth clarifying as far as you're allowed, even if it's just to confirm the matter is resolved and an NDA in place if that's the reason for there not being much to say.

Of course, naturally if there was any serious substance to it I imagine you wouldn't be in the industry to run your new venture, so I can only infer it was settled amicably in the end?

edited May 2020

SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Sure, if it's prepared well. I've never seen that case before (because it doesn't exist yet). This time we have an official statement and immediate shutdown of services versus Dustin's words. I think it's obvious that they pulled the plugs on them.

You think you have more than you do. I'm not even saying you're wrong, I can't know that any more than you can know you're right. I'm saying you're seeing what you want in it and you're almost arbitrarily deciding who is most trustworthy out of two people you don't know because it helps you draw your desired conclusion.

If I found out Dustin was scamming people he'd be banned at my forum. I couldn't logically conclude that he was, I could only conclude that he'd been accused of it repeatedly and also indirectly accused of something unmentioned by someone I don't know. I can't see how anyone else could reach a further conclusion without having a preference on the end result. I'm well aware that a wealth of accusation = guilty on the internet, but I'm also sensitive to that being that I've been the recipient of a wealth of untrue accusations (from "supports spammers" to "can be bought for a red bull"). I don't like it, I wouldn't want to see anyone else go through it without someone at least trying to be objective on their behalf.

• jar said: If I found out Dustin was scamming people he'd be banned at my forum.

You made me remember that one of these guys already survived the ban once on HT (YourLastHost - HostNamaste). It's pointless arguing from now on as it's enough to act as a nice guy and all is good. Sorry for describing it like this, language barrier.

It's obvious for me, might not be that obvious for others. Let's see what both sides state regarding this case:

Dustin says he left QuadraNet to pursue his own dreams.

Does it add up with

"It has come to our attention that there have been certain inappropriate activities going on within our organization which has lead us to initiate a criminal investigation." ?

I don't think it does.

edited May 2020

SCAM_DONT_BUY said: "It has come to our attention that there have been certain inappropriate activities going on within our organization which has lead us to initiate a criminal investigation." ?

To be clear, not arguing further, just wanted to say that's what I meant by the words you're putting a lot of faith in. They were nonspecific, made indirect accusations, and I feel like if you have a reason to trust those words over anyone else's you haven't been transparent about why.

Between the person that wrote that and the one that started this thread, only one has been around to answer questions about it.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited May 2020

jar said: Between the person that wrote that and the one that started this thread, only one has been around to answer questions about it.

This doesn't automatically make the answering guy right. In fact, nothing makes him right, but still, every side (I believe even QuadraNet, as weird as it might sound) would defend Dustin, because business > truth. :)

Edit: I stop at this point, I don't want to be the one who invites Biloh in the party to save the day with his contacts over QN. I know my side can't win, but I know my side holds the truth.

The Biloh - Dustin - HostNamaste trio suddenly showed up at the same time, for a good reason. And it's not because "changes are coming". They just found a way to avoid the bans. :)

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • EndIsNeighEndIsNeigh Member
    edited May 2020

Sales people will bullshit,
    And will always lie,
    Which brings me to my point,
    The End is Neigh.

Thanked by 1marropax

Ah, what a weird feeling to have a cult following.

@deank said:

Want to trade? Yours is better.

• @deank said:

Oh the wise one,
    You were chosen,
    Oh the mighty one,
    How you have risen,
    To wake I see you,
    And so to I die,
    Your word is truest
    The End is Neigh.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • tenperatenpera Member

@dustinc To make everybody comfortable, make monthly like $2/m, not yearly.