Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SYS] E3-SAT-1-16 in Flash sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SYS] E3-SAT-1-16 in Flash sale

OseriOseri Member

Hello, I just noticed Soyoustart's E3-SAT-1-16 server is on flash sale at €25.99 (regular price €34.99).

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/

Currently available at France DC only.

@ninzo59, do you think it'll be restocked at Canada before the flash sale ends?

Thanked by 1pbx

Comments

• Thanks, you share this. But I chose hetzner.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited May 2020

For now I'm keeping my XEON-SAT-1-32 for 35 USD/month (from a previous flash sale)

• ElementElement Member

@GodSpeed said:
    Thanks, you share this. But I chose hetzner.

better deal in hetzner? link?

• elpetroelpetro Member

Bandwidth
    250 Mbps
    ZzZZzzZZzz

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@Element said:

@GodSpeed said:

Obviously! With OVH if you have any issue, you have to wait for a year to get reply on your support ticket.

With Hetzner you will get reply within 5/10 minute

So waiting for reply for months by grabbing own balls when your server down is not a good deal

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited May 2020

One must admit that in case of a technical error: this is automatically detected OVH's response (Kimsufi, SoYouStart) is quite quick (few hours max).

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@ViridWeb said:

@Element said:

@GodSpeed said:

Obviously! With OVH if you have any issue, you have to wait for a year to get reply on your support ticket.

The service is self-managed, so why do you need support? The HW replacement is done within 30-45 mins but you will need to know what your are doing using any self-managed providers. Billing can be issue can be sorted via phone.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@WebProject said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Element said:

@GodSpeed said:

The service is self-managed, so why do you need support? The HW replacement is done within 30-45 mins but you will need to know what your are doing using any self-managed providers. Billing can be issue can be sorted via phone.

Ok so for you self manage means no support at all even if there are some with the server or network itself. Sometimes you do need support from the provider and that's why you pay for.

And your second point about phone call proved my statement that hetzner is a better deal. As you don't have to call them and beg for support. They will reply.

People sometimes need friendly support no matter if it's a manage service or not.

I'm sure you are not inspired by OVH much and start ignoring your clients support requests by saying you are using unmanaged service so you are not eligible to get a reply. You must call us by phone instead.

Anyway good luck to you

Edited: Just realized that you are using OVH severs, so maybe you have some good experience with them.
    Anyway, the post is about to share info why hetzner is a good deal and not bashing others. You have gave your point and I gave mine.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Element said:

Perhaps he is referring to some some Intel Xeon E3-1245 based servers in our Server Auction? You can search for them by typing a few key words into the filter, like "Xeon E3". These are unmanaged dedicated root servers. When I checked just now, a few of them were available at €32 (with VAT) or €26.89 (without VAT). But the prices will change over time because it's a Dutch-style auction.

@ViridWeb - Thanks for the feedback about our support! :) --Katie

• serv_eeserv_ee Member

I got a few auction servers from Hetzner so far, couldnt be more happier to switch from OVH.

On hetzner I got a response in 10 minutes to my dumb ass problem, on OVH it took 8 days for even a more simpler problem to solve.

In my honest opinion, the hell with OVH, you want quality take Hetzner all the way even if it means spending a few more euros.