Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oplink.net + Corero DDos Protection for all servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oplink.net + Corero DDos Protection for all servers

oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2020 in Offers

About Oplink.net

Oplink.net is an independently owned company. Our network is located in a secure private suite inside the Houston CenturyLink/Level3 Tier1 “Premier Datacenter”. This datacenter is the main routing point serving the Houston Metropolitan area. For Internet bandwidth, our dedicated uplink is 100Gb/s over fiber directly to Tier 1 CenturyLink/Level3. CenturyLink/Level3 is multi-homed and multi peered, so we deliver highest reliability and lowest latency access to the Internet. In addition, we use Corero DDos Mitigation to protect your server.

By owning and managing all equipment, we have total control of how our services are deployed, managed, secured, and supported. In our suite we use new Cisco hardware, resulting in some of the fastest routing on the market. Each rack has a 10Gb/s uplink so there is always plenty of bandwidth to all customers for every service we sell. Many providers resell lower Tier data at the mercy of some other companies’ priorities and equipment problems - Not Oplink.net. Most other providers don’t come close to the quality of bandwidth and services we offer.

When you’re looking for a provider these things are important. Choose Oplink.net for the best, most reliable, secure, and fastest solution.

Company News

Feb, 2020: We are now offering 1 Gbps Unmetered ports with all colo servers and dedicated servers. See Fair Use Bandwidth Policy

May, 2020: Deployed a Corero Smartwall to provide DDos attack protection to our customers. We chose Corero protection because it delivers the best layer 3 to layer 7 DDos mitigation in seconds before disruption of any Oplink.net service. To learn more visit: https://www.oplink.net/ddos.html

Offers

VPS 1GB (KVM)
40 GB SSD Local Storage
1 Core
1 GB Memory
5TB data per month
$5/month
Order : https://my.oplink.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=135

Dedicated Server: E3-1270 V3
32 GB DDR3
1TB Samsung SSD
1 IPv4
1 Gbps Unmetered Traffic See Fair Use Bandwidth Policy
$59/month
Order : https://my.oplink.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=199

Comments

• Great services. I used them about 6 years ago and was stable and great. The new 1gbit speeds is awesome!

The dedicated server offer is amazing with 1tb SSD! Additional are $15/month too to make a powerful and high disk space SSD box.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

@doughnet said:
    Great services. I used them about 6 years ago and was stable and great. The new 1gbit speeds is awesome!

The dedicated server offer is amazing with 1tb SSD! Additional are $15/month too to make a powerful and high disk space SSD box.

Thanks! We are always trying to improve our services!

-Ryan

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Corero - Pro :-)

Thanked by 1miu
  • martynsmartyns Member

Only 100 gbit/s? I guess you didn't get any big attacks till now if 100 gbit/s is enough for you

@martyns said:
    Only 100 gbit/s? I guess you didn't get any big attacks till now if 100 gbit/s is enough for you

We are always growing and expanding. Can't just get 10x 100g uplinks and sell VPS at 5/mo and DS for 59/mo, doesn't work that way. That's how companies fail.

We have been in business since 1999. We have zero debt and are always improving our services/network as we add clients. In addition we do our best to own/manage all our gear in house at our datacenter.

Thanks
    Ryan

• martynsmartyns Member

just saying you'll need x10 times capacity you have now, if you want to handle attacks.
    Btw having business till 99 and having only 100 gigs come on..

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

@martyns said:
    just saying you'll need x10 times capacity you have now, if you want to handle attacks.

100G is plenty, many hosts that advertise here and on forums like WHT don't have 100G+ and have been in business for a long time. Probably 90% of my servers use under 750GB/month. The providers I use could have only 10G and I would never even know.

OPLink is a good company. Don't bash them if you've never even clicked on their site.

• martynsmartyns Member

Sorry but I clicked and close it, so I clicked.
    100gbit/s capacity is plenty yes for host that don't get attacks sure

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@martyns said:
    Sorry but I clicked and close it, so I clicked.
    100gbit/s capacity is plenty yes for host that don't get attacks sure

Sure, if they are trying to tank a 100G attack. These aren't as common as people think now, and that 1 out of 30 person that gets a 100G attack they will surely just null.

• martynsmartyns Member

I did get 430 gbit/s attack with cloudflare and google ips and many others, and just saying..

@martyns said:

We didnt start doing Colo/DS in 1999, we stated later. Oplink started as an AT&T partner reselling ATM DSL over our backbone. As that grew clients asked to put servers in our office server room at the time, we ended up moving our core network to Level3 in 2010. We pretty much shifted Oplink to be a server hosting company ever since. Today we only resell AT&T gigafiber since they dont offer a ATM solution like they used to so we can use our own backbone. The days of true Bridged DSL modems are long gone sadly! I mean for its time having Level3 backbone home/bus DSL internet was better and offered lower latency.

There are few providers than have more than a few 100g links at lowendtalk offer prices. Most still run on 10g networks or just piggy back on some larger companies network and resell it.

The colo market in Houston is much higher priced vs other cities too, something else to keep in mind.

-Ryan

Thanked by 1benj0x

@martyns said:
    I did get 430 gbit/s attack with cloudflare and google ips and many others, and just saying..

btw.. Did CF stop the attack? Do you just have a normal CF account or a GRE magic transit service? We looked at getting Magic transit and a few others. We choose to stick with equipment onsite. Main reason is cost, second reason is GRE solutions add a tiny bit of latency.

• martynsmartyns Member

sorry you didn't get me..I don't use CF, I use other provider, but Attack IP's were some of CF ones.
    Btw CF is also crap

• @martyns said:

Who on earth did you upset?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

oplink said: The colo market in Houston is much higher priced vs other cities too, something else to keep in mind.
    -Ryan

Being in the Houston area and doing Colo as well.
    Ryan is NOT lying at all on that.
    The Houston Market is expensive. That is why you don't see much out of the Houston area and everyone is up in Dallas.

• WSCallum said: Who on earth did you upset?

Judging by his earlier posts, he's one of the attacker 14 year olds.

Thanked by 1WSCallum
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

When will the E3 1270v3 model be back in stock?

@CConner said:

More are in stock later today, check the website again.

Thanks
    Ryan

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@oplink said:

@CConner said:

More are in stock later today, check the website again.

Thanks
    Ryan

Thanks dude

• martynsmartyns Member

WSCallum said: Who on earth did you upset?

Well, truthfully no one. I know who were those guys, honestly I think they were testing it for no reason..

SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Judging by his earlier posts,

Do tell which posts? Im not into attacking, never attacked no one not even with those shitty booters on web so don't talk bullshit. Just because I said "CF is crap" and some hosts doesn't mean I personally attacked.
    About age double 14 x 2 and yes Im that old.
    Btw considering your name we can clearly see whos kid, can't even think of a normal name instead "scam"

• martyns said: Well, truthfully no one. I know who were those guys, honestly I think they were testing it for no reason..

There's few systems that can reach such an attack speed. I own a Minecraft server at high risk for DDoS attacks and the highest attack we've ever received was just under 90gbps, at which point our IP got nulled and we ended up switching providers. Oplink has been in the market for a while and knows what they are doing very well. You don't have any reason for us to believe what you said was legitimate, and if you want to be respected by the people here, perhaps don't just start trying to make everyone seem bad.

• martynsmartyns Member

Im just realistic. 100 gbit/s is small capacity af.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited May 2020

PineappleBox said: There's few systems that can reach such an attack speed.

Not to mention that if someone managed to gain access to CloudFlare's infrastructure and used it to launch (massive) DDoS attacks it would be huge, internet-shattering news.

• martyns said: Attack IP's were some of CF ones

Can you describe more? For website, CF should only be for inbound traffic. Don't know about their Magic Transit so how?