Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amsterdam VPS - Who is long standing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amsterdam VPS - Who is long standing

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Which company in Amsterdam has been long standing a great track record and not going anyway or closing up shop that is reasonably priced

Comments

• RecDRecD Member

davenz said: reasonably priced

Define 'reasonably'

or try Vultr and DigitalOcean

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

INIZ @kt is probably one the oldest and reliable provider in Amsterdam NL.

Thanked by 1kt
  • leaseweb..?

• @LiteServer is who you're probably looking for although technically they're in Dronten. 'Nuff said.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@nullnothere said:
    @LiteServer is who you're probably looking for although technically they're in Dronten. 'Nuff said.

Thanks! :-)
    Yes, our main VPS platform is located in Dronten which is almost around the corner of Amsterdam ;-)

• cazrzcazrz Member

BuyVM isn't in Amsterdam iirc.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited May 2020

There’s only one option: @LiteServer. Not really in Amsterdam, but Dronten is ~2-3 ms away from there. You’re not going to notice that.

And if you really want Amsterdam, you could go for UltraVPS. Very good provider, but I’ve only got experience with their network in Düsseldorf and not in Amsterdam.

Thanked by 2LiteServer Ympker
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@LiteServer is prem

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2020

1) Liteserver (Dronten/Serverius) and
    2) Ultravps.eu AMS (has DTAG direct peering )

I've been a happy customer of both since November 2016. Production Certified.
    Buy with confidence.

Ordering using my ultravps referral code gives new clients
    "a 15 % discount for the first order and the first 6 months."
    Works even on monthly orders.
    Tip: Their KVM-SAS series are about 95% as snappy as KVM-SSD (ZFS nvme cache magic )

(AFF)Link English: https://www.ultravps.eu/en/vps/?pdid=OB585446575DO6331C64
    (alt) https://www.ultravps.eu/?pdid=OB585446575DO6331C64

You can investigate routes with their AMS looking glass : http://lg.ams.nl.ultravps.eu/
    AS/Peering : https://bgp.he.net/AS29141

Caveat Emptor: You do need to be competent with Linux. They provision a 10GB root(/) volume and the storage mentioned in your plan as a separate /mnt volume. It's up to you how you want to divvy up/join these volumes.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • cazrzcazrz Member

+1 on these
    1. ultravps.eu
    2. Liteserver

If you want Leaseweb network in Amsterdam try intovps.com

• kp93kp93 Member

+1 @LiteServer

Very flexible with client requirements and support .

Loved their Managed and Semi-managed options .

Thanked by 2LiteServer vimalware
  • RedSoxRedSox Member

What happened to LiteServer? Seems like their prices raised up. Reorientation? There were a lot of budget plans 6 monhs ago. Now their plans start from 5 euro/mo.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
    edited May 2020

@RedSox said:
    What happened to LiteServer? Seems like their prices raised up. Reorientation? There were a lot of budget plans 6 monhs ago. Now their plans start from 5 euro/mo.

The smaller KVM plans and OpenVZ plans have been dropped - they simply have no future.
    Low memory KVM VPSes won't work very will with modern OSes like Ubuntu 18+ / CentOS 8 which need at least 512MB to just boot.
    This is basically for us the reason that our smallest plans are starting at 1GB RAM.
    Grab a nice coupon (like the current 25% one), and you've catched a super deal! ;-)

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • BarisBaris Member

@LiteServer
    I am really satisfied with their products and support. Give them a try you will not be disappointed.

• pbxpbx Member

Yisp. Not in LET pricing but pretty good provider.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

@WebGuru said:
    INIZ @kt is probably one the oldest and reliable provider in Amsterdam NL.

Thanks!

@davenz let us know how we can help :)

• prometeus.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

I ended up trying out @LiteServer but service setup for vps is still pending...logged support ticket no response.. does not give me confidence.

• I have been using LiteServer for well over an year and have had very little issues with it. Stable and reliable, and the price is also very attractive. Overall a very good choice.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@davenz said:
    I ended up trying out @LiteServer but service setup for vps is still pending...logged support ticket no response.. does not give me confidence.

Welcome to EU hosting!

Really, its what most LET providers are.

• They will tell you they have lives on weekends, but they cannot honestly tell you that its one man shop or two.
    • Many does not provide weekend/holiday support.
    • In many cases they will respond within 24-48 hours.

You want fast support? Try intovps.com, very reasonable prices. Developed Fleio, and have a good reputation even with their Managed Hosting (Hosterion). Not a oneman shop.

Thanked by 1fleio
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2020

Does it specifically need to be in Amsterdam? If not, Ramnode has services in NL too, I’m not sure where but it’s at the Dataplace DC.

Edit: Just to add, I‘ve been a LiteServer customer since 2017 and I don’t have any issues with them. Callum’s a nice guy.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @davenz said:

Callum is the friendliest provider I've had the pleasure to deal with. It's nice to know you'll get a human response to almost any reasonable concern.

You should bump the ticket after 24hrs just in case a notification didn't get through to them.

Thanked by 2LiteServer kp93

@davenz said:

We're in a different timezone. Your ordered during midnight hours. Unfortunately your order has been picked out for manual review, causing some delay with the actual setup. Unfortunately opening a PayPal dispute shortly after doesn't speed the process up either.
    We're available 7 days a week, but during midnight hours (00:00 - 09:00) there may be a delay in response from us related to manual order review or non-critical issues/questions. We're humans and need sleep too ;-).

Thanked by 3Baris vimalware RedSox
  • niceboyniceboy Veteran

Try Ramnode! I'm using them at amsterdam and is great.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • pbxpbx Member

davenz said: I ended up trying out @LiteServer but service setup for vps is still pending...logged support ticket no response.. does not give me confidence.

Well, if it's 4AM in their timezone you might want to learn to be a bit more patient. Could be useful with other things in your life as well...

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

LiteServer said: Unfortunately opening a PayPal dispute shortly after doesn't speed the process up either.

Well done, OP.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • debaserdebaser Member

@thedp said:
    Ramnode has services in NL too, I’m not sure where but it’s at the Dataplace DC.

Dataplace has six dc’s in The Netherlands, but I believe Ramnode is colocated in Rotterdam. I’m no too fond of the network they’re using in NL though.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@LiteServer I have replied to you. Unfortunately a lot VPS providers have burnt me before and I prefer to go to providers that have round the clock support even if I have to pay more. Thanks for understanding. This is no reflection of your services I just did not know it was a one man band :)

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@davenz said:
    @LiteServer I have replied to you. Unfortunately a lot VPS providers have burnt me before and I prefer to go to providers that have round the clock support even if I have to pay more. Thanks for understanding. This is no reflection of your services I just did not know it was a one man band :)

@LiteServer isn't a one man band. But being impatient isn't good either, you were marked for manual review which takes time. Heck Hetzner doesn't respond to manual reviews at midnight they have set daily hours and you would have to wait for them too.

Also don't expect a good time with any provider if you start a PayPal dispute.