Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Crissic Solutions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Crissic Solutions

CraigACraigA Member
edited August 2013 in Reviews

Hello everybody,

This is my first review here on LET, but before I continue I would like to give a little background about myself. My name is Craig and I'm a Linux-a-holic. I've been using Linux for about 16 years now and administering servers for about 9. Currently I have VPS's with 6 different providers, 5 of which advertise here on LET. I use these boxes for various purposes ranging from 128mb PPTP tunnels to low-latency Asterisk PBX to just random development boxes.

I wanted to post here about my experience so far with Crissic Solutions. I came across a post on LET about a month ago when I was looking for a specific provider who could provide me with a box and a bundle of IPv4 addresses. At the time I saw a post by community member @Asim in which different providers offer up addresses at various rates. I scanned through each response, and then through each specific provider's recent posts to see what their company was offering (I also purchased a VPS with multiple IPs from another provider in that post at a later date).

During the first two weeks I had a few different support issues. For the most part, @SkylarM was there to respond to whatever issues I bought up immediately. When he wasn't, I still received a response toward the issue within an hour from his support team (issue was raised at 3:30AM).

I was impressed enough with the services that I decided to move one of my websites to Crissic Solution's shared hosting plan. When I came to the conclusion that the shared hosting did not work for my specific circumstances, SkylarM worked with me to provide exactly what I needed in terms of hosting site on another VPS instance. After working through my requirements with me and helping select a new package, he even went a step forward and credited my shared hosting package back to my account.

The service I've received at Crissic Solutions is impeccable. SkylarM has consistently gone above and beyond to help resolve whatever issue's I've faced; even when I've raised a more-than-normal amount of issues in a short period of time, only to figure out it was a configuration issue on my end. I normally don't post reviews, but it's really the service that I've received that has led me to want to share my experiences here.

Regards,

CraigA

Comments

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited August 2013

I have one of their Reseller Plans. Their average load is about 1-2 (rather high for me).
    I haven't use it, a bit scary for me to move my clients there.

• @Fritz we are likely going to be moving our shared stuff to a proper CloudLinux based setup. It's taken a bit of a backburner as we make some pretty sizable changes to expand with our Jacksonville location. We do have some high resource users on the node that we are working with at the moment to try and get the load back down to something I'd find more acceptable.

@CraigA appreciate the review, always glad to hear customers are happy with our services!

• CraigACraigA Member
    edited August 2013

I don't have an account on the shared server anymore so I couldn't comment on that. The two VPS's that I do have have been rock solid. If that has been the case for awhile (high load on the reseller account), I wouldn't be surprised if they are already looking into a solution to bring the loads down.

• FritzFritz Veteran

@SkylarM, Thanks for that. :)

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I had one of their VPS;s for awhile and the IO was great, the network was also great, didn't have an issue with it.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I had a Crissic VPS too and they are great. If anybody wants to order, don't wait anymore.

• @Fritz said:
    SkylarM, Thanks for that. :)

Should have something more solid in place in a week or so. As of now load average is right about 1-2 but nothing appears to be running slow or abnormal. We'll keep a close eye on things, but if you run into any issues you know how to get ahold of us ;)

• xsetxset Member

@skylarm How many CPU cores do you have in the box with load 1-2 ? Why is such a low load an issue if you have multiple cores?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited August 2013

@xset said:
    skylarm How many CPU cores do you have in the box with load 1-2 ? Why is such a low load an issue if you have multiple cores?

It isn't an issue by any means, just higher than I'd like it to be ;) Things are running smoothly on the server. As of now it is a VPS on one of our nodes, I intend to migrate it to something more dedicated to itself in the next few weeks.

• I've got a Crissic OVZ512 VPS. No issues. @SkylarM was a huge help with an IP change.

• @MasonsHill said:
    I've got a Crissic OVZ512 VPS. No issues. SkylarM was a huge help with an IP change.

We have most customers over. Still have about 150 Ips to swap over and then we'll be done with that. Those that swapped early helped a bunch.

• @SkylarM said:
    Those that swapped early helped a bunch.

I was one of those, and the process was quick and flawless. Well done.

Crissic has delivered for me so far. If the level of service can be maintained over the long hall we have a winner :)

• @Fritz said:
    SkylarM, Thanks for that. :)

Just did some big tweaks to our shared services configuration so load should be much better now, do let me know if you notice anything abnormal.

• FritzFritz Veteran

@SkylarM said:
    Just did some big tweaks to our shared services configuration so load should be much better now, do let me know if you notice anything abnormal.

A lot better now. Let's see how it goes. :)

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited August 2013

@SkylarM,
    Did you accidentally deleted my account? It shows default cpanel page (I'm on 208.17, 208.16 is unreachable since last week).
    Edit
    Now both IPs is down.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited August 2013

@Fritz said:
    SkylarM,
    Did you accidentally deleted my account? It shows default cpanel page (I'm on 208.17, 208.16 is unreachable since last week).
    Edit
    Now both IPs is down.

Our firewall decided it didn't want to play well for some reason, it does appear to be fixed though. Let me know if you are still experiencing issues.

• URPAD RamNode Crissic
    I like them.no problem.

• @zxsdw said:
    URPAD RamNode Crissic
    I like them.no problem.

@zxsdw Thanks for your recommendation if anyone has any questions about URPad please don't hesitate to open a ticket!

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited August 2013

@Zen said:
    Did you not sell URPad? Maybe I'm losing it O_O

I did, I was recently offered a job working for RootLevelTech who purchased URPad from me and I took it.