Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Froxlor a good beginner control panel? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Froxlor a good beginner control panel?

2»

Comments

• @desperand said:
    To be honest, after using cyber panel for around a year, I have some thoughts about it.

Pros:

• easy setup
    • easily create everything for a new website with let's encrypt.
    • not bad performance if compare to apache, or Nginx + apache
    • free
    • pretty nice GUI's for configuring it (OLS, not cyber panel ones)

Cons (only about cyber panel):

• very frequently I have broken my whole server with many websites because of upgrades, was not able to log in anywhere at all, because of 500 errors, and so on.
    • I have absolutely ZERO knowledge about OLS and CyberPanel structure, it's some kind of alien technology for me, because almost impossible to read or trace logs, create separate logs for websites, analyze logs (access logs, error logs, etc).
    • htaccess for damn a lot of cases does not work the same as it works on apache, (very common and very frequent rewrite rules).
    • OLS cache works I don't know how, I have enabled it, yes, everything ultra-fast, but I notice a long time ago many bugs with this for dynamic content (where I have everything set correctly, and which works fine out the box on Nginx or fastcgi_cache solutions).

My personal summary:

• because vestaCP much more bugged, and insecure
    • and all other alternatives much worst then cyberpanel (alternatives that I have tried to use).
      I will still stick to the cyberpanel even because of bugs on upgrade stage.
      Because right now as far as I see there are no anything so good as cyberpanel anymore (free ones).

I do not even look into centminmode, or other pre-configured packages of CUI apps.
    I know, that they're good, but not feed my needs.

Have got similar experience as well. Works well out of the box but some features like backup etc don't work bug free. Changelogs aren't communicated as widely as before and it seems to go for more new features instead of bug fixing.
    Very often reinstall new version instead of upgrade panel.

Tested aapanel for some time and recently it's quite ok for basic users. Nginx works well, even restart panel site comes back up much faster than cyberpanel /ols. With the right config the speed and load is almost same as cyberpanel on visual comparison.

Thanked by 1tdwuk
  • tdwuktdwuk Member

I decided to use RunCloud unlimited server package. It was easy to set up and everything works. Their support was responsive to the 1-2 issues I had. I considered ploi.io but I had issues when testing. I also considered gridpane, but it is too expensive for starter sites.

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited May 2020

After testing many free control panels, The best control panel for Debian Based distros is Keyhelp. it work out of the box. https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 1harikarki
  • zenkizenki Member

Cyberpanel is amazing, and includes Openlitespeed

Thanked by 1harikarki
  • try aapanel support apache,nginx,python,docker,openlitespeed and more..

• HostkeyHostkey Member

You could check Ajenti, OpenPanel, ZPanel

• tdwuktdwuk Member

I tried Cyberpanel, it worked well initially but after adding a few sites I started to get SSL issues, then issues with the WP sites. I looked through the forum and found that users had issues with updates causing problems so I decided it wasn't for me.
    AAPanel, similarly is great because it's free but I can't deal with the stress when issues crop up and I have to reinstall.
    Runcloud is good for me as a newbie and their support has been good so far.

• I have heard some good review about froxlor so I thought i would give it a try on a project I am working on. The project will require me to insall multiple of domains and most of my sites will be static based sites. I am looking to use the power of nginx to serve my static files but use the ability of apache to work with the mod rewrites etc.

• I've used VestaCP for at least one year because i've a non profit team whos are not expert. Well, it was a fucking pain in the ass tbh. Who can desire a panel that has a hole at the beginning? You need to harden your server yourself before anything ; a panel like this one is normally made to be reliable direct after install, not after your own patch.

I had few issues with my experience also:

• security breach direct after install (fortunately we found it and fixed it quick ; a well known issue)
    • LetsEncrypt not generating certs
    • issue with wildcard subdomains (including SSL)
    • had some domains that stopped to work without any reason

So for me VestaCP is a big no. CPanel and DirectAdmin are much better, and included with few KVM providers here for free.

• dpecadpeca Member
    edited May 2020

@donko said:

@pkr said:
    Does it still have MPM prefork and php-cgi?
    Do not know why VestaCP and HestiaCP are not adding MPM event and PHP-FPM for Apache.

php-fpm with mpm prefork, but can be switched to mpm event without breaking anything

www.myvestacp.com is switched to mpm_event by default (on debian10).

@o_be_one look security features of myVesta.

• pkrpkr Member

@dpeca I had replaced VestaCP with MyVestaCP, but I had to go back to VestaCP on one of my VPS because "Gallery3" CMS does not work properly because of some Apache/Nginx/PHP/MariaDB settings set by MyVestaCP.

Developers of Gallery3 use session key to combined css and js files and the session key is stored in the database. When you access the page, the combined css and js files are delivered from a folder that does not exist. I tried to understand their code, but have not yet figured out what they are doing. On Gallery3's forum, many have posted this problem, but developers never answered the questions; they just suggested to change the hosting company.

I do not blame them as I tested HestiaCP/CWP/Floxor/VestaCP and Gallery3 works perfectly fine on them. It fails to load the combined css/js files from the non-existing folder only on MyVestaCP. I liked HestiaCP, but it seems a bit slow. So, I want to use MyVestaCP. I think you are one of the developers of MyVestaCP. Can you please let me know the differences in Apache settings in MyVestaCP vs VestaCP.

• dpecadpeca Member
    edited May 2020

pkr said: Developers of Gallery3 use session key to combined css and js files and the session key is stored in the database. When you access the page, the combined css and js files are delivered from a folder that does not exist.

You should just do this:
    Web -> Edit (domain) -> Proxy template -> hosting-legacy

hosting-legacy template will pass requests for non-existent static files to Apache (where .htaccess will resolve it with mod-rewrite)

hosting template will NOT pass requests for non-existent static files to Apache.
    When you have shared server with lot wordpress sites, it's common that some sites is linking image files that does not exists.
    Well, all those http requests (to non-existent static files) goes then to Apache and then to PHP-FPM, and then the whole WordPress will be initialized, with mysql connection to mysql... just in order to say "Ahhh, it's really 404".
    Imagine wordpress site with 10 non-existent images per page.... with visitors every second.
    That's 10 requests to wordpress per second.
    So, this new hosting template will save a lot of CPU time on shared hosting server.
    I'm just explaining why I modified default hosting template .

Back to topic... for Gallery3 just put hosting-legacy template - and everything will works like in Vesta/Hestia :)

pkr said: Can you please let me know the differences in Apache settings in MyVestaCP vs VestaCP.

Except optimization that I already mentioned above, myVesta has Apache in mpm_event mode, which is fast mode the same way the nginx is fast.

• pkrpkr Member

Thanks a lot @dpeca
    It worked like a charm. I have been banging my head for days and the solution was so easy. You saved my time.

Thanked by 1dpeca
  • dpecadpeca Member

pkr said: Thanks a lot @dpeca

next time open issue on github, so i can help quckly :)

• pkrpkr Member

@dpeca said:

pkr said: Thanks a lot @dpeca

next time open issue on github, so i can help quckly :)

I was planning to open the issue on the Github, then I saw your comment here. :blush:

Thanked by 1dpeca
  • notarobonotarobo Member
    edited May 2020

@tdwuk said:
    I tried Cyberpanel, it worked well initially but after adding a few sites I started to get SSL issues, then issues with the WP sites. I looked through the forum and found that users had issues with updates causing problems so I decided it wasn't for me.
    AAPanel, similarly is great because it's free but I can't deal with the stress when issues crop up and I have to reinstall.
    Runcloud is good for me as a newbie and their support has been good so far.

Hao much is runcloid?

• tdwuktdwuk Member

https://runcloud.io/pricing
    $8/15/45 Monthly
    $6.67/12.5/37.5 Annually

I am on the $15 unlimited Pro package, the cheap one is only 1 server.