Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandithost Dead?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bandithost Dead?

I had an issue with their automated billing in where I had to swap out an expired credit card, but even after doing so, their systems continued to try to bill the old card...

I opened a support case and weeks went by without a response, just automated messages saying that the site will be terminated if not paid....

Fast forward about a month, now the main site bandithost.com is showing "Account Suspended".

I guess they're dead then? Anyone else come in similar?

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

tehrabbitt said: Fast forward about a month, now the main site bandithost.com is showing "Account Suspended".

I guess they're dead then?

Yes. Billions if not multi billions was lost. On a serious note, "bandithost" literally says that they are criminals or have criminal intentions. Why do you host with them?

Hm, I should create iwillscamyouhost.com for this summer. It should be fun.

• tehrabbitttehrabbitt Member
    edited April 2020

LTniger said: Why do you host with them?

Because there were several posts on here indicating they were a solid host... and a few recommendations of them as well.

Nothing major lost thankfully, just inconvenient.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

It's a shame, he was a good guy. Spoke to him quite a bit. My VM is still online.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Someone did mention this.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3096113/#Comment_3096113

Also, just realized that my BanditHost VPS went offline less than 24 hours ago.

I'm not sure how many people here have services with them, but yeah, looks dead to me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

LTniger said: On a serious note, "bandithost" literally says that they are criminals or have criminal intentions. Why do you host with them?

Only if read literally and not culturally. To a native English speaker, "bandit" has other meanings:

• used in US fighter pilot slang for an enemy plane ("bandit at 3 o'clock")
    • Smokey & the Bandit movies
    • the phrase "made out like a bandit"

Etc. Yes, "bandit" at its core is "armed robbery" but there are other, more positive interpretations. It's not like it was called TerroristHost or RapistHost.

• He hasn't been around for quite sometimes. I simply hope that he is healthy and safe and probably busy with life.

To @raindog308 points @Delong was/is in armed force and pretty sure, that is what inspired the name.

On a lighter note, if anyone needs something in UTAH, we are also in the same dc for our (not yet announced) Utah location :)

Oh well, another one bites the dust.

• seriesn said: On a lighter note, if anyone needs something in UTAH, we are also in the same dc for our (not yet announced) Utah location

>

I'm actually looking at your promotions right now.

I think I might actually sign up :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Don't be sad. Hundreds of new web hosting "companies" pop up every day.

@thedp said:

I'm not sure how many people here have services with them, but yeah, looks dead to me.

Yeah mine is dead now too, I checked yesterday and it was online

@deank said:
    Don't be sad. Hundreds of new web hosting "companies" pop up every day.

Now that's sad but true :D

• @tehrabbitt said:

seriesn said: On a lighter note, if anyone needs something in UTAH, we are also in the same dc for our (not yet announced) Utah location

>

I'm actually looking at your promotions right now.

I think I might actually sign up :)

<3 Welcome to the family :)

edited April 2020

@Jord said:

@thedp said:

Oh look, it's back online :D

08:00:08 up 114 days, 7:12, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

His web seems to be hosted at IOFLOOD though.

Edit: Spoke to soon, went back offline now :joy:

no answer yet for icmp_seq=1
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=2
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=3
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=4
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=5
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=6

@thedp said:

@Jord said:

@thedp said:

Oh look, it's back online :D

08:00:08 up 114 days, 7:12, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

His web seems to be hosted at IOFLOOD though.

Edit: Spoke to soon, went back offline now :joy:

no answer yet for icmp_seq=1
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=2
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=3
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=4
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=5
    no answer yet for icmp_seq=6

Yep mine is still dead. It's a shame really.

• ernierni Member

I got the "LET Provider Poll 2019 - Results" prize from Bandithost 4 months ago and I messaged @Delong & sent a ticket to get the prize, but I never got any reply.
    A few weeks ago their site went down showing "Account Suspended".
    I'm just kinda annoyed that they are going deadpool but still "provided" prizes in the Provider Poll.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@erni said:
    I got the "LET Provider Poll 2019 - Results" prize from Bandithost 4 months ago and I messaged @Delong & sent a ticket to get the prize, but I never got any reply.
    I'm just kinda annoyed that they are going deadpool but still "provided" prizes in the Provider Poll.

The poll runs for a good few weeks so it's possible that at the time the poll started they were financially OK. That, or they were hoping giving the prizes would drive word of mouth/praise and ultimately sales to get them financially OK.

I've always said that hosts should have 6 months+ in the bank to cover their expenses to get through the bad times. It seems companies rarely do though.

Francisco

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Francisco said:

@erni said:

The poll runs for a good few weeks so it's possible that at the time the poll started they were financially OK. That, or they were hoping giving the prizes would drive word of mouth/praise and ultimately sales to get them financially OK.

I've always said that hosts should have 6 months+ in the bank to cover their expenses to get through the bad times. It seems companies rarely do though.

Francisco

Isn’t that same for any business sir? Or real life. Rainy day funds.