Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a solution to host files and serve to the users - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a solution to host files and serve to the users

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@default said:
    Recap: OP needs a shared hosting with unlimited bandwidth and 2gb storage, in $25-$30/yer. This thread is becoming long, because the person did not state at the beginning all requirement and budget.

Maybe some Shared Hosting Provider can come up with an offer. @SmallWeb and @MikePT can you help him with some Shared Hosting of 2GB storage and unlimited bandwidth, in $25-$30/year range?

2 GB Unmetered @ 10 EUR / year :D

Thanked by 1default
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

cazrz said: Have you tried backblaze with cloudflare? But yeah i think cf wont really give you that 3tb bandwidth specially in asia.

This is the easiest/cheapest suggestion by far.

B2 is going to cost him next to nothing. Cloudflare can be configured to cache everything from B2 for free, as long as the files are not bigger than 100MB each.

And they'll absolutely pay for 3TB of bandwidth, no problem with that.

Thanked by 2ador raindog308
  • cazrzcazrz Member

Yep, 10gb storage in b2 is free, then you just serve it via cloudflare as backblaze is their bandwidth alliance.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Why don't you try Hetzner Auction servers?

Thanked by 1ador
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ador said:

@cazrz said:
    3TB bandwidth per month is not acceptable in many providers that offer "unlimited bandwidth". Specially if the plan is below $5/mo. That is why even the giants like AWS, Azure and Google wont give you that unless you have millions of real traffic that could bring them traffic in return. In your site you have clients and sponsor/s. What are those?

Clients are apps, softwares and services to use with our services. And, sponsors are the ones who support us. Although, we have only one sponsor who are letting us host the website for free! I have seen few LEB special offers from RackNerd VPS, would those be better?

Thanks for the mention, and also for considering us! If you choose to host with us @ador just send me an email [email protected] and I'll add two months free as a thank you!

Thanked by 2ador SCAM_AlphaRacks
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Slice + Slab?

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • A 2.5 Euro hetzner entry level KVM is the closest fit.

Thanked by 1ador
  • BetaRacksBetaRacks Member
    edited May 2020

@ador said:

@AC_Fan said:
    GDrive has 15GB free space, 10TB daily download quota, and direct links for files upto 50MB in size. Share the files to public in GDrive, then use this format to offer a direct link: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id={id} . ID is available in the shared link.

Thanks for this idea. But we need something like this https://example.com/folder/file.txt to link to the files on the server.

cloudflare worker+google drive

• jcalebjcaleb Member

The Slice 512mb looks like within budget

Thanked by 2netomx Francisco
  • duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited May 2020

Is everyone retarded? According to op's specs where he just needs a link to his file tree w.e

Just install nginx, add a vhost, pull all files there....

Problem solved.

Bandwidth is cheap lol, and for what you want, as I see on the repo, black lists? nginx gzip should help a lot, cloudflare will cache most of them for free....... So you don't even need to worry about this tbh..
    Use a normal vps/server with nginx, put cloudflare, ezpz, bandwidth usage goes from 3tb to < 1tb

Thanked by 2ador vimalware
  • Use Github Pages with your custom domain. That what I use for direct link folder organized files.

• I'm surprised nobody has suggested Gullo's hosting with Cloudflare IPv6 to IPv4 forwarding. When there's a sale, you can pick up the 512MB NAT (with 500GB monthly bandwidth) for $8 annually. Links below ->

https://hosting.gullo.me/pricing

I don't work for them or anything, it's just a good service

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Saahib said:
    Well, I have seen similar use case, the solution was to use free CDN with a basic VPS.

Already suggested best and cheap solution and its working with a project where large files needed to delivered, CDN takes care of that.

• BertieBertie Member
    edited May 2020

Backblaze B2, with Cloudflare Bandwidth Alliance. Unmetered bandwidth, $5/month/TB.

• If you can get a LETBOX special, that'll be 125GB of storage and 5TB of monthly traffic for something like $30.32 USD/year in LA.

But man, you really need to be compressing these text files instead of providing them all uncompressed. Not just to reduce your resources, but to reduce download times. For example, a 38MB RAW file zips to under 8MB.