Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A fresher, more stable and more secure approach for billing system - what do you think? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A fresher, more stable and more secure approach for billing system - what do you think?

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

seriesn said: From an end user perspective, I actually prefer one page checkout. But this could scare off end users trying to score free products.

Thanks @seriesn we've had the same feedback, we actually started off with a 3-4 page checkout and it was just long. Most of our clients preferred the one-page checkout so we are happy to stick with that for the moment.

@Saahib said:
    Looks sleek and well laid out.
    Small suggestion, you consider to offer starter plan with custom domain, you see , more users means more publicity, further as the person grow, he will automatically go to your higher plan. And there are more chances to stick with you if he starts with you.

Thank you, we still have a little way to go but it is getting there now.

It might be a possibility, our plans aren't set in stone just yet so these might change. So watch this space :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jord said: Yes, there is, we have two versions of our Import/Export tool. Import from WHMCS, blesta, box billing, and so on. Or import via CSV. Then you can export into CSV too.

I would be sure to mention this in your marketing, maybe even with a video demo, because pain of switching is likely a big hurdle to overcome. Just random advice.

You also need a panda-themed logo. More random advice.

Hey! The "About Us" page changed since this morning! Now I can't tell if the girl in the middle is married or not. I was kind of hoping she wasn't, but she had that rock on her finger...now the finger is cut off in the new crop. Is this because she recently got divorced? Is she looking for love on the rebound? Is she emotionally vulnerable right now? Hook a brother up, @Jord! I'm sure my wife won't mind but just to be safe, we won't tell her.

I see Edward Scissornails is still there, though now headless. Perhaps to protect his secret identity? Meanwhile, blue plaid shirt guy can't keep his eyes off my dream girl. I hate him.

Thanked by 2Jord TimboJones
  • Great initiative @Jord . Wishing you all the very best for this awesome venture. o:)
    Would love to beta test your product. :)

• seriesnseriesn Member

Hi @jord,
    Quick question, will you allow an option to export user data, in the event where someone decides to switch out?

Can we host downloadable contents on your system?

Will you allow product image on the shopping cart or custom html description?

• seriesnseriesn Member

raindog308 said: Hey! The "About Us" page changed since this morning! Now I can't tell if the girl in the middle is married or not. I was kind of hoping she wasn't, but she had that rock on her finger...now the finger is cut off in the new crop. Is this because she recently got divorced? Is she looking for love on the rebound? Is she emotionally vulnerable right now? Hook a brother up, @Jord! I'm sure my wife won't mind but just to be safe, we won't tell her.

Sir, quarantined much?

Thanked by 1MatthewLeigh

raindog308 said: I would be sure to mention this in your marketing, maybe even with a video demo, because pain of switching is likely a big hurdle to overcome. Just random advice.

Yep, there will be a section for this on our new website. Where it will detail everything.

raindog308 said: You also need a panda-themed logo. More random advice.

Hey! The "About Us" page changed since this morning! Now I can't tell if the girl in the middle is married or not. I was kind of hoping she wasn't, but she had that rock on her finger...now the finger is cut off in the new crop. Is this because she recently got divorced? Is she looking for love on the rebound? Is she emotionally vulnerable right now? Hook a brother up, @Jord! I'm sure my wife won't mind but just to be safe, we won't tell her.

I see Edward Scissornails is still there, though now headless. Perhaps to protect his secret identity? Meanwhile, blue plaid shirt guy can't keep his eyes off my dream girl. I hate him.

You've made my week :joy: I've made no changes to the site so not sure why it's changed. But I've heard she is single and ready to get back on the horse.

We can keep this between us sir and your wife won't know a thing ;)

@HostYourBits said:
    Great initiative @Jord . Wishing you all the very best for this awesome venture. o:)
    Would love to beta test your product. :)

Thank you sir, I will get a google form up so I can gather peoples emails for when our beta test is ready :)

seriesn said: Quick question, will you allow an option to export user data, in the event where someone decides to switch out?

You can export data via CSV, but it will download everything. There is an option in the client's account area to download all information on them via a json file. (GDPR compliant).

seriesn said: Can we host downloadable contents on your system?

Yep, we are fully Digital Downloads ready, upload your data, and then once your client checks out and pays they will be able to download the file. It's currently set to 24 hours, once 24 hours is up the download will fail.

seriesn said: Will you allow product image on the shopping cart or custom html description?

Product images aren't supported at the moment but I can add that to our todo list. You have full control over custom HTML descriptions throughout the shopping cart. Products/Product Groups are all changeable.

Thanks for the feedback :)

For anyone who wants to beta test, please fill this out and I'll email you once we go live :) https://forms.gle/fTPxTij5dUAYAy2R6

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

@Jord said:
    Our cheapest plan will be £5 a month, so no free licenses but there is a free trial :)

Any plans to go for a Reseller option?

Thanked by 1Jord
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@Jord said:

seriesn said: Quick question, will you allow an option to export user data, in the event where someone decides to switch out?

You can export data via CSV, but it will download everything. There is an option in the client's account area to download all information on them via a json file. (GDPR compliant).

seriesn said: Can we host downloadable contents on your system?

Yep, we are fully Digital Downloads ready, upload your data, and then once your client checks out and pays they will be able to download the file. It's currently set to 24 hours, once 24 hours is up the download will fail.

seriesn said: Will you allow product image on the shopping cart or custom html description?

Product images aren't supported at the moment but I can add that to our todo list. You have full control over custom HTML descriptions throughout the shopping cart. Products/Product Groups are all changeable.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Fantastic! Looking forward towards it!

Thanked by 1Jord
  • cazrzcazrz Member

webhooks?

Thanked by 1Jord

@handyhost said:

@Jord said:
    Our cheapest plan will be £5 a month, so no free licenses but there is a free trial :)

Any plans to go for a Reseller option?

How do you mean? For you to resell our software or something else?

@cazrz said:
    webhooks?

We will have an API, so you'll be able to integrate with us. I can get our devs to look at adding webhooks too.

What would you like to see with this?

• Define active client. How about service and selling stuff like download able. Are they counting as active client?

Thanked by 1Jord
  • I sent a request on gform. May be I can try it in my personal project. Price may be a bit much but let's see.

• LeviLevi Member

Jord said: Fully Hosted with 100% uptime with failover.

No. Billing is a matter of privacy. I would never entrust my customers data to third parties. This may end very badly.

Thanked by 1jsg

@yokowasis said:
    Define active client. How about service and selling stuff like download able. Are they counting as active client?

I am currently thinking about this, so with the new site we are designing the pricing will be reflected on there.

Currently digital download customers aren't counted towards the count. But I will be reviewing our pricing before we launch our beta test. So people can see their options if they wanted to upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback, gave me something to think about.

@Iroshan464 said:
    I sent a request on gform. May be I can try it in my personal project. Price may be a bit much but let's see.

Thank you, I will be getting an email sent out to everyone who has applied to beta test. We will give all our beta testers a little thank you surprise.

Also pricing might change yet, we are reviewing this.

Could it be bamboo or could it be a discount? You'll have to wait and see :)

• cazrzcazrz Member

@Jord said:

@cazrz said:
    webhooks?

We will have an API, so you'll be able to integrate with us. I can get our devs to look at adding webhooks too.

New sale, new reg and a lot more

Is this using only virtualhost or container base?

• @Jord said:

@Iroshan464 said:
    I sent a request on gform. May be I can try it in my personal project. Price may be a bit much but let's see.

Thank you, I will be getting an email sent out to everyone who has applied to beta test. We will give all our beta testers a little thank you surprise.

I'd love some bamboo added with recurring discount. Pleeeease. ;)

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Lifetime license ?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

If this ever starts adopted, we'd be happy to create an integration for BillingServ like we've done with WHMCS.

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

@Jord said:

How do you mean? For you to resell our software or something else?

Yes

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Jord

In what (programming) language is it written? Does it use any libraries/modules and if so which ones? What DB (or does it work with any SQL DB)?
    With which tools has the code and the app been tested? Has there been any formal testing?

@cazrz said:

@Jord said:

@cazrz said:
    webhooks?

New sale, new reg and a lot more

Is this using only virtualhost or container base?

Thanks for letting me know, I can certainly look into getting this completed, I don't think it will be in the first release. But I will add it to our to-do list for sure.

We use one code base, multi-tenant MariaDBs, when we deploy a custom domain it will be done via Nginx and the SSL deployed via Letsencrypt.

@Iroshan464 said:

@Jord said:

@Iroshan464 said:

I'd love some bamboo added with recurring discount. Pleeeease. ;)

More details will be released nearer the time :)

@mustafamw3 said:
    Lifetime license ?

This isn't currently our plan, we will be sticking with the SaaS model, but we will be updating our packages before we go live.

• i did'nt receve email yet?
    Hope you can look for the option self hosted ?