Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

credit card payment gateway for whmcs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

credit card payment gateway for whmcs

vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

What is the best credit card payment gateway for whmcs ? Stripe is very good but it's unfornatully not supported in Egypt.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

You could open a briefcase company in a supported country to use stripe.
    Stripe even offers this as a service called Stripe Atlas.

Thanked by 1vingohost
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

2co (Don't know if they still accept hosting or not)

Thanked by 1vingohost
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

I am not sure if it's supported in Egypt, but you can try Square. They have worked out well for us.
    Stripe is a terrible company for hosts to use, they will kick you off if you are found to be a hosting provider.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    I am not sure if it's supported in Egypt, but you can try Square. They have worked out well for us.
    Stripe is a terrible company for hosts to use, they will kick you off if you are found to be a hosting provider.

Thank you. I will check if it's supported in egypt.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

I would suggest to contact 2Checkout, as it shows "Egypt" from their Global Payments page.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

I'm not sure about that, we've been using stripe for 2+ years and have got 0 issues. We even told them about our company's operations as well. I guess you've had too many chargebacks to deal with?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Stripe is fine if you don't get a single chargeback. When you do say goodbye to it.

Thanked by 2vingohost feezioxiii
  • serveria_comserveria_com Member, Host Rep

Stripe is a joke. They could dump you for no reason. 2Checkout obviously accept hosting as they're advertising on the front page of WHMC gateways. But you should know they only allow 1% chargebacks and refunds also count! So it means that if you had like 100 transactions and 1 refund you're done...

Thanked by 1vingohost
  • LeviLevi Member

2CO does not accept high risk business. Web hosting is a high risk business. You can try to signup, but eventually you will be booted out. Stripe is good solution.

Thanked by 1vingohost

Stripe is good, as long as you don't get chargebacks. They don't support high-risk businesses. So if you get a chargeback they kick you out. So if you want to use stripe just don't get any chargebacks.

I believe 2CO is what 3-6% per transaction? which is a lot higher than Stripe.

High-risk card payment gateways are expensive too, some will ask for a 10% reserve and some won't. So you are going to have to search out which one is best for you.

Unfortunately, Web Hosting is a high-risk business, you will never change a payment service provider's mind. Trust me I've tried multiple times to no success.

Thanked by 1vingohost

@Jord said:
    Stripe is good, as long as you don't get chargebacks. They don't support high-risk businesses. So if you get a chargeback they kick you out. So if you want to use stripe just don't get any chargebacks.

I believe 2CO is what 3-6% per transaction? which is a lot higher than Stripe.

High-risk card payment gateways are expensive too, some will ask for a 10% reserve and some won't. So you are going to have to search out which one is best for you.

Unfortunately, Web Hosting is a high-risk business, you will never change a payment service provider's mind. Trust me I've tried multiple times to no success.

I saw alot of providers using stripe. Their fee is less that 2CO. But it's not supported in egypt. I don't know if I will be able to withdraw the received funds in egypt.

LTniger said: 2CO does not accept high risk business. Web hosting is a high risk business. You can try to signup, but eventually you will be booted out. Stripe is good solution.

>

I will try 2CO. Stripe isn't supported in egypt. I don't know if I will be able to withdraw.

edited May 2020

@vingohost said:

LTniger said: 2CO does not accept high risk business. Web hosting is a high risk business. You can try to signup, but eventually you will be booted out. Stripe is good solution.

>

I will try 2CO. Stripe isn't supported in egypt. I don't know if I will be able to withdraw.

If Stripe isn't in Egypt then they won't accept your account and won't be able to transfer the funds to you. Do some googling there are plenty of payment gateways that can help you.

Thanked by 1vingohost

@LTniger said:
    2CO does not accept high risk business. Web hosting is a high risk business.

No it's not. Hundreds of web hosting companies are using 2CO. Take a look here: https://www.2checkout.com/legal/acceptance/ there is no sign of web hosting on their prohibited products page. We've also been using it for ~5 years 2011-2016.

@vingohost said:

>

Perhaps it's a good idea to use your local processor? Are there any Egypt-based processors?

Thanked by 1vingohost
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

As long as you manage your fraud properly you won't have issues with Stripe. Use MaxMind

serveria_com said: No it's not. Hundreds of web hosting companies are using 2CO. Take a look here: https://www.2checkout.com/legal/acceptance/ there is no sign of web hosting on their prohibited products page. We've also been using it for ~5 years 2011-2016.

>

I'm going to try 2checkout.

edited May 2020

Hassan said: As long as you manage your fraud properly you won't have issues with Stripe. Use MaxMind

I like stripe also there are many web hosting companies using it. But the only problem is they don't support egypt and I'm withdrawing from egypt.

Thank you all. I'm going to try 2checkout.

• mikecmikec Member

You need to make sure your chargeback is always low in any payment gateway. Generally, it should be less than 1%. Sign up for fraud screening service such as FraudLabs Pro is recommended to manage your risk.

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Hassan said:
    As long as you manage your fraud properly you won't have issues with Stripe. Use MaxMind

3D secure or nothing, amirit?

@seriesn said:

@Hassan said:

You are wrong 😂

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@seriesn said:

@Hassan said:

@Jord said:

@seriesn said:

@Hassan said:

You are wrong 😂

lmao