Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amsterdam VPS - Who is long standing - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amsterdam VPS - Who is long standing

2»

Comments

• Ultravps in Amsterdam has good leaseweb. Sadly no more yearly promotion.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

@davenz said:
    @LiteServer I have replied to you. Unfortunately a lot VPS providers have burnt me before and I prefer to go to providers that have round the clock support even if I have to pay more. Thanks for understanding. This is no reflection of your services I just did not know it was a one man band :)

We're not a one man band, LiteServer has a great team of techs. But we just don't offer 24/7 support on unmanaged VPSes. For managed VPSes (SLA) we do though, but those are in a different price range too.
    Everything non-critical like manual order reviews and/or regular questions are handled during the day, and we use night time to sleep and charge our own 'batteries' :-). We need to stay realistic with VPSes in this price range, and can't guarantee 5 minute response times during the night hours. But we do our best to handle all requests asap, so as most people know here on LET we often reply within an hour during the day :-).
    Our network and virtualization platform is of course being monitoring 24/7.

You're always welcome in case you change your mind :-).

• kp93kp93 Member

@davenz said:
    @LiteServer I have replied to you. Unfortunately a lot VPS providers have burnt me before and I prefer to go to providers that have round the clock support even if I have to pay more. Thanks for understanding. This is no reflection of your services I just did not know it was a one man band :)

1) Fastest response will be provided by KnownHost they have NL location, their price is to High.

2) I started with Managed VPS at @LiteServer end up having all categories servers with them , including shared hosting.

Callum provides realistic replies and solutions.

Better to get smallest vps with any provider and test them.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • @LiteServer said:
    as most people know here on LET we often reply within an hour during the day :-).

More like 4-7 mins whenever it has been a blocker issue for me.
    I use ticket Priority:low for things that can wait.

Not Cool OP.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • I've been a Ramnode customer for about 7 years now. Performance has always been great and we've never had any issues with the uptime whatsoever.

Their support is extremely fast. Every time I've filed a ticket, I got a response within about an hour or so (and often within minutes). We've always had very good experiences with them.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @LiteServer said:

@nullnothere said:
    @LiteServer is who you're probably looking for although technically they're in Dronten. 'Nuff said.

Thanks! :-)
    Yes, our main VPS platform is located in Dronten which is almost around the corner of Amsterdam ;-)

you guys are offshore?
    ignore dmca?
    allow adult content?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2020

@rajsinhahyd said:
    you guys are offshore?

The Netherlands is part of mainland Europe.

For something out at sea try Sealand. Their datacenter went on fire once and they've had a few military invasions.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@DarthApple said:
    I've been a Ramnode customer for about 7 years now. Performance has always been great and we've never had any issues with the uptime whatsoever.

Their support is extremely fast. Every time I've filed a ticket, I got a response within about an hour or so (and often within minutes). We've always had very good experiences with them.

Sadly their NL location is second class compared to the US ones. They've partnered with a mediocre network and there are some restrictions like the prohibition of torrent traffic, which are a bit surprising given the country.

With other excellent European providers like UltraVPS, Liteserver, iwStack or even LeaseWeb in their price range, I'd only choose them if already a customer in other locations and need to expand into Europe, which probably was their idea anyway.

But don't misunderstand me, they are still more reliable than nearly every provider in this forum and pricing is good.

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited May 2020

If you haven't tried nfoservers, I would recommend them if you want to just buy a box and keep it forever. Host since early 2000s.

Thanked by 1alexue