Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor New UI coming soon...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor New UI coming soon...

Hi,

We are happy to announce the introduction of upcoming new design of Virtualizor Admin as well as Enduser panel.

Changes in the new UI are as follows :

1. Enduser panel is now responsive and mobile friendly.
  2. Admin panel is now responsive and mobile friendly.
  3. Added quick search option in Admin panel -> Configuration -> Master settings and slave settings
  4. Instead of Maps now country flags will be used for server location.
    NOTE: Latitude and longitude settings are replaced by Country code, State and city.
  5. Now active tasks count will be shown in the top link
  6. Added quick links for faster access

Have a quick peek at the new UI here:

Enduser Panel

Enduser Dashboard

List VM

Cloud Billing

LetsEncrypt wizard (For cloud users only)

VM management setting tab

Launch Instance wizard (For Cloud users)

User Profile wizard

Admin Panel

Admin Dashboard

List VM(s)

Create VM wizard

Manage(Edit) VM wizard

Configuration

Migrate VM wizard

Create VM Plan wizard

Rebuild VM wizard

Please let us know if you have any suggestion / issues. You can contact us on our Live chat support from our website.

Regards,
Virtualizor Team

Thanked by 3Ympker AlbaHost vpsGOD

Comments

• vserversitevserversite Member, Host Rep

Hi,

we use the Module in WHMCS. Get this too and Update from Design?
    It will be published to the same time?

Thanks!

• Looks great!

• Fix bugs, not UI. Just stop developing half-baked features and solidify current feature list. Make it bug proof.

That's my honest advice. Big companies like stability, not shiny UI's.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That was about time, even SolusVM had a better UI then Virtualizor.
    Looks nice so far.

Thanked by 2MichaelCee Ympker
  • You really need to hire a UI/UX designer :P

https://dribbble.com is the right place.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2019

I'd say UI is quite important though. Clean and sleek UI is what attracts newcomers.

Of course, if one's familiar enough with it, UI goes all the way down on the priority list.

Thanked by 3imok ITLabs sayem314
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

anyone has an Overview of the market share of virtualizo compared with solusvm and proxmox?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@FR_Michael said:
    anyone has an Overview of the market share of virtualizo compared with solusvm and proxmox?

I guess not. You should do it though.

It will give the haters one point to troll about :p

@virtualizor, why not just use https://adminlte.io/ and get over with it.
    OR the following:
    https://github.com/puikinsh/Adminator-admin-dashboard
    https://coreui.io/index.html
    https://github.com/silverbux/bootflat-admin

EDIT:
    btw, Softaculous is now under Electron Technologies FZC (registered in UAE)?

• Please for the love of god fix the bugs and add the features that us users ask for, Yes we asked for new UI however id rather have usability than a fancy looking panel . . .

• "Coming soon" posts with no ETA are annoying AF.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Still ugly. You need to focus on stability.

• It still looks very bad, better fix bugs instead.

Thanked by 2BharatB Tr33n
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

LTniger said: Fix bugs, not UI

To be fair, the entire virtualizor UI is a bug.

I bet it still takes an avergae of 3 x the work to do 1 thing that solusvm does, this is what they have failed to understand for years.

To bring up a VPS as admin

Solusvm: log in, search partial hostname or IP or any other ID, hit return, click VPS.

Virtualizor: Login (as fking root!), find VPS tab, click list VPS (wonder why they display in reverse order despite changing it every time), scroll to the right as the search bar loads off screen, drop down the filters, enter exact full hostname or IP, then wonder which one of the 3 options to use to manage it.

This is not a new UI @virtualizor these are the bare minimum lazy tweaks to the current one because either you cannot afford or do not want to pay for any advice or work from a professional UI designer and you cannot do it yourself because you do not take advice from anyone.

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited September 2019

Its a step forward. 99 steps more for the UI. You need to hire a designer. Its not just about css. Right labels are important too. Nowadays it is better to minimize the use of icons on professional dashboards. Make the icons smaller. Remove that big icon of OS, instead just put the OS/image name in the info or overview panel.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

Virtulazor has too many options in view that you do not need, for example when creating a vps

You just want a basic overview
    Which node
    How many cores
    How much RAM
    How much storage
    Data traffic
    OS

that just together and then option for extra options

Last week we went to test virtualizor but their complete vlan supported does not work and also with vlan bridge, after they have been busy for 4 hours also with senoir dev they could not solve the problem

Their FAQ / how to is also not completely and misses things

• Uhm.. still ugly af.

• @FR_Michael said:

We are roughly 20% of SolusVM's Market Share. And we have grown considerably in the last year.

@ExonHost said:
    Still ugly. You need to focus on stability.

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into more changes on the Admin Panel.
    Certain Colors in the Admin Panel will change. The Enduser Panel is actually where the major changes are. For stability, we fix things whenever a bug is reported. If you have anything to report, we will solve them.

@Akaike said:
    It still looks very bad, better fix bugs instead.

Thanks for the feedback, we will improve the UI more and are continually fix issues which many a times come due to OS level changes. We have always been proactive in fixing bugs. If you have any specific feedback on the UI or any particular bug report, please do let us know.

@AnthonySmith said:

LTniger said: Fix bugs, not UI

To be fair, the entire virtualizor UI is a bug.

This is not a new UI @virtualizor these are the bare minimum lazy tweaks to the current one because either you cannot afford or do not want to pay for any advice or work from a professional UI designer and you cannot do it yourself because you do not take advice from anyone.

There are major changes in the Enduser Panel. We can give you a real demo of the new UI for you to conclude this. We always listen to any advice and most of the features or UI changes come after user / admin suggestions.

I bet it still takes an avergae of 3 x the work to do 1 thing that solusvm does, this is what they have failed to understand for years.

To bring up a VPS as admin

Solusvm: log in, search partial hostname or IP or any other ID, hit return, click VPS.

Virtualizor: Login (as fking root!), find VPS tab, click list VPS (wonder why they display in reverse order despite changing it every time), scroll to the right as the search bar loads off screen, drop down the filters, enter exact full hostname or IP, then wonder which one of the 3 options to use to manage it.

A lot of panels allow root login and 2-3 panels that I can think of is cPanel, Direct Admin, Plesk, etc. That being said, you can always create an admin user account in Virtualizor and manage using that admin account.
    Also we never got the suggestion of a VM search box earlier. Now that you have made it, we will add it in the upcoming version (not patch releases).
    We are all ears whenever you make a suggestion.

@joeri said:
    Virtulazor has too many options in view that you do not need, for example when creating a vps

Which node
    How many cores
    How much RAM
    How much storage
    Data traffic
    OS

The form is expanded and our team will change the orientation of certain items. In short it will have a lot of closed options. But you will see minimalist options in the beginning. Thanks for this. I will post updated Admin UI designs soon again.

Last week we went to test virtualizor but their complete vlan supported does not work and also with vlan bridge, after they have been busy for 4 hours also with senoir dev they could not solve the problem

I checked the conversation with the team and they had mentioned about the vlan not being shown in the ifconfig i.e. it wasnt yet configured on the host node.
    Also a lot of our customers are using vLan with Virtualizor without issues. We are available to help you.

Regards

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@joeri said:

Which node
    How many cores
    How much RAM
    How much storage
    Data traffic
    OS

The form is expanded and our team will change the orientation of certain items. In short it will have a lot of closed options. But you will see minimalist options in the beginning. Thanks for this. I will post updated Admin UI designs soon again.

I checked the conversation with the team and they had mentioned about the vlan not being shown in the ifconfig i.e. it wasnt yet configured on the host node.
    Also a lot of our customers are using vLan with Virtualizor without issues. We are available to help you.

Regards

We have used the config that was delivered via the live chat, you have already contacted us through the mail and will look further from there 👍🏻

• Same UI with some css and color changes. I expected more

• Despite all the bashing, virtualizor works and probably the only good option we have currently in the budget world.

Keep on improving guys! But do agree, some QA testing before releases would be nice :)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • virtualizor said: We are roughly 20% of SolusVM's Market Share. And we have grown considerably in the last year.

What do you mean by "20% of SolusVM's Market Share"?

• @doghouch said:

virtualizor said: We are roughly 20% of SolusVM's Market Share. And we have grown considerably in the last year.

What do you mean by "20% of SolusVM's Market Share"?

Don't quote me but I guess for every 100 SolusVM, there's 20 Virtualizor? Now based on what fact and data? That I have 0 clue.

• When will we see this new UI released?

• @Cheridon said:
    When will we see this new UI released?

The enduser UI will be under going some user tests.
    So maybe in a month it will be under the release branch. But we are making a lot of changes in the admin ui.

• Ooof. I'm late to the party, but this thread is a tough read.

• @alectrocute said:
    Ooof. I'm late to the party, but this thread is a tough read.

Don't thread necro, especially if you have nothing of value to add.

• momkinmomkin Member

Still ugly design thanks but i prefer SolusVM design !

• tetahosttetahost Member
    edited May 2020

Design is far from the other competitors have. Try to make something modern

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Lol

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Hassan said:
    Lol

No you!