Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation Best Provideer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation Best Provideer

Hi All,

My requirement is to have 2 x 1U server with VLAN setup and both of the servers needs to have redundant 1Gbps uplink and need 10TB bandwidth each with redundant power supply.

Can somebody recommend best colo provider?

Thanks

Thanked by 1RedSox

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

What location and what is your budget?

• USA location, I see colocrossing providing the service for 59 USD, so similar.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

We offer redundancy by default. We could do this for you for $130/mo. https://www.spryservers.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=237

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@imgmoney where at in the usa you looking?

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

@imgmoney said:

My requirement is to have 2 x 1U server with VLAN setup and both of the servers needs to have redundant 1Gbps uplink and need 10TB bandwidth each with redundant power supply.

EDIT: Just referencing .us, removed .eu references

from good personal experience:

• empire-hosting (just chat them up or send them a ticket)

okay:

• America: dacentec (works, but network could be slightly better)
    • turnkeyinternet (works, but has a weird abuse/blacklist policy)

But here is a word of advice i would like to give you. As it is the best and honest you will ever get.

"Colo either near your place of residence or near your customers/target audience"

YOU: Nothing sucks more than having to pay a penalty for out of office hours remote hands or having hardware break and long shipping times for the fix.
    CUSTOMERS: High Latency, low thruput

• I am looking for USA location because I am planning to buy servers in USA. I will be using CF with Argo and Railgun, so I believe latency is not going to be the problem.

All I need is a decent DC in USA with properly manned, good security, good uptime.

@imgmoney I might have an option for you but i dont have it listed. it comes with remote hands as needed as well.
    I'm still working out the details with the DC but if you want send me a message and i'll give you my number to go over the details.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@imgmoney said:
    I am looking for USA location because I am planning to buy servers in USA. I will be using CF with Argo and Railgun, so I believe latency is not going to be the problem.

All I need is a decent DC in USA with properly manned, good security, good uptime.

We can definitely do this for you. Additionally, we offer free 15 minutes remote hands per month.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

@imgmoney said:
    I am looking for USA location because I am planning to buy servers in USA. I will be using CF with Argo and Railgun, so I believe latency is not going to be the problem.

you might also want to check with your future colo provider if they can help you fetch some hardware at a good price. Because chances are they might get some bulk discount that can potentially be passed along to you

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited April 2020

I’m not currently using them, but Hivelocity is awesome!

Hey look its a wild @HM-Michael.
    Do you know their ranges?

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

@imgmoney said:

Our DC is manned 24/7/365, so there is no off-hours rate for remote hands, all rates are the same any time of the day. From a security perspective, our facility meets the most stringent industry compliance requirements, ensuring we provide our customers with trusted, secure, and reliable services.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

What level of redundancy are you looking at? For small units such as 1U or 2 x 1U in your case, many providers will give you 2 uplinks from their TOR (top of the rack switch) if you need 2 more, these may just come from the same TOR switch. Similarly, for redundant power you might want to clarify and ask if the rack itself has redundany A+B power feeds.

• nhdnhd Member

We've used Psychz for awhile and have been good so far. They have a few locations in the US.

https://www.psychz.net/colocation.html

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Fiberhub is great, Rob can probably arrange this.

He might be able to sell you a 1/4 rack incase you want to add more servers.

Francisco