Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server - Kimsufi - Sale and IP question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server - Kimsufi - Sale and IP question

Hello,

I've stumbled across this website while searching for reviews, and I found the content to be interesting with people following the market. So I decided to create an account and ask the following:

-I needed a budget dedicated server in Europe that overall has good price-for-quality ratio, so the one that seemed the most interesting was kimsufi. And I also heard they used to make some flash deals so I want to ask if there any ones planned, also if they are announced before starting, and also if it's stock dependent incase I miss the two first points.

-Also they stated they offer a /128 subnet for their plans, does that mean they don't offer IPv4? and if so is it possible to purchase one additionally?

-If there is any other competitor with their price-for-quality.

Thanks.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

Hetzner does /25 subnets (128 IPv4) for 107,56€/m.
    Their server auction starts at 25€/m.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @AbdouSG said:
    they used to make some flash deals so I want to ask if there any ones planned

Kind of defeats the purpose?

• AbdouSGAbdouSG Member

@Sherlock said:

@AbdouSG said:
    they used to make some flash deals so I want to ask if there any ones planned

Kind of defeats the purpose?

How so? most online deals are cultural events related.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2020

Because the point in "flash" deals are because it's like flash.

BAM! without a warning.
    And gone.

• AbdouSGAbdouSG Member

@deank said:
    Because the point in "flash" sales are because it's like flash.

BAM! without a warning.

And gone.

Exactly why I'm enquiring about it

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2020

Allow me to repeat.

BAM! and gone.
    If you are still missing the point, click the spoiler.

This makes people stay at their site and that is what they want.
    In their history, they've never said when flash sales will start. If you want it, you must park at their website and refresh it every 30 seconds.

People use bots to do this and order.

• AbdouSGAbdouSG Member

@deank said:
    Allow me to repeat.

BAM! and gone.
    If you are still missing the point, click the spoiler.

This makes people stay at their site and that is what they want.
    In their history, they've never said when flash sales will start. If you want it, you must park at their website and refresh it every 30 seconds.

People use bots to do this and order.

Well it makes sense as a traffic generating strategy, also if it has never been announced before it probably never will. Thanks for explaining

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@pike - Thanks for the recommendation!
    @AbdouSG - These are our regular prices for our subnets: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en (I don't think they have ever been on sale for a special price.) You can use these on our unmanaged dedicated root servers, including the models in the Server Auction that @pike mentioned: https://www.hetzner.com/sb. --Katie