Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interworx Control Panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interworx Control Panel

GBIGBI Member, Host Rep

I've been doing some research on Interworx control panel, it looks pretty good and slightly more mature than DirectAdmin. Most of the posts here about Interworx is pre-cPanel price gate. I'm sure a lot has happened since so looking for genuine feedback and reviews please.

They're offering a free 3 month trial, so I could just test it for myself but what I really want is real and actual feedback from web hosts.

Has anyone successfully rolled this control panel out to paying customers?
How is the general feedback from customers who have migrated from cPanel to Interworx?

Many thanks!

Comments

• sweatbarsweatbar Member
    edited May 2020

Never used it. It says 2 weeks license

• GBIGBI Member, Host Rep

@sweatbar said:
    Never used it. It says 2 weeks license

Definitely 3 months free trial with promo code "0TTGD76IH6"

Thanked by 1sweatbar

They used to have a one-time license option with an optional 6 month updates for $60, but it looks like they have followed all the other control panels and removed this now :neutral:

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

the interworx road map looks good. I know HostDime also offer and support this control panel.

Thanked by 1GBI
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2020

From a small hoster perspective: a third/quarter of the price and it might get a serious consideration.

Thanked by 1GBI
    edited May 2020

@experttechit said:
    the interworx road map looks good. I know HostDime also offer and support this control panel.

Noticed that this may be owned by Liquid Web. So probably there is strong support from them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure LW own it... so may not be a safe option.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint GBI
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited May 2020

Liquid Web purchased it some time after the big cPanel price update.
    https://www.liquidweb.com/blog/cpanel-price-increases-2019/

Thanked by 1GBI
  • LeviLevi Member

Ha! Liquidweb does not play with licensing, they just bought an entire control panel. Nice!

MS said:

They mention that prices are locked for 3 years. Which only means that a price increase may be very likely in 2023. They have no price increase protection like DirectAdmin for existing customers.

I don’t believe any pricing structure.... regardless of ‘price promise’ prices will always rise.

Thanked by 1GBI
    edited May 2020

@experttechit said:
    I don’t believe any pricing structure.... regardless of ‘price promise’ prices will always rise.

Prices will always increase in line with inflation - this is totally acceptable. What doesn't make sense is when companies capitalise on this and increase prices at a higher ratio than the original increase. However, I think DirectAdmin's price promise is quite firm and very public so pretty sure they will stick to their words like they have done so far.

Domain registrars are known for this I think. For example, the registry price may go up for a particular domain TLD, like the recent 4% increase for the .uk and .co.uk ccTLD, rather than passing on this 4% rise some registrars have hiked the price by 20-30% stating registry price increase, one actually increased the price by 60%. That's not acceptable and it's not ethical either if the sole reason given is registry price increase.

• vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

Their control panel UI/UX looks bad. DirectAdmin Evolution theme is better. I think directadmin is more user-friendly.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited May 2020

I don't know when they last updated their website, but please, remove the testimonial from your own company which owns the company you're leaving a testimonial for, LiquidWeb.

• cazrzcazrz Member

IMHO, I think its a good move for them. This will cut their cost once they updated the panel. In the long run it will be less cost for them. I used this panel before and its just fine. I used it like sometime 10 years ago iirc. Right now I think selling to public will not be their focus. So a lot of work on the website and panel still needs to be done. Including the UI.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

It's pretty good. It has been battle tested by Nexcess over the years. Their clustering works pretty well if that's what you need. The default theme is god awful though lol

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Looks like they are trying to improve. https://www.interworx.com/roadmap-feature-request-feedback-form/

Added few good feature and integration. Also updated theme.

• jhjh Member
    edited May 2020

API/CLI look really good. GUI looks crap. Looks like they removed the owned licence?

@ABCV said:

MS said:

They mention that prices are locked for 3 years. Which only means that a price increase may be very likely in 2023. They have no price increase protection like DirectAdmin for existing customers.

I think the same could be said for just about everything we all buy.