Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do with IP addresses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What to do with IP addresses?

Hi fellows, I own around 2000 IP addresses through years by working on many projects. Most of them are stable with their original purposes. Now I'm wondering is there any way to earn more money with them? (I have the full rights to do anything with those IPs).
I don't prefer doing something like youtube/social media bot.

Comments

• zenkizenki Member
    edited May 2020

2000! What region/RIR?

• seriesnseriesn Member

@lou_tech said:
    Hi fellows, I own around 2000 IP addresses through years by working on many projects. Most of them are stable with their original purposes. Now I'm wondering is there any way to earn more money with them? (I have the full rights to do anything with those IPs).

Hello,
    What region? How many subnets?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@lou_tech said:

Congratulations for your first comment

BTW, is that a new way to bypass LET rules on IP lease?

Anyway you can rent them on third party broker websites

• no 7$ offer yet?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Own as in? They’re actually yours or allocated/leased to you by someone else?

• lou_techlou_tech Member
    edited May 2020

Thanks for comments. To be clear, I'd ask for something that I can do personally, kind of services that I have full control of those IPs.

2000! What region/RIR? What region? How many subnets?
    BTW, is that a new way to bypass LET rules on IP lease?

EU/Asia, 8-10 blocks iirc. I owned them by companies/startups, not personal. And it's legit.

What region? How many subnets?
    Anyway you can rent them on third party broker websites
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn

I can't sublet them. They are already running my services and I don't want someone else mess them up.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@lou_tech said: I can't sublet them. They are already running my services and I don't want someone else mess them up.

If you don't mind me asking, what services are you currently running that's utilizing your 2000 IP addresses?

• Own as in? They’re actually yours or allocated/leased to you by someone else?

it's mixed

If you don't mind me asking, what services are you currently running that's utilizing your 2000 IP addresses?

I can name 2 of my public services, some are ERP for SME, some are for cryptocurrency nodes. Others are private

• omelasomelas Member

2000 ips are about 8 /24, so maybe you can stash your nodes to about 2 (one for eu one for asia) and lease others?

• jhjh Member

One word: shoes

Thanked by 1pike
  • koliekolie Member

Rent/delegate them. Sell them on a broker ( what are these going for these days? probably a clean block 5,500 easy for a /24 ). Offer cheap public IP upsells.

If your not making a return on them they aren't worth keeping idle.

• seriesnseriesn Member

If you are interested in selling them and if these are within ARIN region, please send me a pm :)

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

@seriesn said:
    If you are interested in selling them and if these are within ARIN region, please send me a pm :)

Just guessing.. Your next location is SG/HK? :wink:

• asasdasasd Member

@lou_tech said: What to do with IPv4 addresses?

Keep them idle to help the world change to IPv6.

@lou_tech said: Now I'm wondering is there any way to earn more money with them?

Sell them to me and I will keep them idle to help the world change to IPv6. I am serious.

Thanked by 2lentro Claverhouse
  • Wow. I'm a bit surprised that all advice keeps telling me to sell or sublet them although I said that I already have a ton of services running on those IPs and I can't do that, TWICE. My guess is this forum is for trading IP not for asking business ideas.
    But thank you, anyway.

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep

@lou_tech said:
    Wow. I'm a bit surprised that all advice keeps telling me to sell or sublet them although I said that I already have a ton of services running on those IPs and I can't do that, TWICE. My guess is this forum is for trading IP not for asking business ideas.
    But thank you, anyway.

If you already have services running on them, how do you expect to make more money using them? Unless it's services that can just use certain ports on the IP?

Sell NAT VPS's?

• How is that companies are allowed to keep using subnets without justification? Years ago, I worked for a company that ran a wireless ISP but no longer. After a bunch of people left, I could swear I had to fill out some documentation that justified keeping the /24 or else they'd lose it.

• @TimboJones said:
    How is that companies are allowed to keep using subnets without justification? Years ago, I worked for a company that ran a wireless ISP but no longer. After a bunch of people left, I could swear I had to fill out some documentation that justified keeping the /24 or else they'd lose it.

Unless the justification is periodic (e.g. every 1/5/10 years) then that only works if people declare that their original justification etc is no longer appropriate.

In other words, who would fill in their taxes honestly if they knew they'd never be audited?

• @danielhm said:
    In other words, who would fill in their taxes honestly if they knew they'd never be audited?

I fucking hate these people. The.Fucking.Worst.