Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budgetnode is terrible.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budgetnode is terrible.

I had hosting with them for years, but they apparently ran into a networking issue at one of their sites that kept my VM from connecting to the internet. I submitted tickets, waited months and there was no reply. My annual subscription was coming up, so I cancelled it on their side thinking that would be that. Apparently, if you use paypal, you have to cancel the subscription on the paypal side too. When I asked for a refund, I got "Sorry, we don't have control over paypal sending us money!"

So not only did my ticket go months without getting resolved or answered, now they're refusing refunds for services I don't even have any more.

Steer clear of this one.

Thanked by 1Bertie

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am sorry about your divorce.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

While that sucks, it's an important lesson.

Always cancel Paypal subscriptions yourself.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

Just dispute it if you had already cancelled and they refuse a refund. While it technically should be your responsibility to ensure you have no automatic subscriptions or recurring payments, if you're not receiving any service for the payment then you should get the payment back.

I disabled subscriptions to avoid issues like this, but if someone still has a subscription before this change was done I would never deny a refund.

• You didn't cancel your PayPal subscription. Thats something that you need to do.
    You signed a billing agreement on PayPal to send them funds every x months. Not only do you need to cancel the service - you also need to cancel that subscription from PayPal, since you're the one sending money, and not them pulling the money.

• nodesecnodesec Member

I had a similar issue with virmach. I bought a server but they did not have it. Next month I was charged via paypal saying renew.

VirMach billing support made a refund tho after contacting them.

Create a Dispute on paypal and Make threads with the title "Review: Budgetnode SCAM" thread everywhere.

• imokimok Member
    edited May 2020

jaightaylor said: Sorry, we don't have control over paypal sending us money!

But they have control over their systems to send back money (of course, they should charge you a small fee for the time wasted).

If they are trying to keep the money without providing any service or providing a very bad one, I'd open a dispute. A different situation would be if they provide a great service.

Anyway, always cancel your PayPal subscriptions inmediately after creating them. It's just a bad model.

Also, always read the TOS.

nodesec said: Make threads with the title "Review: Budgetnode SCAM" thread everywhere.

And don't be a dick. Do your best to try to solve the issue with the provider.

• Today's winner on LowEndSupport is @Ishaq!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2020

@MikeA said:
    Just dispute it if you had already cancelled and they refuse a refund. While it technically should be your responsibility to ensure you have no automatic subscriptions or recurring payments, if you're not receiving any service for the payment then you should get the payment back.

I disabled subscriptions to avoid issues like this, but if someone still has a subscription before this change was done I would never deny a refund.

majority of billing control panels do have option to cancel PayPal subscription, it’s just one click.

I submitted tickets, waited months and there was no reply. My annual subscription was coming up

Have you tried to email them? Or open the second ticket?

• Yeah, I've tried generating tickets and emailing them but they've gone silent, hence my very vocal displeasure with this situation.

• Yep he basically scammed me out of $100 a while ago too.

• PHDanPHDan Member

Yeah, he "scammed" you out of $100 in 2016... Fuckwit. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1872545/#Comment_1872545

• LESLES Member

Node Netherlands KVM 2 seems to be down, welcome to autopilot/game over show 8-X

• A long time ago I had a webhost go dark on me. Unfortunately my domain was registered with them and it's renewal came up. Fortunately I happened to share a name with their CTO. Soooooo yeah.

I do wish hosting providers were more transparent when they "restructure" or whatever. It's lead to a lot less of these kinds of stories.