Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email - client
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email - client

Have been using cpanel default "horde" web email client.

Trying to get suggestions for decent windows based email clients that support imap. good search features...

outlook seems clunky...

TIA. Stay safe!

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Rainloop is good. I use it almost everywhere.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • FritzFritz Veteran

Thunderbird?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Apart from Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook

https://www.getmailspring.com/ comes to mind (from https://github.com/nylas/nylas-mail#forks)

Thanked by 2plumberg iqbal
  • @armandorg said:
    Rainloop is good. I use it almost everywhere.

He's specifically asking for a Windows app, not another webmail client.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

MailBird here.

It just works and its cheap.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I find there is nothing better than Outlook. 2016/2019 versions are the best. Compared to previous versions.

Thunderbird to me just looks outdated and I never really liked it.

Thanked by 1DP
  • rcy026rcy026 Member
    edited April 2020

You could try eM client (https://www.emclient.com/).
    Lots of features, interface similar to Outlook, supports all kinds of protocols and providers.
    I've used it for a while, and the thing that bugs me about it is that it is somewhat slow. Feels like kind of an annoying little delay in everything you do, but other then that it works ok.

Thunderbird really is the best client, but man, it looks 20-years outdated. I really wish they could get a nice UI on it.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

I'm using Thunderbird with Tbsync addon (CalDAV, CardDAV), have always been a TB user since it does everything I need without much fuss. That's the reason why I still keep using it, the interface may look old (it has a dark mode now if you're into that) but everything is so straight forward.

The latest version of Outlook for Windows OTOH needs ugly registry hacks to even let you view the mail source, not exactly my kind of client.

Pavin.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

On windows go with Thunderbird. Its the "best" of the windows mail clients.
    Alternativly is a web-client an option?

• As previously mentioned...
    Outlook as paid solution and Thunderbird as free solution.
    Please also check Foxmail as an excellent, free solution.

Stay safe,
    Cheers!

• Nothing beats Outlook... it has its caveats but still is hands-down the crown holder. I wish they enable Markdown support for Outlook, that will be super productive

• hzrhzr Member

mehargags said: Nothing beats Outlook... it has its caveats but still is hands-down the crown holder. I wish they enable Markdown support for Outlook, that will be super productive

I'm still annoyed emojis are barely usable and in 2020 they're still making the font wingdings and the letter a J when you type a :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • alfinderaualfinderau Member
    edited April 2020

+1 for eM Client. Nothing better on Windows if you are using IMAP, CardDav, CalDav

I switched from Outlook (client) and Kopano (exchange server) to eM and dovecot/radicale on the server and I am very happy with this setup.

Pros:

• Email, Calender, Contacts in one app (like Outlook)
    • very plain and tidy
    • ways faster than Outlook 2010 (I don't know newer versions) when i comes to IMAP
    • no need for plugins using Card/CalDav (unlike Thunderbird)
    • excellent search function
    • support for a lot of other protocols
    • free for 2 email account (no limit of contact or calender accounts)

Cons:

• closed source
    • The only thing I miss compared to Outlook is a kind of "dashboard" where you can see the latest emails and calender dates of the day
  • ritlabs.com

• Vivaldi is launching a built in Email client soon.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • The Bat
    https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

Rarely see it mentioned these days.

• Outlook or Thunderbird.

• thebat (ritlabs) or nothing

• @hzr said:

mehargags said: Nothing beats Outlook... it has its caveats but still is hands-down the crown holder. I wish they enable Markdown support for Outlook, that will be super productive

I'm still annoyed emojis are barely usable and in 2020 they're still making the font wingdings and the letter a J when you type a :)

But Wingdings is much more than just a quirky font. It was —and remains — a phenomenon. In the early '90s, it was one of the first times people realized fonts could break through to the mainstream. One of the creators of Wingdings, Charles Bigelow, of the legendary design studio Bigelow & Holmes, told me Wingdings marked one of the first times a font became part of the popular culture.

• Anyone using Spark email client? Tried it and seems OK-ish too.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Windows Mail?

• YKMYKM Member

@sandanista said:
    The Bat
    https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/

Rarely see it mentioned these days.

I used this years back and loved it, brilliant filtering and fast, had to support Outlook so moved, would definitely recommend it if you want flexibility it can do pretty much anything you want and must be even better now.. I’m going to take a look again.

Thanked by 2hyperblast plumberg
  • the bat! is prem.