Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach unresponsive support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach unresponsive support

ocalleocalle Member

I spent a lot of unsuccessful time trying to get Virmach to give me back access to my control panel, which I paid for in a timely manner, the servers are good, but the end-user support is lousy

Ticket Created #342094 and a lot of much more

Comments

• ocalleocalle Member

I'm sorry because I liked

• What do you want we do ? Btw, you can screenshot your ticket and post it, so we can shame you ?

• mrclownmrclown Member

Do you read before you order about their support? They stated clearly in order form.

• ocalleocalle Member

@ben47955 said:
    What do you want we do ? Btw, you can screenshot your ticket and post it, so we can shame you ?

Excuse me? Can I post when something's not working?

Just so I don't feel too lonely as a client, when a client complains about needing the provider's attention, I probably won't get it

• ocalleocalle Member

@mrclown said:
    Do you read before you order about their support? They stated clearly in order form.

my fault ever trust in the other person

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@ocalle said:

@ben47955 said:
    What do you want we do ? Btw, you can screenshot your ticket and post it, so we can shame you ?

Excuse me? Can I post when something's not working?

Just so I don't feel too lonely as a client, when a client complains about needing the provider's attention, I probably won't get it

This is not their support platform. It's a public forum.
    Also neither you post any screenshot nor the date you opened the ticket.

You even did not tag virmach on your post.

Anyway let me do that favor to you @VirMach

Thanked by 2o_be_one Pwner
  • duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited May 2020

ocalle said: Excuse me? Can I post when something's not working?

It's most likely your fault I'm betting as it seems you don't know what's going on

When they ask for a screenshot, they refer to the ticket, if it isn't working, then how did you submit a ticket? nobody is referring to the control panel, just the ticket lol

But you just came here to bad mouth right? when someone fucks up a bit, you shit on them lol, this is why your opinion can't be taken seriously.

Not the first time lol, everytime they make a mistake, you talk crap, then go back to working with them lol:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164134/virmach-recovering-trouble-support-not-answering#latest
    ^ You lost your backup file, they didn't do what you wanted, now they're the crap provider that won't answer your emails. Oh man

Also, it's funny that one asks for a screenshot, and you say it's not working, when OP says that he doesn't have access anymore lol

Did you forget your password again? fuck virmach, it's their fault XD

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

ViridWeb said: This is not their support platform. It's a public forum.

He knows that.

@ocalle came on live chat at 9PM on May 4th, to tell us he has two factor authentication on his account, lost his two factor authentication, and also lost his backup codes.

Here is where I want to point out that this is the first message that appears on live chat.

When customers message us on live chat, we have a quick few questions asked to try to automatically answer common issues and to ensure the customers provide the proper information on chat.

At this point @ocalle is asked this on live chat. Of course, this was ignored. Well actually he was unable to realize these are buttons you click and he typed on chat that he did have an account. This essentially ensures that he did not go through the sorting step for the live chat.

Here is how that would have ended up:

Of course, most people ignore this as well, even though we state that we cannot make any account changes on live chat. So something like this would definitely be an account change. But let's say "continue on chat" and after maybe 30 seconds we're presented with the following.

Anyway, @ocalle did not do this, so he was instead told by an agent to make a ticket as a guest and provided the link to make this ticket and his chat was resolved in about 30 minutes.

He created the ticket the next day, at May 5th, around 5PM.

Here is where he creates a ticket, and tells us he has already posted on LET about this, he's already contacted us previously about this, and that he will post on LET about this again. He was of course given the general instructions for sending this information in since he opened a new request, at about 9PM on May 5th.

So what does this mean?

Of course, no reply on the same ticket explaining the situation. That would be too productive. Back to a new chat, on May 6th at about 2PM, saying he has not received any response and asks what we need to verify his account. This was stated on the ticket, the previous day.

He also mentions how he needs to use our services because it's good, but he needs to cancel all his services.

At this point, he is told to please not come on live chat about an existing ticket. We explain to him that this kind of thing only makes it take longer because we get a high volume of tickets asking about chats. @ocalle sees this response, and states that he just cancelled all of his services and that he expects to never need our services. He then links this thread, and sarcastically says that our request that he not create chats about tickets is a "nice point" as in, he believes it's an excuse we are providing instead of assisting him.

ocalle said: I spent a lot of unsuccessful time

I agree with you here.

It looks like you've been trying to get this done for nearly two months, wow.

So initially, @ocalle contacted us and was given instructions to provide 5 pieces of information via e-mail. He sent some of this information but it was incomplete and he also did not e-mail it; he replied this to the ticket. Later, he confirmed that he sent this via e-mail as well. Again, this has missing information. For example, we ask for transaction ID, and he provided a copy of the transaction which is great, but it included only the invoice ID and not the transaction ID. We ask what day the customer signed up, and he copied over an e-mail of him requesting a password reset.

Then another ticket was created, repeating the same thing, our staff repeating the same thing, him repeating the same incomplete information via ticket and not email.

At this point our agent even helps link him to our e-mail by creating a chain with him in it and he does not reply.

Then, another ticket, he attached his transaction ID here which is great, we need that, but he's making another random guest ticket about it and not providing it in the same e-mail chain. The person handling this will not see all random tickets created by guests. He is given instruction to e-mail this again.

Of course here he threatens to publish a post on LowEndBox, I guess he's an admin there.

And here we are, a perfect example of why we have a backlog of these requests. Because I guess the kind of people that set two factor authentication, lose their phone, and also either never write their backup code or also save the backup code on their phone (or whatever else) when the instructions state how important this information can be, also ignore other communication. We then have to go back and forth, try to collect all the information, and thoroughly process it because we take everyone's account security very seriously.

When we nicely ask that he keep communication in one place it's instead spread across more chats, tickets, and apparently two LET posts? I never even saw the other one.

duckeeyuck said: Not the first time lol, everytime they make a mistake, you talk crap, then go back to working with them lol:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164134/virmach-recovering-trouble-support-not-answering#latest

Oh, right here. Boy that was a fun read too.

(EDIT) TLDR @ocalle if you want to reset 2FA please sent the requested pieces of information (like actually send what we requested) in the ORIGINAL e-mail chain and nowhere else.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

VirMach said: @ocalle came on live chat at 9PM on May 4th, to tell us he has two factor authentication on his account, lost his two factor authentication, and also lost his backup codes.

...and a lot of much more, to quote @ocalle.

• imokimok Member
    edited May 2020

Just ban @ocalle :D Must be a better troll than @deank

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @VirMach said:

ViridWeb said: This is not their support platform. It's a public forum.

He knows that.

@ocalle came on live chat at 9PM on May 4th, to tell us he has two factor authentication on his account, lost his two factor authentication, and also lost his backup codes.

Here is where I want to point out that this is the first message that appears on live chat.

When customers message us on live chat, we have a quick few questions asked to try to automatically answer common issues and to ensure the customers provide the proper information on chat.

At this point @ocalle is asked this on live chat. Of course, this was ignored. Well actually he was unable to realize these are buttons you click and he typed on chat that he did have an account. This essentially ensures that he did not go through the sorting step for the live chat.

Here is how that would have ended up:

Of course, most people ignore this as well, even though we state that we cannot make any account changes on live chat. So something like this would definitely be an account change. But let's say "continue on chat" and after maybe 30 seconds we're presented with the following.

Anyway, @ocalle did not do this, so he was instead told by an agent to make a ticket as a guest and provided the link to make this ticket and his chat was resolved in about 30 minutes.

He created the ticket the next day, at May 5th, around 5PM.

Here is where he creates a ticket, and tells us he has already posted on LET about this, he's already contacted us previously about this, and that he will post on LET about this again. He was of course given the general instructions for sending this information in since he opened a new request, at about 9PM on May 5th.

So what does this mean?

Of course, no reply on the same ticket explaining the situation. That would be too productive. Back to a new chat, on May 6th at about 2PM, saying he has not received any response and asks what we need to verify his account. This was stated on the ticket, the previous day.

He also mentions how he needs to use our services because it's good, but he needs to cancel all his services.

At this point, he is told to please not come on live chat about an existing ticket. We explain to him that this kind of thing only makes it take longer because we get a high volume of tickets asking about chats. @ocalle sees this response, and states that he just cancelled all of his services and that he expects to never need our services. He then links this thread, and sarcastically says that our request that he not create chats about tickets is a "nice point" as in, he believes it's an excuse we are providing instead of assisting him.

ocalle said: I spent a lot of unsuccessful time

I agree with you here.

So initially, @ocalle contacted us and was given instructions to provide 5 pieces of information via e-mail. He sent some of this information but it was incomplete and he also did not e-mail it; he replied this to the ticket. Later, he confirmed that he sent this via e-mail as well. Again, this has missing information. For example, we ask for transaction ID, and he provided a copy of the transaction which is great, but it included only the invoice ID and not the transaction ID. We ask what day the customer signed up, and he copied over an e-mail of him requesting a password reset.

Then another ticket was created, repeating the same thing, our staff repeating the same thing, him repeating the same incomplete information via ticket and not email.

At this point our agent even helps link him to our e-mail by creating a chain with him in it and he does not reply.

Then, another ticket, he attached his transaction ID here which is great, we need that, but he's making another random guest ticket about it and not providing it in the same e-mail chain. The person handling this will not see all random tickets created by guests. He is given instruction to e-mail this again.

Of course here he threatens to publish a post on LowEndBox, I guess he's an admin there.

And here we are, a perfect example of why we have a backlog of these requests. Because I guess the kind of people that set two factor authentication, lose their phone, and also either never write their backup code or also save the backup code on their phone (or whatever else) when the instructions state how important this information can be, also ignore other communication. We then have to go back and forth, try to collect all the information, and thoroughly process it because we take everyone's account security very seriously.

When we nicely ask that he keep communication in one place it's instead spread across more chats, tickets, and apparently two LET posts? I never even saw the other one.

duckeeyuck said: Not the first time lol, everytime they make a mistake, you talk crap, then go back to working with them lol:

Oh, right here. Boy that was a fun read too.

(EDIT) TLDR @ocalle if you want to reset 2FA please sent the requested pieces of information (like actually send what we requested) in the ORIGINAL e-mail chain and nowhere else.

But your 2fa has been broken for months now. It doesnt send codes to the registered email like it used to. You have to make sure you have the backup code and save the new one again after.

• Crazy how much time you spent on this case @VirMach , including time spent here to explain us why this customer is complaining and it's not your fault. That's not only a lot of wasted time, it's also a lot of wasted money since this customer probably don't spend enough to "pay" all this particular support he is requesting for nothing.
    I appreciate your transparency and thanks for making all clear to us.

Sometime i don't understand how some customers can't see how it's way more grateful to be nice with support, how they will help us the most they can just because the relationship is respectful and easygoing. The difference it makes among all other support requests is also a lot relaxing/helpful for the support guy/girl that is handling a lot requests that may includes also angry people.

Would like to conclude my post with a big thumbs up to all people that are working on support and help us to enjoy good services.

Thanked by 2VirMach imok
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Now he'll regret bringing this up here :joy:

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

timelapse said: But your 2fa has been broken for months now. It doesnt send codes to the registered email like it used to. You have to make sure you have the backup code and save the new one again after.

No one has ever reported being locked out because our system does not send an e-mail, at least to where I saw it. We do have some reports of issues with resetting password but we can resolve that should anyone contact us.

I do not recall ever having two factor set up with e-mail. Both your e-mail and code would be attached to your e-mail and that's a single point of failure, although I guess it does still provide some level of protection/confirmation. We never went for that (unless I was not involved) and if it was ever a thing it was not meant to be a substitute for time based tokens. I do see people made a lot of assumptions in the other thread about some other unrelated things so I'm not sure if this is one of those assumptions or if at some point in time people received an e-mail to log in to their account. In any case, I do see here that we've had time-based tokens since July 22nd, 2014.

That would be initially labeled as Google authenticator and then other authentication apps bundled in as just "time based" 2FA, as they became popular.

• god damn i love virmach! you guys spend so much time on people even when they dont deserve it! I will always recommend you to any of my clients any day.
    keep up the good work you guys do!

• @VirMach How much time did that CS audit cost you? Get back to work! ;)

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Well done @VirMach ! Anything left @ocalle ?

• ocalleocalle Member

obviously we are not understanding all the information they asked for even the paypal payment send it by mail. I answered the tickets too, I don't know what else to do

• ocalleocalle Member

"I agree with you here.

So initially, @ocalle contacted us and was given instructions to provide 5 pieces of information via e-mail. He sent some of this information but it was incomplete and he also did not e-mail it; he replied this to the ticket. Later, he confirmed that he sent this via e-mail as well. Again, this has missing information. For example, we ask for transaction ID, and he provided a copy of the transaction which is great, but it included only the invoice ID and not the transaction ID. We ask what day the customer signed up, and he copied over an e-mail of him requesting a password reset."

I answered both tickets and no response

• ocalleocalle Member

Hey all, my service is paid , and sent by email this info, private data not visible perphaps

1) Last login or first login IP address on your account

I cleaned my logins my ISP IP is ever the same 181.xxx.xxx.7

2) Your billing information (name and address on file

O Callei, private data

my email address m

3) Your payment information for your last payment such as your transaction ID, payment method and a screenshot of the payment if applicable.

Hola, O

Ha enviado un pago por importe de $xx,00 USD a Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
    ([email protected])

Esta transacción puede tardar unos momentos en aparecer en su cuenta.
    Comercio
    Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
    [email protected]
    800-877-2176 Instrucciones para el comercio
    No ha dado incluido ninguna instrucción para el vendedor.

Descripción Precio por unidad Cantidad Importe
    Virtual Machine Solutions LLC - Invoice #765130
    $xx,00 USD 1 $xx,00 USD
    Subtotal $xx,00 USD
    Total $xx,00 USD
    Pago $xx,00 USD
    Pagos enviados a [email protected]

4) Some information on when you signed up (Day, month, year, whatever you know)

VirMach

Dear O

Recently a request was submitted to reset your password for our client area. If you did not request this, please ignore this email. It will expire in 2 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the url below:
    https://billing.virmach.com/pwreset.php?key=eef54e2257ddd8b087e8adc1f4569e46c289e3f3137e9c6fd69358ade913b8fc

When you visit the link above, you will have the opportunity to choose a new password. Please do not reply to this email.

Support Team

Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail. Use our ticket system directly.

5) How many services you have and what packages they are. Also the IPs of any active services.

1 2 GB 30 GB hd VPS LET
    Your service is being installed...
    Please wait up to 10 minutes for server setup to complete. Do not re-install, reboot, or reconfigure while setup is completing.
    Windows: Getting Started.

Use the "VNC" button on your service details page to view the setup screen. The Operating System is already installed -- you just need to set a desired Administrator password. Once your password is set, you can use Windows Remote Desktop with the following details, and the password you've set.
    Computer: 107.173.24.127
    User name: Administrator
    Advanced Control Panel
    Your VPS controls are available on your service details page. Here you can reboot your VPS, re-install your operating system, and more. If you require advanced direct access to your full SolusVM control panel, you may click the "Control Panel" button on your service details page. You will automatically be logged in to your control panel. If you would like to access your control panel independently, you can use the direct link. Your username is "2gbspecssd09b33721f1a1f0d" and you must reset your password to obtain it.

Support Team

Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail. Use our ticket system directly.

--

• ocalleocalle Member

one more thing, this post was made to get an answer and solve the problem, I work with 5 more providers and I never had this communication inconvenience, neither I handle the arrogance, I gave them my phone to communicate with me as it was always done.
    Anyway, I apologize to you, what I regret the most is that I cannot use your service for my applications because it was working well, as I said at the beginning

• deankdeank Member, Troll

We have another @cazrz here.

Geez.

• ocalleocalle Member

@deank said:

Geez.

freedom of expression is for everyone, who decides who we are and who is?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

What could possibly go wrong by posting all those info on a public forum? Those are ways to identify yourself but you voluntarily publish it for someone else to impersonate you...

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@deank said:

Geez.

really?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2020

@cazrz said:

@deank said:

Geez.

really?

yeah, I didn't understand that post either. this clearly is OVHs support desk and not virmachs... ;-)

• cazrzcazrz Member

@Falzo said:

@cazrz said:

@deank said:

Geez.

really?

yeah, I didn't understand that post either. this clearly is OVHs support desk and not virmachs... ;-)

ok thanks

• WSSWSS Member

#dicks

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

My nuts hurt from reading this! Wow, well i dont think the op will be getting into his account anytime soon. @VirMach needs to draw out in crayons and maybe the op will understand.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited May 2020

Dude did you post your vps ip and expired passwd reset link? Hope that ip fake lol expect the flood
    @ocalle