Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For: Voxility Game DDoS Protected Dedicated Server in Germany - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking For: Voxility Game DDoS Protected Dedicated Server in Germany

2»

Comments

• @martyns said:
    Okay if you say so.
    Than go with Link11, shit which goes down with every attack

Hes going with Voxility. I don't think anyone will change his mind on that.

• Vox is also bad but ok, I just gave my opinion.
    I don't have nothing to do with Livingbots, Im just their happy customer

• You'll wanna sword fight? I swear my dick is smaller.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

still looking for one.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited May 2020

Per experience in gaming (i've my own since 10 years), Voxility is really bad with UDP. It's a real filter so you even get packet loss when you are under attack, ton of packet loss that time out all your players. Their filter is not evolved enough for that.

OVH Game anti-ddos has proven multiple time how good it is, also for well known games they help to enhance the protection if requested ; but if it didn't change since few years they may lack employees that are dedicated to this.

NFOservers as also a good reputation with anti-ddos protection but their cap limit is a bit to low.

I'm now curious with the new ddos protection from CloudFlare BuyVM is using!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@sezing said:
    still looking for one.

Does it still have to be Voxility?

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited May 2020

I think https://meerfarbig.net/ does Voxility, might want to inquire them. (https://meerfarbig.net/ddos-mitigation/)

Clouvider said: Does it still have to be Voxility?

Assuming this is the same solution Dom deployed in AMS, it seems to do a great job. When last week their detection triggered for one of my customers, other than a slightly increased latency (a backhaul to a Corero elsewhere or just processing maybe?) to one specific IP, I didn't notice anything - in fact, it is the latency that I had noticed - no downtime or clogging of our big fat 10G pipes :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited May 2020

@martyns said:
    Didn't even say that is perfect but is far better than vox or ovh, btw tcp isn't problem at all if you configure your firewall with iptables :).
    And owner surely filter every attack easy and fast, its not like other resellers to wait few days to filter stupid attack

Living bots is owned by some sketchy kid as with many anti ddos services. Looks like the Rona hurt some businesses more.
    Regarding vox, if you really want them for a game server just go ahead and waste your time.

• vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

I think that ramnode uses voxility.

• asasdasasd Member

I would be honored if someone with more knowledge could explain how DDoS protection works for un-cachable latency sensitive stuff like game servers. It all seems snake oil to me.

I haven't seen a real DDoS attack on game servers for a long time. Only small application specific DoS attacks which could be easily filtered with the right firewall rules.

• asasd said: I would be honored if someone with more knowledge could explain how DDoS protection works for un-cachable latency sensitive stuff like game servers. It all seems snake oil to me.

Think of DDoS protection as the oposite of a DDoS network. Essentially, (In the case of DDoS mitigation), the attacker might send out a 1gbps attack. If a network is 1gbps, once all of that network is in use from the attack, it will stop working. DDoS mitigation essentially has a large, highly-redundant network, that has a varying capacity depending on how powerful it is. In most cases you will be proxied into this network on your own dedicated IP. So it will of course add some latancy, but it's just a matter of having a relatively close system to the servers housing the protection.
    That is just to the best of my understanding, so if I am incorrect please do correct me.