Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Degoo 10TB Cloud Storage - 99$ Lifetime deal on Stacksocial - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Degoo 10TB Cloud Storage - 99$ Lifetime deal on Stacksocial

Comments

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:
    I know, Degoo is shit and all. But you can currently get 10TB Lifetime Cloud Storage for 99$:
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/degoo-premium-lifetime-backup-plans-10tb

Extremely disappointed.

The speed I saw at 250Mbps for the first file I uploaded was the only instance I was able to get that speed.

The speed now is around 600 to 800Kbps. I am only uploading a single 12 gig file now. It is faster than a modem speed that we used 25 years ago though.

I got had by scammer, degoo. I should have listened to those warnings more carefully.
    $99.00 to a garbage can...

Damn, that sux. Can you try again tomorrow at the same time you got the good speed? Perhaps it also depends on the usage time. I guess, you have the "speed" thing enabled?

Did you upload via Web browser, or Degoo Client?

I am uploading from a browser (chrome) as I saw bad speed on the outdated client.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2020

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:
    I know, Degoo is shit and all. But you can currently get 10TB Lifetime Cloud Storage for 99$:

Extremely disappointed.

The speed I saw at 250Mbps for the first file I uploaded was the only instance I was able to get that speed.

The speed now is around 600 to 800Kbps. I am only uploading a single 12 gig file now. It is faster than a modem speed that we used 25 years ago though.

I got had by scammer, degoo. I should have listened to those warnings more carefully.

Damn, that sux. Can you try again tomorrow at the same time you got the good speed? Perhaps it also depends on the usage time. I guess, you have the "speed" thing enabled?

I am uploading from a browser (chrome) as I saw bad speed on the outdated client.

Damn.. It's definitely not uploading super fast for me (free 100GB account) but not super slow either: https://i.gyazo.com/ff02dc9600cacb220885fd03cf5cde07.mp4

I can download with 7,5 MB/s though.. Which is fine. Video playback also works fine for me.

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

Extremely disappointed.

Damn.. It's definitely not uploading super fast for me (free 100GB account) but not super slow either: https://i.gyazo.com/ff02dc9600cacb220885fd03cf5cde07.mp4

I can download with 7,5 MB/s though.. Which is fine. Video playback also works fine for me.

Just uploaded at 90 Mbps on the computer I had uploaded the first file from.
    This is still acceptable.

Uploading at 700Kbps at another computer.
    (I have a back luck uploading from this computer, the same network, just another computer)

Very strange.

• @yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

Extremely disappointed.

(I have a back luck uploading from this computer, the same network, just another computer)

Very strange.

I'd argue 90mbps is actually pretty good. 700kbps ofc.. Not

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

Extremely disappointed.

Very strange.

I believe so.

Do you think Degoo has a prejudice against another computer? :-)

• @yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

Extremely disappointed.

Very strange.

I believe so.

Most likely not. Maybe a different OS version/driver/setup on the other Computer idk tbh.

@doughnet said:
    can access as a filesystem mount on linux? network speed?

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

Extremely disappointed.

Very strange.

I believe so.

Most likely not. Maybe a different OS version/driver/setup on the other Computer idk tbh.

Exactly the same computer. I will try with my laptop and tablets too. Thanks.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • larmaratlarmarat Member
    edited April 2020

I uploaded a video just as a test, and the playback performance seemed good enough.

I can't see me paying anything for it though, because the app is poor and just uploading everything via the web browser is annoying.

That's without considering all the slow reports (they're all over Reddit too).

It seems they do make it hard to upload files so that you don't use all your space.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They throttle you later. Waste of money.

The speed problem is only from my other computer (I don't know why)
    Upload speed has been good on my primary computer. On three big file uploads, one with around 230Mbps, another with 95 Mbps, the last with 350 Mbps.
    What I don't like is it takes a long time to prepare to upload. The bigger size the longer. For 100 gig file, it took more than 30 min. to prepare.
    *Degoo android mobile app has some decent rating/download like 4.4+ with 10m+ dl.

• @yongsiklee said:
    Upload speed has been good on my primary computer. On three big file uploads, one with around 230Mbps, another with 95 Mbps, the last with 350 Mbps.
    What I don't like is it takes a long time to prepare to upload. The bigger size the longer. For 100 gig file, it took more than 30 min. to prepare.
    *Degoo android mobile app has some decent rating/download like 4.4+ with 10m+ dl.

About the big files.. probably sucks but luckily most of my Plex files are smaller than 5-10GB :)

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

About the big files.. probably sucks but luckily most of my Plex files are smaller than 5-10GB :)

Maybe by "preparing to download," it means encrypting.
    What is your average upload speed there at Koofr?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2020

@yongsiklee said:

@Ympker said:

@yongsiklee said:

Maybe by "preparing to download," it means encrypting.
    What is your average upload speed there at Koofr?

I don't measure it tbh. It just appears to be fast enough. I have 25 Mbits max upload speed from my ISP. My files 1-5GB each (max.) usually upload pretty fast although I dont monitor it but just let it sync like in GDrive folders. Some files are like 10GB but I'm happy, still.

Pretty sure "preparing to download" means the encryption part. Iirc I read that in their Help FAQ under "slow uploads".

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • @default said:

@rcy026 said:

@Tony40 said:
    I really don't get this, why not just buy a portable external hard drive... they are so small this days, you can put it in your back pocket....some come with password protection + 256 bit AES hardware encryption....For me, my data is safe when I have it with me.

Simplicity I guess. With online backup you can just set it and forget it, you don't have to remember to bring a drive, plug it in and copy a bunch of files.
    Plus, its easy to lose a physical drive. Fire, you get robbed, waterdamage, static electricity...lots of thing can happen to a physical drive, especially if you move it around.

• with a cloud storage, once the company is sold or goes down, your data is no longer yours, it becomes someone else's. In such scenario, for a very low price, you become a product on the long term. Corporations and governments love private data, just like you do.
    • with a physical drive you hold your data, and nobody else can get it (unless you give it away). If you hold it for backups, there is no point in moving it around, and with a IP68 graded storage (like this), you can have it more resistant (to children for example).

In conclusion, it depends on your data and you, if you want to share or not.

• If a company wants my data, they can have it. It's config files and databases, most of the information is available freely from github anyway.

• The idea of offsite backup is to have it elsewhere, hence, if I backup to a physical drive, I will have to physically move it elsewhere.

• any coupons around? %50 maybe :)

• @tridinebandim said:
    any coupons around? %50 maybe :)

50% off 99$ for lifetime? Not sure you'll find one but if you do, by all means, share it.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • I think such companies will allow 10TB as long as you are just allocated like 1,000 inodes and 1MB max filesize upload

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited April 2020

@ympker i am interested in 2 tb one. 1 tb with lower price would be better but ...

• YmpkerYmpker Member

15% off with FEB15OFF

85$/10TB lifetime.

• i don't know why i never trust anything that offers a lifetime plan

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

@DianTama said:
    i don't know why i never trust anything that offers a lifetime plan

Because Lifetime plans are usually not sustainable :) Yet I have made good experiences with the products I choose so far.

@jcaleb said:
    I think such companies will allow 10TB as long as you are just allocated like 1,000 inodes and 1MB max filesize upload

I uploaded my desktop image 125 GiB onto a few folders and the speed varies between at 90 Mbps and 250 Mbps. Big files take long time to prepare to download and I guess it's encrypting. And once done, the speed is good, comparable to that of google drive or Microsoft One drive.

Thanked by 2Ympker jcaleb

@Ympker said:
    15% off with FEB15OFF

85$/10TB lifetime.

I should have waited a bit longer :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@yongsiklee said:

@jcaleb said:
    I think such companies will allow 10TB as long as you are just allocated like 1,000 inodes and 1MB max filesize upload

I uploaded my desktop image 125 GiB onto a few folders and the speed varies between at 90 Mbps and 250 Mbps. Big files take long time to prepare to download and I guess it's encrypting. And once done, the speed is good, comparable to that of google drive or Microsoft One drive.

Sounds good :D

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • I can't recommend this service. Used them for few months. Than on a day when I need to take back my backup - they lost my files up because of bugs and problems on their side (software, or servers, i don't remember). Tried one more time in 2019, still the same problems like it was in 2015

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @desperand said:
    I can't recommend this service. Used them for few months. Than on a day when I need to take back my backup - they lost my files up because of bugs and problems on their side (software, or servers, i don't remember). Tried one more time in 2019, still the same problems like it was in 2015

Should've seen that coming, rather pick up a BuyVM slab

• There was a big stink a couple of months ago. They had a bot scan everyone's files and when something had a copyright infringing title they sent you an email saying you broke their rules and were being banned in two weeks if you didn't appeal.

This is supposed to be a company that is high on security and not know what you're uploading.

They've been getting roasted consistently on TrustPilot, Reddit and a whole bunch of other places because of this.

They already had a poor reputation, this just made it much, much worse.

Their service is also extremely slow for backing up and for restoring it would take like 2 weeks to restore 200GB. They even killed off downloading the Windows app and stopped supporting it, I guess they couldn't handle people backing up their whole computers on the service.

P.S. They shut me down also for like 4 videos I had on my computer several months prior to sending me the warning. I wasn't sharing any videos, they just happened to be in one of the hundreds of folders I was backing up. I did appeal and they said response not good enough and shut my account down a few weeks later.

• I received same letter for having Microsoft public ISOs. Responded they were legitimate files they let me go, however I deleted all my data after that.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited October 2020

who is degoo?

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/degoo
    “Number of Current Team Members: 2”

https://cloud.google.com/customers/degoo
    “Degoo: leveraging Google Cloud Platform for world-class online storage”

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/degoo.com
    “1.2/5”

It's not I dont trust "lifetime". I just don't trust whoever offer "lifetime" will have longer "lifetime" than me.

nty.

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • Nothing is unlimited/lifetime. I would suggest getting a Google GSuite Business subscription. Its unlimited space too but I have seen people store 100s of terabytes of data in a single account.