Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone has MikePT's Office Number?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone has MikePT's Office Number?

handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

Anyone has MikePT' s office number? trying to reach him over tickets/messages but failed. The number which is on the website is not working.

Thanks

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yellowpagetalk, welcome to.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

Not sure there's much point in trying to get his office number if you're trying to reach him today, it's almost 7pm in Portugal so chances are he's not there.

Thanked by 1handyhost
  • handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@jackb said:
    Not sure there's much point in trying to get his office number, it's almost 7pm in Portugal so chances are he's not there.

He was optimizing one of my servers and none of the websites which have databases connected are working now. Trying to get a hold of him since i dont know what exact changes he did.

If I change the db password and update the config file it is working but there are more than 70 sites to do so

edited May 2020

Friday 7pm, with Chinavirus restriction easing on. Good luck.

I've also heard that he is expecting a baby ET as well, so I doubt he will get back to ya soon-ish.

Of course, do not mark my words.

Thanked by 1Ympker

@deank said:
    Friday 7pm, with Chinavirus restriction easing on. Good luck.

I've also heard that he is expecting a baby ET as well, so I doubt he will get back to ya soon-ish.

Of course, do not mark my words.

That means I'm pretty much screwed

Well, look on the bright side.

See -, ehm, ... hmm ... Sorry, pal. I see no bright side.

Darker than black, it is.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@deank said:

Nice tag btw.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

@jackb said:
    Nice tag btw.

I worked for it, three years of non-stop citing "The end is nigh".

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

the end is not nigh anymore

Thanked by 1handyhost

Indeed, because we are past it.

This is Low end apocalypse.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@deank said:

I always wondered, how dark the dark can be.

Simple, really.

Dark/black is just a color. Blackness, can't see anything.

Darker than black is a state of emotion. Not only do you hit the ground, you shatter the ground and fall even deeper into despair with seemingly no bottom.

Now, the bottom exists, in form of WSS, but you feel like you will never hit it.

Thus, the end is always nigh.

What the WSS am I taking about?

• deank said: baby ET

Oh god.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

deank said: Indeed, because we are past it.

The beginning is nigh.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@handyhost said:
    Anyone has MikePT' s office number? trying to reach him over tickets/messages but failed. The number which is on the website is not working.

Thanks

I can help if it's urgent :)

• @handyhost said:

@jackb said:
    Not sure there's much point in trying to get his office number, it's almost 7pm in Portugal so chances are he's not there.

He was optimizing one of my servers and none of the websites which have databases connected are working now. Trying to get a hold of him since i dont know what exact changes he did.

If I change the db password and update the config file it is working but there are more than 70 sites to do so

If it's working, you can always write a script to change the dB password and update the config auto magically. All at once.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@handyhost did you get this resolved?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey guys,

I was told the OP fixed it and I am sorry for the delay. Issue is that MySQL was still using pre-hash passwords which obviously didn't work for the latest version unless you forced it to and the config was changed so it couldn't read the pre-hashs.

Our services don't include weekends yet, will do in the future though, so Friday I was in a rush to sort the server optimization then came to Lisbon so we could tell our whole family about the baby. Nevertheless, I did test a few random websites before leaving the computer. Those using the new hash were working where the old pre-hash were not but I did not notice any.

My sincere apologies to the OP. It's something we cannot stand with. He will be refunded.
    Our services are hassle-free. We handle and test everything. This wasn't a good example of my work.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited May 2020

@MikePT:
    I don't know you and your service but this kind of reaction is the one I would expect in a perfect world of anyone who is offering services. This is a perfect professional reaction while also a human one.

Wishing you all the best with your baby.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited May 2020

@MikePT said:
    Hey guys,

I was told the OP fixed it and I am sorry for the delay. Issue is that MySQL was still using pre-hash passwords which obviously didn't work for the latest version unless you forced it to and the config was changed so it couldn't read the pre-hashs.

Our services don't include weekends yet, will do in the future though, so Friday I was in a rush to sort the server optimization then came to Lisbon so we could tell our whole family about the baby. Nevertheless, I did test a few random websites before leaving the computer. Those using the new hash were working where the old pre-hash were not but I did not notice any.

My sincere apologies to the OP. It's something we cannot stand with. He will be refunded.
    Our services are hassle-free. We handle and test everything. This wasn't a good example of my work.

All good dude. We manually changed the password of all the websites(which used databases) and sent an apology to the end users for the down time. @MikePT Not going to need a refund i'll keep in mind your working hours in future :smile:

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Jord said:
    @handyhost did you get this resolved?

Yes, We changed mysql passwords manually it took some time but it was the feasible solution at that time. Thanks

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited May 2020

Oh, my. You are rational.

A typical LET user would have PMSed all weekend and might have gotten himself banned for over-PMSing.

Happened before.

@deank said:
    Oh, my. You are rational.

A typical LET user would have PMSed all weekend and might have gotten himself banned for over-PMSing.

Happened before.

I PM'ed him once though ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT

Once is okay.

Tens or hundreds is not. Again, that sort of thing occurred before on LET numerous times.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@deank said:
    Once is okay.

Tens or hundreds is not. Again, that sort of thing occurred before on LET numerous times.

Look on the bright side as wise people say it's Darker than black :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@deank said:
    Once is okay.

Sometimes there are exceptions. Not all members have PMS.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited May 2020

Exceptions, meaning they are really low on number.

What a sad era. 98% of men having PMS.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@deank said:
    Exceptions, meaning they are really low on number.

What a sad era. 98% of men having PMS.

Scenario: If I don't clearly know my position yet, because I constantly meditate about conditions and symptoms and the knowledge of oneself, does this mean I am in the remaining 2% ?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@default said:
    Scenario: If I don't clearly know my position yet, because I constantly meditate about conditions and symptoms and the knowledge of oneself, does this mean I am in the remaining 2% ?

If you are aware of a fact that you are in fact having a PMS or something similar, then you belong to the 2%.

Do you think those having PMS are aware of a sad fact that they are bitching like bitches? No, they do not.

Thanked by 2default MikePT
  • edited May 2020

LET demands drama.

Congratulations on the Baby ET.

edit, stupid autocorrect

Thanked by 1MikePT
This discussion has been closed.